PDA

View Full Version : Bluescreen only in this game

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 09:29
I got Deus Ex Human Revolution,played it,maxed out on my system,around 80-100 fps @ 1600x900,but thats not the point.The temperature during the game go up to 80 degrees celsius on the gfx card,processor stays at 40,then my pc gets bluescreened which says "The system has been shut down because of an uncontrollable hardware error"

Is it because it is overheating or is it something else?And if it is overheating why does it crash my pc only in this game?In The Witcher 2 it doesnt,in AC Brotherhood it doesnt(played it all day yesterday) and on other games it doesnt crash aswell,i know that DE:HR just came out and nvidia didnt optimize it yet,but i just want to know what happens.

I read a topic here which said you have to bump the voltage up a bit,in my oppinion you shouldnt have to bump the voltage to play a game.

Specs are as follows:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD
GPU: ASUS GTX 560ti DirectCU II
Memory: 8GB A-Data XPG Gaming Series @ 1600 Mhz
PSU:FSP 700 Watt Aurum Series
Case: Aerocool VS-9W

Thanks.

-dr00p

jaywalker2309
1st Sep 2011, 09:35
I thought the 560 had quite high power requirements at full wack.. so your 700W powersupply may not be enough?
Just found this for you http://www.techspot.com/review/359-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560ti/page11.html <- shows that the card in crysis was nearly 360W just for the card itself on stress.. so thats over half your powersupply for 1 device..

It may well be just overheating, but its possibly power issues too..

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 09:38
I thought the 560 had quite high power requirements at full wack.. so your 700W powersupply may not be enough?
Just found this for you http://www.techspot.com/review/359-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560ti/page11.html <- shows that the card in crysis was nearly 360W just for the card itself on stress.. so thats over half your powersupply for 1 device..

Thing is it only happens in DX:HR in other games it doesnt happen and it goes up to even higher temps,earlier today crysis 2 had it going at around 86 degrees celsius :| I really wanna play this game but if i cant fix its just a waste of money D:

jaywalker2309
1st Sep 2011, 09:40
every game engine stresses the system differently.. task manager etc only shows `some` information about usage.

if you turn some detail down does the temp drop and the bsod stop?

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 09:41
every game engine stresses the system differently.. task manager etc only shows `some` information about usage.

if you turn some detail down does the temp drop and the bsod stop?

Nope.I tried running at lowest details with dx11 off,with the side of my case out,temp dropped about 2 degrees and still crashed.

jaywalker2309
1st Sep 2011, 09:52
Nope.I tried running at lowest details with dx11 off,with the side of my case out,temp dropped about 2 degrees and still crashed.

Only a 2 degree drop going for minimum settings, thats not a lot at all, would really expect a much bigger drop. is that on lowest resolution too?

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 09:54
Only a 2 degree drop going for minimum settings, thats not a lot at all, would really expect a much bigger drop. is that on lowest resolution too?

640x480 i think it was either that or 1024x768.The 2 degree drop was only in game,while idling my gfx card stays at 35-38 degrees celsius which is in my oppinion very cool.

If i cant fix it i guess ill have to wait for my cousing to get a new pc to test it on his,or wait for nvidia to release a driver update maybe its a nvidia problem who knows.

jaywalker2309
1st Sep 2011, 09:56
nVidia am sure are working on optimisations as they always do after game releases..

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 09:58
nVidia am sure are working on optimisations as they always do after game releases..

Ill try the voltage tweak,if it doesnt work then ill wait for nvidia or a game patch.

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 13:52

tried the voltage tweak,still crashes my system.I'm affraid to even test sollutions because i am affraid its gonna mess up my system :|.Its the same bluescreen aswell.

OwCeDe
1st Sep 2011, 14:19

Just a quick FYI. The 360W is for the total system usage. The PCIe specification actually limits PCIe slots to 300W. Nvidia has the 560 listed as a 170W card, so the PSU is probably not the problem.

With regards to the bluecreeen; I would recommend closing all other programs and removing any overclocks you might have on your system.

I discovered that using MSI afterburner would cause BF:BC2 to bluecreen, which seems really random but it hasn't done it since I stopped using the program with Battlefield.

The temps seem fine. Most GPU's nowadays can happily run in the 80's and even 90+.

dr00p
1st Sep 2011, 14:24
Just a quick FYI. The 360W is for the total system usage. The PCIe specification actually limits PCIe slots to 300W. Nvidia has the 560 listed as a 170W card, so the PSU is probably not the problem.

With regards to the bluecreeen; I would recommend closing all other programs and removing any overclocks you might have on your system.

I discovered that using MSI afterburner would cause BF:BC2 to bluecreen, which seems really random but it hasn't done it since I stopped using the program with Battlefield.

The temps seem fine. Most GPU's nowadays can happily run in the 80's and even 90+.

I tried everything from trying to play it on a cold boot and without msi afterburner,actually first time it crashed it was without afterburner,i dloaded it to see if it was a overheating problem but obviously its not.My pc is not the problem since its brand new,a week old,not even overclocked,the GFX card is factory oc'ed by ASUS so i havent modified anything.It works perfectly in all other games from Witcher 2 maxed out to Crysis 2 maxed out,no overheating or bluescreens on those,its just this game which i was waiting for and im really frustrated that no one has this problem :confused:

Psyk
3rd Sep 2011, 20:09
I had a bluescreen while playing this earlier today. Something immediately stood out, I have the exact same graphics card as you do.

Although the rest of the system is quite different. I have an i5 2500K overclocked to 4.2 GHz, so it's possible that's my problem. The CPU temps seemed reasonable though, under 50C.

OwCeDe
3rd Sep 2011, 20:27
I tried everything from trying to play it on a cold boot and without msi afterburner,actually first time it crashed it was without afterburner,i dloaded it to see if it was a overheating problem but obviously its not.My pc is not the problem since its brand new,a week old,not even overclocked,the GFX card is factory oc'ed by ASUS so i havent modified anything.It works perfectly in all other games from Witcher 2 maxed out to Crysis 2 maxed out,no overheating or bluescreens on those,its just this game which i was waiting for and im really frustrated that no one has this problem :confused:

Have you tried setting your GPU to the standard clocks? I had Crysis Warhead constantly crashing with my old GTX 275s', which were factory OC'd. Once I set them to the standard clocks, the game was fine.

Might be a long shot but worth a try. Also, I've seen people claiming that a slight voltage increase seems to help stability with 500 series cards but I don't know if that's worth perusing.

Beugnen
3rd Sep 2011, 23:49
then my pc gets bluescreened which says "The system has been shut down because of an uncontrollable hardware error"

Is it because it is overheating or is it something else?p

blue screens are the result of HW malfunction, buggy drivers and other kernel-level processes. it generally not possible for user applications to cause a blue screen directly.

i ran into this recently with power saving options on windows 7/vista. have a go setting it to balanced instead of high performance. sometimes it prevents the cpu from being revved back.

dr00p
4th Sep 2011, 07:15
blue screens are the result of HW malfunction, buggy drivers and other kernel-level processes. it generally not possible for user applications to cause a blue screen directly.

i ran into this recently with power saving options on windows 7/vista. have a go setting it to balanced instead of high performance. sometimes it prevents the cpu from being revved back.

It is on balanced.I even used a restore point because i thought i installed some drivers wrong or something.