PDA

View Full Version : What the **** happened to General O'neill?

Rindill the Red
31st Aug 2011, 04:09
So General O'neill shows up in the intro. He's a really cool and well designed character.

He never appears in the game again.

WTH?

NKD
31st Aug 2011, 04:13
Really cool and well-designed? He had like two lines of dialogue.

Rindill the Red
31st Aug 2011, 04:19

I'm talking about his high-quality (visual) character design and voice-acting talent. I wish he would have been used more later in the game. Sarif mentions hints that General O'neill may have been instrumental in finding Sevchenko's arm... but other than that...

You can tell which characters in the game are main and which are side by their designs. The more important characters are more uniquely detailed and stylized. That's why as soon as I met Megan's team of researchers I knew they would be showing up again later.

go1dfish
31st Aug 2011, 04:25

In a game full of reused character models (just like the first one) he stood out as uniquely detailed (most npc don't even get names, and very few VIPs get their own texture.

He seems like an example cut content to me.

Ultai
31st Aug 2011, 11:53
They had to cut alot of content I hear to meet deadline. He might have been some of it.

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 12:52
I'm talking about his high-quality (visual) character design and voice-acting talent. I wish he would have been used more later in the game. Sarif mentions hints that General O'neill may have been instrumental in finding Sevchenko's arm... but other than that...On the voice acting talent.. Is that Dennis Haysbert that's voicing him (starred in 24, and voiced Lambert in the Splinter Cell game series)? It sounded a lot like him. I can't believe that they would use him to voice a couple of unimportant NPCs..

Reven
31st Aug 2011, 12:55
Yes thats Dennis Haysbert, who also voices Greg Thorpe.

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 13:00
Yes thats Dennis Haysbert, who also voices Greg Thorpe.Wow. Just wow. Someone at Eidoes Montreal needs a slap for that one.

L0neWolf
31st Aug 2011, 13:08
hookers are cool and well designed too

HellKittyDan
31st Aug 2011, 16:17
Is that Dennis Haysbert that's voicing him (starred in 24, and voiced Lambert in the Splinter Cell game series)?

No. Dennis Haysbert only did the voice of Lambert in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, in all the other games it's Don Jordan, just as it is in DX:HR.

Reven
31st Aug 2011, 16:36
Yup i stand corrected it is Don Jordan. But Haysbert should copywrite that voice of his and get royaltys for it since i can't really tell the differance.

Thasc
31st Aug 2011, 17:23
He was in the labs when the attack occurred. Having a conversation with Vasili, last we saw him. There's a good chance he was killed.