PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Game

VinVed
31st Aug 2011, 23:18
The first Deus Ex game will probably remain the best game I have ever played. It might take awhile for another game like that to come into being. I'm posting this thread to bounce off ideas of an ultimate game that resembles what the first Deus Ex achieved. Whether it bears the name "Deus Ex" or not is of no importance. The mechanics of the game would play like the first Deus Ex i.e. First Person Shooter with Role Playing elements. Here are some of my ideas for the plotlines, locations visited, themes:

The Usual Illumanati type Groups. I.E Majestic 12, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, etc etc

NSA, KGB, MOSSAD

Royal Family, Windsor Bloodline,

Vatican, Rome, Holy Grail, Knights Templar,

Barcodes, Free Energy, Mircowave Mind Control, Subliminal Messages

The Pentagon, The Sphinx, Stonehenge, Tibet, Bermuda Triangle, Plum Island

The Occult, Atlantis, Elder Race, Grays, Vril Society, Yellow Hats, Elders of Zion, Mafia

-There are some of my ideas. Of course you would have your MiB's and all the good baddies that Deus Ex offered. And of course the game would have a Cyberpunk setting like Deus Ex. The locations would also span the Globe and feature City-Hubs. Prague, New York, Hong Kong, St. Petersburg, Tibet, Egypt, Morocco, etc. Those are just a few idea locations, the game wouldn’t have to contain all of them.

Post your thoughts and we can bounce around ideas for fun.

dbgager
31st Aug 2011, 23:21
Well in my opinion..Deus EX HR is a better game. I played the original.

VinVed
31st Aug 2011, 23:23
Well you’re free to incorporate ideas from Human Revolution as well.

dbgager
31st Aug 2011, 23:27
From an article where the developers where interviewed, I believe this is supposed to be a franchise type game like Metal Gear. So I believe we will be seeing quite a few more games in this series.

jtr7
1st Sep 2011, 02:10
I believe we will be seeing quite a few more games in this series.
Yes. No one said otherwise.

The Ultimate Game, rooted in, but not 100% beholden to, concepts that are inherently Deus Ex Series-type concepts, will not have a cluttered interface, will not need a fix to compensate for visual overload, will not absolutely require twitch muscles at any point to complete, will not impose one persepective's needs on preferences for another or auto-choose for any mechanic.

originalDX
1st Sep 2011, 02:29

You played the original...sure you did:rolleyes:
Get a copy and play it. Take your time play the whole games
explore and then tell me what you think.

I'll tell you I really did play it through on the release and many times after
and its far better than your "EX HR"

Nexus_6
1st Sep 2011, 02:46

Play the original again. Deus Ex HR is a great game, but it doesn't measure up to DX. Then again, very few games do. I'm not a die-hard fanboy who will defend the original to the hilt and hate HR for diverging from it in a vast multitude of ways, but the original DX far surpasses HR. Gameplay wise, it was a step in the right direction. It retained the fundamental gameplay mechanics that made the original so great as well as adding new elements to make it more appealing and innovative to contemporary gamers. As far as story goes, however, the game falls flat when compared to the original. The plot, while engrossing and thought-provoking, lacks the intricacy, depth and longevity that made the original so amazing. In the end, it makes unnecessary departures from pivotal elements of the first game, but is ultimately a step in the right direction for the series. They should based any future installments in the series more closely on the atmosphere and story structure of the original.

VinVed
1st Sep 2011, 03:56
Is it weird that I prefer the graphics from the original compared to HR? For some reason the ambiance of being in New York, Hong Kong, and Paris was 10 times better than it was in HR. Even if the graphics are crap by today's standards, you still felt like you were "there." They did a pretty good job on Heng Sha though. That’s maybe just because I have an affinity for Neon Lights and Asia.

It's strange because in the first game there was less clutter in City-Hubs than in HR. But I still felt a stronger presence of being in that particular location with DX1. Maybe it was the music...

Nexus_6
1st Sep 2011, 04:12
I feel the same way. While the locations of HR are nice and really detailed, they don't have that engrossing feeling of those in the original. The cities had a more ominous and gritty feel to them in DX; they were dark, sparsely populated, and often blight-stricken. HR's world feels gaudy, a bit cluttered and somehow less convincing. I think it would be awesome if someone made a third-party remake of the original DX on the HR engine, with the incorporation of some of HR's gameplay elements. Seeing the locations of DX from a new and improved perspective would be amazing.

Daedatheus
1st Sep 2011, 04:21
It's strange because in the first game there was less clutter in City-Hubs than in HR. But I still felt a stronger presence of being in that particular location with DX1. Maybe it was the music...

I had a similar feeling, although Hengsha warmed up to me and really sucked me in after a while. It's just so damn well-made.

But I agree, I think it's the music. The music made it such an involving experience just to walk around. The music is much more in the backseat and uninvolved in HR.