PDA

View Full Version : Non-lethal, ghosting, Give me Deus Ex finished...

depresso
31st Aug 2011, 11:57
Well it only took me 47 hours to finish it but it was worth it...
Got to the cutscene at the end, saw all my lovely trophies unlock... but one... Pacifist...
So I had a think back as to where 'they' may be been done...
OH THATS RIGHT, I ACCIDENTLY SHOT ONE OF THE MINDLESS GUYS IN THE FACE...

Reloaded save, didnt shoot him in the face, bish bash bosh, big smile on my face, the end + trophy.

Cool story bro.

AlexOfSpades
31st Aug 2011, 12:30
Nice job.

I guess.

But what do you do with the trophies?

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 12:36
Nice job.

I guess.

What do you do with them? Nothing.. He has them. That's it. They're there to show that he has completed the game in a skilful manner. To mark his achievement, and allow others to see it after the fact. Since when do things need to have monetary value to be worth having?

Anyway nice job Depresso. I managed to get all of them but the pacifist one :( I was trying for it, but for some reason one of the guys I shot with the stun gun died lol.

L0neWolf
31st Aug 2011, 13:10
:/

WarBaby2
31st Aug 2011, 13:17
Nice job.

I guess.

You are obviously a gamer from a pre achieeeefment era, like me...
never got hooked on those useless, totally virtual "trophies" either. ;-)

But hey, you gotta hend it to microtrash, they added to the longlifity of games with this "reward" mambi yambo.^^

depresso
31st Aug 2011, 15:46
What do you do with them? Nothing.. He has them. That's it. They're there to show that he has completed the game in a skilful manner. To mark his achievement, and allow others to see it after the fact. Since when do things need to have monetary value to be worth having?

I just like having a 'goal' I can work towards, even without them I would always try to be the most sneaky/stealthy in DE1 so I thought I'd follow suit.

Anyway nice job Depresso. I managed to get all of them but the pacifist one :( I was trying for it, but for some reason one of the guys I shot with the stun gun died lol.

And thanks, turned out that on the save i made before entering the last room, I went back and checked the bodies of the 'incapacitated crazy ppl', i had actually killed 2... weirdly as one had 3 tranquiliser darts in his neck >.>

hazard001
31st Aug 2011, 15:50
Congratulations!

I hope there's some kind of trophy for murdering every single last possible npc to cover the opposite end of the spectrum or something.

ZakKa89
31st Aug 2011, 16:02
I always put my steam achievements on my curriculum vitae (job application)

Cerebelum
31st Aug 2011, 16:06
I agree with hazard....i get a bit miffed if i leave a building or area with one enemy still drawing breath hehe. Its harder than it sounds with limited ammo on the better weapons (revolver and its explosive ammo) and smg ;P

ufo8mycat
1st Sep 2011, 02:59
I think for my Pacifest run I am goign to go COMPLETELY stealth. No tranqs or non-lethal takedowns. Just in case.

ngen
1st Sep 2011, 06:07
Ill never go pacifist! Some people deserves to be shot in the face.

a2moosh
1st Sep 2011, 10:01
Ill never go pacifist! Some people deserves to be shot in the face.

Haha, unfortunately theres no one so far who really behaved like an *******..but i'll replay the game and than i'll behave like that! ;-)

Gz, to your trophies! I didn't manage to get a ghost archievement so far as theres always someone dieing or I press Q tooqq long :-(