PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Human Revolution - Direct X Change

espaionag07
31st Aug 2011, 04:38
Hi all

Im currently having issues trying to change this game from direct x 11 to direct x 9 or 10, i can support direct x 11 just my graphics card struggles for performance. Ive been running around on the web and know that you can use direct x 9 or 10. But the issue is that it wont let you change it in game. Instead Direct x11 is marked in red in the settings and cant be changed. Please help

Tommando
31st Aug 2011, 06:59
If the Direct X 11 option is red that means it's off by default. What video card do you have? If it doesn't support DX11 then the game would automatically run in DX9 and you wouldn't have the option to change it.

espaionag07
31st Aug 2011, 08:30
Im using geforce nvdia gt 330m, i put the settings down and played the game at 1920x1080 res since im using a 40 inch tv and it worked its goes from 25fps to 50fps depends on what happening in game. Im using direct x11 even tough my card is meant for direct x10. As you know i cant change it.

jaywalker2309
31st Aug 2011, 09:36
Im using geforce nvdia gt 330m, i put the settings down and played the game at 1920x1080 res since im using a 40 inch tv and it worked its goes from 25fps to 50fps depends on what happening in game. Im using direct x11 even tough my card is meant for direct x10. As you know i cant change it.

Your card isnt DX11 am afraid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_300_Series its dx10.1 - Game will be running in DX9 mode for you.
Mobile chipsets are never going to be able to match desktop equivalents am afraid, they have nowhere near as much power as their card based brothers, simply due to power consumption and heat they have to be slowed down.

espaionag07
31st Aug 2011, 10:21
Then why cant i disable Direct x11 it says its running on direct 11 even my nvidia system panel says direct x11 runtime version im confused

jaywalker2309
31st Aug 2011, 10:26
You system is running DX11 as its Windows 7 or vista.. This just means the software side is running DX11 but your hardware is not.. you cannot change it as you cannot `change` it.. its off i can assure you :)

espaionag07
31st Aug 2011, 11:00
One more question would it better if i upgraded my Imac and bootcamp windows on it or build my own pc with a $1200 budget

jaywalker2309
31st Aug 2011, 11:10
One more question would it better if i upgraded my Imac and bootcamp windows on it or build my own pc with a $1200 budget

i've never tried the game on a mac running emulation software, but i'd hazard more on the side of caution with assuming that will work fine.

dennis10
17th Nov 2011, 21:39
I'm sorry for hijacking, but I have a directx11 issue, and I've waited 3 days for a response in the thread I started and nothing.

I originally installed DEHR when I was using my onboard integrated graphics (HD 3300) in tandem with my (at the time) HD 4670, only so I could have 3 monitors enabled (the game ran off of a monitor connected to my HD 4670).

I've since upgraded to an HIS ICEQ Turbo HD 6870 and am running eyefinity (which looks amazing), but I cannot run the game in DX11. It is greyed out in the Setup config and in red in the ingame menu. The really strange thing is that the setup is detecting my main (and only according to the setup) display adapter as my onboard integrated graphics, the HD 3300. This is disabled in the bios, so I don't understand how it is seeing it. It doesnt even give the option to select the HD 6870 from the drop down menu, it just doesnt see it.

I've since uninstalled and reinstalled the game, to see if this would fix it (my thoughts were maybe it was because it was enabled on initial installation). It hasn't changed anything, still detecting my HD 3300.

What can I do to fix this?! Is there a way I can get it to drop the settings it seems to have saved and enable DX11? It's pretty stupid that my DX11 card is forced to run in DX9 mode, so really want to fix this.