PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning Megan Reed and her relationship with some characters (SPOILERS)

Draco856
31st Aug 2011, 07:38
Okay, so I've been wondering since I reached the point where I find Megan what her relationship with Jeron Namir is? In the cut-scenes Namir say's Adam's "lost her" and that "men like us never get to keep the things we love", then when entering the room Megan's in she's expecting Namir to just walk in, not to mention the room she's in is also her Bedroom, so I wondering what the heck happened in those 6 months she was being held. Did she join Namir and get friendly with him? Is this the sacrifice she made to allow her team to communicate through e-mails? What's the deal? Are we going to get any closure regarding Megan and Adam's relationship at all? The cut-scene left me with more questions then answers.

simonpm
31st Aug 2011, 10:55
Namir doesn't say "Men like us never get to keep the things we love". He says "Men like us never get back the things we love". I believe he's referring to his sister who was killed years previously.

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 11:06
He still raises an interesting point. What was it she said? "Jeron is that you?" right? I can't remember 100%. But if that was what she said then she was on a first name basis with him. Which means that they had been talking in a more casual capacity than a work related one. It was kinda odd considering that as far as she knew he was responsible for the death of her ex-boyfriend who she obviously still respected and cared for.

Oh and it's probably worth mentioning that Namir doesn't have the required parts to get "friendly" with anyone lol. That was actually him completely naked during the boss fight if I'm not mistaken.

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 13:33
The real question is what in the hell was she doing in 'Bob's' office? It seems she was not who she appeared to be if she ended up siding with the enemy. So I am led to believe it is her work that develops Paul and from there, JC.

Quillan
31st Aug 2011, 13:58
I'm pretty sure that no matter what ending you choose, Sarif Industries doesn't continue in business, at least in the same fashion. Megan is still top-of-the-field in augmentation and nanomolecular science, and she'll need a job. Versatech and/or Page Industries is looking for that. Why does she end up there? That's a job interview. And it sounds to me like she works on the foundation of the work that Page steals after he splinters off from the Illuminati to form MJ12 and develops into the Gray Death.

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 14:07
I'm pretty sure that no matter what ending you choose, Sarif Industries doesn't continue in business, at least in the same fashion. Megan is still top-of-the-field in augmentation and nanomolecular science, and she'll need a job. Versatech and/or Page Industries is looking for that. Why does she end up there? That's a job interview. And it sounds to me like she works on the foundation of the work that Page steals after he splinters off from the Illuminati to form MJ12 and develops into the Gray Death.

I'm smelling what you're cooking, but look at Page's screen at the beginning of the game. I wasn't able to count how many faceless avatars he had on his screen in that chat but the number may have been close to 11.......

deusexhr
31st Aug 2011, 14:57
Oh and it's probably worth mentioning that Namir doesn't have the required parts to get "friendly" with anyone lol. That was actually him completely naked during the boss fight if I'm not mistaken.

You must be a bad boyfriend. Licky licky;)

Itkovian
31st Aug 2011, 15:27
Here are my thoughts on the topic:

- Megan is obviously not the sweet angel Jensen might have thought she was. She is quite ready to rationalize her decisions when it comes to furthering her research. From using your DNA to working with her kidnappers, she justifies rather questionable actions. It is entirely within her character for her to eventually work directly with the Illuminati. And I like this: Jensen doesn't find his lost love, he actually finds out he was too good for her. :)

- She was on a first name basis with Namir. Whether or not this went as far as intimacy we probably will never find out. But it's clear she has grown comfortable with her new life working for the people who killed her ex.

- In short, I think Adam and Megan are done, and I think the cutscene where they meet is a good example of this. The only time Adam removes his "shades" is when he finds her, this is not a random thing, it has meaning. It shows he is ready to open up to her emotionally, a desire to remove any "filters" between them and be closer to her. But then she reveals her duplicity and willingness to work with her kidnappers, and it doesn't take long before Jensen puts on his "shades" again. That has meaning as well, and is just about a death-knell for any relationships. Jensen feels betrayed, and cuts himself off from her.

- As for what happens to Sarif, as mentioned in a previous post, I don't think SI is doomed. The Sarif ending probably results in keeping SI afloat, though I have no doubt it will undergo significant downsizing to compensate for the crash of the augmentation market... but considering that TYM is his main competitor, and that TYM is probably doomed no matter what ending you chose (it's THEIR chip that had everyone go nuts, after all, they will be swimming in litigation, and nobody will stick with TYM augments in the future), Sarif Industries has a chance of making it if you choose Sarif's Ending.

Finally, a question: just WHERE do we find out about Namir's sister? Or his family in general? Is it in game?

Thank you.

Itkovian

snowman2009
31st Aug 2011, 15:41
in DX: HR Bob is not THE enemy, and as far as Megan knows hes just another visionary as David Sarif with facilities and resources to support her research. Shes a scientist and she wants to continue her research and work on new projects (were talking about a naonide virus thats big deal back then).

snowman2009
31st Aug 2011, 15:44
Its in the book, not in game

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 15:58
Bob was still pulling the strings from the shadows. So in essence he still was an enemy as opposed to being the enemy, being the master manipulator, can still make you an enemy. Remember in the trailer when Sariff was talking to Adam about proxies and operating in the shadows? The last Boss was even talking about being accepted into the council, could have been MJ12, could have been the Illuminati. Needless to say it's good knowing that Page gets/got what was coming to him. I like how you can see what can only be Paul or JC, depending on how far they flashed forward, in the test tube baby stages....... then you are left with the original score and of course wanting more......

Quillan
31st Aug 2011, 20:55
I'm smelling what you're cooking, but look at Page's screen at the beginning of the game. I wasn't able to count how many faceless avatars he had on his screen in that chat but the number may have been close to 11.......

That thought occurred to me too, but I think that might be the actual Illuminati council he was talking too there (might have been MJ12 predecessors in the text chat). I'm basing that on the content of the conversation. One talks about how the satellites are ready when they're needed, and after a couple of weeks everyone will be ready for their recall. That has to be talking about the chip recall, which is already in the planning stages, they just haven't been able to perfect the design yet.

I remember a conversation with Morgan Everett in DX, talking about the Gray Death. He said the Illuminati did the original work on the virus for the purpose of augmentation, and Page stole it when to formed MJ12 and later adapted it into the plague form. That really sounds to me like the precursor, and it doesn't appear Page has split with the Illuminati just yet. I do agree he's already planning for it.