PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Questions

Blackbird SR-71C
31st Aug 2011, 18:13
Pacifist - Does the intro/tutorial count? I killed the sodliers there but I'm 100% sure that I didn't kill anyone else.

Foxiest of the Hounds - What exactly is the requirement for this? I made completely sure that I didn't trigger any alarm but I didn't get it. The reason I'm so sure is because whenever I accidentaly set of an alarm I was killed because I didn't have weapons to fight back. Always got Ghost and Smooth Operator as well.

Doctorate - What exactly is a XP book? I know that I got XP for reading E-books before but always asumed that was triggered after reading a certain amount of books.

Tale
31st Aug 2011, 18:19
Yes, the tutorial counts.

Don't trigger an alarm. I don't know what else to tell you. I got it, but I didn't trigger any alarms.

They're the e-books. Every unique e-book.

Blackbird SR-71C
31st Aug 2011, 18:23
Yes, the tutorial counts.

Don't trigger an alarm. I don't know what else to tell you. I got it, but I didn't trigger any alarms.

They're the e-books. Every unique e-book.

Ok, that means I killed people AND triggered an alarm in the tutorial. Crap. I know I'm not gonna go through the entire game again the same way just to get two achievements.

AnotherGuy
31st Aug 2011, 18:24
@ tale
Do you mean the kind of alarms that the guards set off manually or the ones when you are roaming around in general areas and right above your radar it shows that the enemies are alarmed?

Dresden
31st Aug 2011, 19:19
@ tale
Do you mean the kind of alarms that the guards set off manually or the ones when you are roaming around in general areas and right above your radar it shows that the enemies are alarmed?

It means alarms the guards themselves trigger. The ones on the walls. You also have to avoid cameras going red. So while the Sarif Plant has no alarms, you can kill everyone, just don't let the cameras see you. Don't fail hacks when computers are wired to alarms either. If they aren't, you're okay. Scripted alarms, like in the opening sequence before you're augmented don't matter.

Yes, it's confusing.

Asmeroth
31st Aug 2011, 19:32
Does the Alarm System include Bots too? Im 100% sure that i didnt set off any Alarms and didnt get seen by any Cameras through the Game just at the Last Boss i was spotted by some of the Bots and i remember beeing spotted by a Turret in the Sarif Plant for a second.....but i didnt get it...also wish i had known that the Tutorial counts towards kills ><

Tale
31st Aug 2011, 20:45
Bots, turrets, and cameras all activate alarms.

I don't know if that's a all-the-time rule, or if it's just limited to areas where there is an alarm system to be activated.

Asmeroth
1st Sep 2011, 05:17
A statistics screen would help so you can always see if you killed someone or activated an alarm^^