PDA

View Full Version : Where are the augmented edition extras?

cjonesey
31st Aug 2011, 18:25
I preordered deus ex Human revolution augmented edition on steam a few weeks before it came out. I have now completed the game but with no signs of any extra material which was said to be in the augmented edition apart from recieving deus ex game of the year edition, which I already had. Can someone please tell me how I can get access to the content, thank you.

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 18:32
Did you get the Tracer Tong mission for your pre order? Any extra weapons?

Frraksurred
31st Aug 2011, 18:33
I bought mine retail, but if I'm not wrong, there should be a code you can input into Steam for he extra content.

Specifically, right click on the Deus Ex: Human Revoluion icon in your Steam library. Go to "View Game CD Key". There should be a CD key and a DLC key, if not look under "View Downloadable Content" in the same menu. Copy the DLC key or write it down some where. Now go to the top of your Steam window and click "Games" and then "Activate a Product on Steam". Paste the key here and apply. This should unlock your content.

Steam needs to do a better job of explaining this, I had the same issue with Mass Effect 2.

cjonesey
31st Aug 2011, 18:45
Edit: thanks for the help, although frraksurred you're information is slightly inccorect, I found the downloadable content under the tools option :)

Jason Parker
31st Aug 2011, 19:04
The Steam Augmented Edition does not include the DLC's. At least since a week prior to release the store page also clearly states the contents of Steams Augmented Edition and the DLCs are not in the list. This is why I did only preorder the standart version. If you pre ordered Aigmented on Steam before the content was clearly visible on the store page you should contact them to see if you can get a refund.

I hope the preorder DLCs or at least the extra Mission will become available at some point for standart edition buyers aswell. Otherwise I'll just obtain it via the alternate channels the internet kindly offers. I'm pretty sure it will be available there in the course of the next week.

Frraksurred
31st Aug 2011, 19:19
Edit: thanks for the help, although frraksurred you're information is slightly inccorect, I found the downloadable content under the tools option :)

Interesting. They must have changed it, or added the method. Good to know, thanks.

cjonesey
31st Aug 2011, 19:30
you're right, it currently offers various videos like the making of the game, but not the extra in game content. Although I am glad I have these to watch as I like various fan stuff :)

Yardwaste
31st Aug 2011, 20:14
I bought a hard copy augmented edition and I and am in the last section of the game and have not yet found of seen any of the weapons nor the tong mission. Nothing shows up for me on steam or in the box to activate them.

Any ideas as to why??

Nevermind--phoned EBGames and they 'forgot' to give me my card with the key to activate them. Back to the mall, thank goodness I still have my receipt. It will give me something to look foward to in my next play through.

Jason Parker
31st Aug 2011, 20:25
I bought a hard copy augmented edition and I and am in the last section of the game and have not yet found of seen any of the weapons nor the tong mission. Nothing shows up for me on steam or in the box to activate them.

Any ideas as to why??

Nevermind--phoned EBGames and they 'forgot' to give me my card with the key to activate them. Back to the mall, thank goodness I still have my receipt. It will give me something to look foward to in my next play through.

Interesting, so those codes are on extra cards outside of the box? Hmm I think I will pay ebay a visit hehe.

Yardwaste
31st Aug 2011, 21:16
Interesting, so those codes are on extra cards outside of the box? Hmm I think I will pay ebay a visit hehe.

Stop,don't go yet--t

I just got back from EBGAMES (Canada) and they only have Xbox codes.
Eidos,apparently, DID NOT send the codes to the stores when the game was shipped.(Yes they were an external card that was to given to those that preordered when they picked up the game)
They DO NOT have them yet and point their fingers squarely ar EIDOS for not supplying
the codes for the pre-orders sent to EBGAMES. They have a call into their head office and I
am awaiting a reply. EIDOS messed up here big time! :( :mad2::mad2::mad2:

P.S. calling EB/Gamestop Canada offices as well, but am in on hold purgatory at the mo

Just got off the phone. They asked for my receipt # and e-mail---a code will be sent. Will update when I get it (up to 48hr turnaround==sheesh)