PDA

View Full Version : Foxiest of the Hounds (HELP.)

Jewseph
1st Sep 2011, 01:22
I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the parameters of this achievement is...

It say's:
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms.

Is it as literal as it seems or does this include...

A) Hostiles getting "Alarmed/Hostile?"
or
B) Just the literal sense of do not let any AI set off any alarms???

EDIT: Finally Found some info.

Jewseph
1st Sep 2011, 01:43
Hey, Just Completed the game (very cool one by the way) and got both Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds cheeves, which to be honest suprised me due to many things happening I thought would make me fail them, So here are the things it turns out you can get away with.

*Spoilers*

Pacifist

Glitchy dead gang members - I definetly had a few gang members come up with skulls under their names when I scrolled over them, however it seems this is fine (thank god).

Under water k.o.'s - I was a bit worried at one point in the sewers when i dragged knocked out enemies into the water to hide them, thinking maybe they drown. This was not the case.

Crazy people and frag mines - If they set them off themselves and you didn't plant them, its all good.

Last boss fight - during the last boss you (I think) have to kill the three peeps straped into the big machince, this doesn't count against you, neither do the deaths of crazys from touching the electrical floor.

Foxiest of the Hounds

Turrets - If they flash "hostile", as long as they don't start shooting you it seems to be ok.

Multiple people shooting at you - As long as they don't run to a wall alarm pad and trigger it this is also ok.

I just finished as well with my rather reckless playthrough and still managed to get Foxiest of the Hounds. Here is what I discovered:

-Being seen by a Camera and going into 'alert' but not 'hostile' is okay.
-Being seen by a guard and having him call reinforcements over is okay, number does not matter.
-Knocking out a guard and having another one revive him is okay.

---Spoilers Start---
-Being spotted by any of the crazies in the last area is completely okay, feel free to beat them all up with your fists.
---Spoilers End---

Bad(the ONLY way to lose your achievement):
-A guard hits an alarm (has a hand print on it)
-Shoot a Camera w/ a lethal weapon (the stun gun is okay, I did this all the time.)
-Seen by a Camera (and go hostile)
-Seen by a Turret (instantly goes hostile anyways)
-Seen by a security bot (exempt are the two bots at the end of Tai Young Medical)

This means pretty much feel free to go nuts in hub areas as long as there are no alarms, cameras, or turrets.

Don't be alarmed if you don't get Smooth Operator from all main story missions, not all of them have it. Also, you do NOT have to sneak into the police station to get the smooth operator bonus there. It simply does not count it if you take the convince path.

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4455284