PDA

View Full Version : How can you get Diamond back weapon?

Totalchicken
31st Aug 2011, 14:16
Hey guys just wondering where you can get this weapon? as it seems needed as i watched ''hwo to save malik'' and well i dont like when a good character dies but i heard you can save her but then you need this diamond weapon and combine it with Frag rounds

Any tips to how to get that weapon and the frag rounds?

Oh and i am a bit new so it would be great if you can recommend some weapons that is a just to hae if there is one
Thanks

Kaylord
31st Aug 2011, 14:22
DonĀ“t bother. You need the pistol modded with laser scope and armor piercing mod and a good aim for headshots and one EMP grenade for the robot. Presto.

WarBaby2
31st Aug 2011, 14:37
Oh and i am a bit new so it would be great if you can recommend some weapons that is a just to hae if there is one
Thanks

Fresh out of the package... ;-)

I found my first Diamond back in the last Detroit mission (long before "saving Malik"). The Frag round upgrade you can buy in Hengsha.

Totalchicken
31st Aug 2011, 14:53
Lets see well i got laser scope which i have saved up.. i can try to upgrade my armour... And well i am pretty good doing headshots with pistols like the 10mm one which nearly evryone uses... I am currently in the first time in hanghai if its called so

Totalchicken
31st Aug 2011, 14:54
Oh and i got one emp grenade

Ashpolt
31st Aug 2011, 15:18
Spoiler alerts for this post, but nothing that's not already spoiled by the original post:

The Diamondback revolver can be found in numerous places throughout the game - the earliest I recall is the FEMA facility (just after you leave Detroit) but it may be possible to get it before then. I know a few of the vendors sell it.

If a video has told you that you need it to save Malik though, they're wrong. You don't need any weapon to do anything in this game. I managed to save Malik using purely the stun gun, tranquiliser rifle and one EMP grenade (which, incidentally, was a lot of fun.) As with the rest of the game, do it how you want. There's no single way to do it.

Totalchicken
31st Aug 2011, 15:22
Thanks and yeah i know there is amny other ways but i liked how a such a revolver can Do so much damage if you combine frag rounds... Well i realy hope i will find it ... I tried to search on youtube ''Deus Ex Human Revolution Diamond back'' But got nothing

Daedatheus
31st Aug 2011, 15:24
It's simply called the revolver in the pop-ups when you pick it up, and the ammo is respectively called revolver ammo and comes in those little cylinders.

KobaltKnight
31st Aug 2011, 16:40
If you choose lethal+short range, you can actually get a revolver in the first mission. You actually start finding them rather frequently though, to the point that they completely replace the standard pistol in some areas.

As for the explosive rounds, every weapon has a "unique" upgrade (quotes because a few of them use the same final upgrade) and that happens to be the unique upgrade for the revolver.

And for weapon to have, everybody should keep around a pistol with at least all 3 of the 1-time upgrades (silencer, laser targeting, and armor piercing). You can actually get these all easily as you find several laser targeting mods scattered around, you can buy the silencer at the first shop, and you can find the armor piercing upgrade in Adam's appartmentThis is a great weapon to have even if you are going for pacifist because it can be used to silently destroy boxes in your way and it is quite handy against bosses.

Ashpolt
31st Aug 2011, 17:01
And for weapon to have, everybody should keep around a pistol with at least all 3 of the 1-time upgrades (silencer, laser targeting, and armor piercing). You can actually get these all easily as you find several laser targeting mods scattered around, you can buy the silencer at the first shop, and you can find the armor piercing upgrade in Adam's appartmentThis is a great weapon to have even if you are going for pacifist because it can be used to silently destroy boxes in your way and it is quite handy against bosses.

I'm playing non-lethal, but I keep a silenced pistol on-hand at all times. Why? Because I can fire it into a wall / box / other canister, and it'll draw guards towards that point for an ambush (whereas if I didn't have a silencer attached, it'd draw them towards me instead!)