PDA

View Full Version : Connections to deus ex?

luminar
31st Aug 2011, 23:37
Okay so I'm probably heading out to finally get my copy of DX:HR! My request is for you to explain how many references to deus ex there are. (spoiler free please!) More specifically is the deus ex 1 theme in the game in any capacity?

remmus
31st Aug 2011, 23:43
there mostly subtle nods here and there to things in the first game, minor things like new articles talking about early breakthroughs in nano technology, now of course I havenĀ“t played threw the whole game, so there might be more prominent connections in the later parts.

Messire
1st Sep 2011, 00:02
There are, believe me, and numerous at that! That is how we know how much the devs loved the first installment. And subtle they are, just as Remmus said. Be clever!
To give you a SINGLE hint and without spoiling, check the news on telly, from time to time.

Ju't Bcpvu Ifsnboo. ;-) >>> No spoil, as you required, really!

Enjoy the game, Mvnjobs! ;;-))

Doom972
1st Sep 2011, 00:08
You will mostly hear about characters from DX, and rarely actually see them.
As for themes: This is as Deus Ex as you get - philosophy, conspiracies and ethical dilemmas combined with cyberpunk technology.

pha
1st Sep 2011, 00:19
When you complete the game, don't skip the ending credits. That's all I can say.

luminar
1st Sep 2011, 01:18
Just got back and am getting ready to play! Thanks for responses and advice on story and such! Now onward to DEUS EX!

sumoftwosins
1st Sep 2011, 02:29
There are a few characters that are referenced. There is only location that is designed to be a big shout to an original location. Music for the level is also similar.

Nexus_6
1st Sep 2011, 02:32
If you hack into personal computers, you'll find emails to and from characters from the original game. You see younger incarnations of two people from DX in HR as well.

Sharkey1337
1st Sep 2011, 02:37
You'll come across some citizens whistling the original Deus Ex theme song, I thought that was pretty awesome when I heard it, lol.