PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cut Scenes

Wedgybaby
31st Aug 2011, 14:15
I seem to be one of the only people who has picked up on this issue.

It is probably the result of me being too keen and looking forward to a game coming out - but the really good looking scenes from the trailers were totally missing from the final version.

I kept waiting for things to happen (Barrett to smash you into a concrete block and say 'im sending you to hell', or the invisible girl to be shooting at people during the riots) and they never did. Even the final location was never properly shown during a CG scene in the final cut, the only reason i know how epic that station is meant to be is because i watched the teaser trailers!!

Im playing on the xbox 360, so i know there is little chance of getting them into the game again, but would love to know if other people have been disappointed by this aspect too...???

Daeda
31st Aug 2011, 14:38
None of those parts appear in the game. Its not a bug :)

It is safe to say however, that some parts, such as the riot shooting, actually happen outside of Adams vision. The send you to hell part was changed probably because they changed the boss location.

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 14:41
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120845

I became aware of this right when I started the game and became aaugmented. I noticed the part in his apartment with him sitting in bandages, was not present.

snowman2009
31st Aug 2011, 15:23
I think in some posts developers mentioned that the game had a lot of content cut from it. Developers stated that otherwise the game would be 60 hours long (that would cause problems as people would forget parts of the game by the end). However if parts in trailers were meant to appear in game I think Barrett was not suppose to die at FEMA facility (blow himself up and vanishing body), instead he was suppose to comeback in port level, Adams story was suppose to be more personal (hence the comeback boss and such).

Crise
31st Aug 2011, 15:40
oh I would not have objected for 60 hours long game at all... a game like this can't be too long if the content doesn't degrade along the way but stays the same quality.

Daedatheus
31st Aug 2011, 15:46
Guys, you did realize at the time of that trailer, that the trailer itself was made by Square Enix and NOT Eidos Montreal, and for the sole purpose of marketing the game? It was made for E3...

JCpies
31st Aug 2011, 15:46
I think they were made specifically for the trailers...

snowman2009
31st Aug 2011, 15:48
From the HARDCORE fanbase i couldn't agree more id play 80 hour game if it was DX. But you have to understand that game was meant to introduce new players to it too.
And even I had trouble following story in the beginning and end parts (basically how Adam by chance stumbled upon fact that Megan was kidnapped and not killed). All i have to say is I hope Adam is alive and we get another game in this timeline (even it it takes another 4 years).

snowman2009
31st Aug 2011, 16:00
From the HARDCORE fanbase i couldn't agree more id play 80 hour game if it was DX. But you have to understand that game was meant to introduce new players to it too.
And even I had trouble following story in the beginning and end parts (basically how Adam by chance stumbled upon fact that Megan was kidnapped and not killed). All i have to say is I hope Adam is alive and we get another game in this timeline (even it it takes another 4 years).

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 16:07
They really said that the game being 60+ hours would not have worked? How about they release all the cut content in DLC and let us be the judge of that.

Daedatheus
31st Aug 2011, 16:11
They really said that the game being 60+ hours would not have worked? How about they release all the cut content in DLC and let us be the judge of that.

The upcoming Hengsha to Singapore DLC might actually have been content that was originally in the game. All they had to do to cut it was have Adam unconscious for the whole thing, and have a new line with Pritchard stating he's been out for days.

Jason Parker
31st Aug 2011, 16:13
oh I would not have objected for 60 hours long game at all... a game like this can't be too long if the content doesn't degrade along the way but stays the same quality.

Full ACK.

As what nowadays get's called a coregamer I totally love it if a game (Especialy RPGs and RPGish games where story and an immersive gameworld are the relevant parts) keeps me playing for weeks instead of days. The TES Games are superb at it. I've spent over 300 Hours so far in Oblivion (220 on a single character) and still can remember most of the quests and the relevant story parts. So the story being too long is a very weak argument for cutting out content.

The truth pretty obviously and more logically is that after so many years in the making the publisher started to put pressure on the team. And the team wisely decided to cut things out that couldn't get the needed bugfixing and finishing touches in time to be able to deliver an enjoyable experience. Maybe it is even worse and that stuff had to be cut out because the Publisher's hoping to make big money by releasing a directors cut in a year or so. Of course NDA's and marketing strategies forbid to play with open cards regarding such things. (On a sidenote: Even if I consider it foul play to first rush out a cut version and then release the complete game afterwards I'd love to get a director's cut version including all the cut out scenes and would happily pay for it).

This may sound unfair especialy if I'm wrong but people like me being suspicious about anything thats done to rush out games is the fault of the publishing side of the gaming industry for what they did and how they developed during the last 15 years.

Imho it's a pitty that not more developers become able to follow in Valve's footsteps and make themselves somewhat more independent from a Publisher (I know they still use EA for the Boxed Versions of their games and some of the marketing stuff but as far as I know EA makes no decisions whatsoever what games Valve produces and when they have to deliver them. If that still was the case I doubt we had ever seen a Portal 2).

Tale
31st Aug 2011, 16:15
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverTrustATrailer

This isn't a new phenomenon. Where were the Darkspawn in the Sacred Ashes quest for DAO? They have another studio make a trailer to advertise the game, based loosely on content of the game. They don't make the trailer to actually be the game. Otherwise they'd use in-game footage.

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 16:20
The upcoming Hengsha to Singapore DLC might actually have been content that was originally in the game. All they had to do to cut it was have Adam unconscious for the whole thing, and have a new line with Pritchard stating he's been out for days.

I wonder how that is going to work? I am about to start my 2nd play through, and will it just kick in when it supposed to, like the Tracer Tong mission? On a side note he was a little punk, lol.

Wedgybaby
1st Sep 2011, 12:55
I just hope they add more DLC to make me less angry about the cuts!! would defo replay if i got more content!

Ashpolt
1st Sep 2011, 13:11
I just hope they add more DLC to make me less angry about the cuts!! would defo replay if i got more content!

"I hope they let me pay more to make me less angry about the cuts!"

The modern games industry, ladies and gentlemen.

JCpies
1st Sep 2011, 13:42
"I hope they let me pay more to make me less angry about the cuts!"

The modern games industry, ladies and gentlemen.

:thumb: