PDA

View Full Version : Why's everyone complaining that the handgun is overpowered?

Themundane
31st Aug 2011, 01:33
I see alot of people complainig that an upgraded handgun is overpowered.
Yes, it's extremely good. But you _RARELY_ find any ammo for it if you play on the hardest setting.
I almost never had more than 10 bullets for it, and i tried to use most other weapons, takedowns and sneak past my enemies.

So, if you think the handgun is OP, stop playing on easy!

KingLeonShepard
31st Aug 2011, 01:52
Never had more than 10 bullets for it.... Were you even looking for ammo? I always had plenty of ammo having checked all the lockers I came across, bodies, and having bought some from the weapon dealers. Yes, even on the hardest difficulty. And I never found it to be over powered when I used it.

Shotgun and pistol ammo is in abundace. It was ammo for the stun gun I had trouble finding later on in the game

thedfo
31st Aug 2011, 02:01
Are we talking Revolver or 10mm? Because I could see never having more than 10 rounds if you kept using the revolver. The 10mm....not so much. I used it almost exclusively and I didn't start running out until the end when the bad guys only dropped ammo for the rifles.

And the 10mm is only overpowered in that it is completely silent, and you can 1 hit head shot almost anything with the armor upgrade (occasionally you'll find someone who...somehow...can take two hits to the head.

Quillan
31st Aug 2011, 04:05
I'm on my hard playthrough right now, I have 172 rounds of 10 mm (22 in the magazine and 150 in inventory) and I leave ammo behind that I find. I am, however, playing stealthy, so I haven't shot much. I've also got 99 rounds of .357 for the revolver and 41 stun darts, plus 5 each frag and EMP grenades and a gas grenade. This is in Hengsha, right before taking the TYM shuttle.

Cerulean Shaman
31st Aug 2011, 04:06
It was my main weapon and I ended the game with like 60 rounds on a combat only run...? Aye, some times were thin in general, but I never had a problem with pistol ammo overall.

Arksun
31st Aug 2011, 04:14
The revolver with explosive rounds is nice to have, but it still takes 2-3 shots to take down the harder augmented guys towards the end of the game even at normal difficulty level.

Now the grenade launcher... now THATS a bad-ass weapon :)

Doom972
31st Aug 2011, 10:35
It's not overpowered, it's just as useful as the 10mm/stealth pistol from the first DX and the pistol from DX2.
It can kill enemies without headgear in one headshot, as it should be.

Aguacater
31st Aug 2011, 11:31
I have killed the 3rd boss today throwing a mine and shooting 3 explosive rounds at him with the revolver, so the fight lasted 30 seconds, it felt very overpowered and cheap. I may not upgrade it that much on my second playthrough.

Arksun
31st Aug 2011, 11:40
I have killed the 3rd boss today throwing a mine and shooting 3 explosive rounds at him with the revolver, so the fight lasted 30 seconds, it felt very overpowered and cheap. I may not upgrade it that much on my second playthrough.

A man dying from 3 smaller explosions and 1 larger explosion that would easily be enough fire power to take out a huge robot seems overpowered?. I think not.

Perhaps he should have moved about more like the 2nd boss fight to make it more interesting, but then you could argue its his arrogance of having such extreme augmented and plasma firepower that he could just stand his ground and gun you down.

Kaylord
31st Aug 2011, 12:39
Pistol or Revolver may be overpowered if you see it in relation to a sniper rifle. The latter has real problems hitting distance targets, even with laser scope. With a handgun, no problem whatsoever. So basically, dragging those huge rifles along is unnecessary. The only big guns worth their while in comparison to a simple handgun are PEPS, Laser and Plasma. But, so what, I like playing Cowboy&Augs

Sodel
31st Aug 2011, 12:56
Actually one of the main issues of the pistole is that there seems to be way too much ammo. I just finished the first boss, my pistol is pretty much my main weapon besides the tranq darts. And atm as far as i remember i am at about 100 ammo (and i dont use takedowns) and i may even cleared huge areas completely with my pistol after doing a mission there so i really use a lot of bullets actually ...

Also it one-shots every single enemy except some rare exceptions and its more accurate than the sniper on long range.

I dont see any way how one could run low on pistol ammo in this game.

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 12:58
A man dying from 3 smaller explosions and 1 larger explosion that would easily be enough fire power to take out a huge robot seems overpowered?. I think not.

Perhaps he should have moved about more like the 2nd boss fight to make it more interesting, but then you could argue its his arrogance of having such extreme augmented and plasma firepower that he could just stand his ground and gun you down.He's talking about from a gameplay perspective though. It doesn't make for much of a boss fight. If we're going to argue realism then the 10mm pistol should be able to kill all of the bosses with one headshot, since it does that to every other non-helmeted enemy. But again, that would suck lol.

I suppose in a game like this where you have so much weapon choice it's kinda hard to balance these things out perfectly. But some of the weapons are pretty overpowered when it comes to the bosses. Based on what Namir could do, he probably should have been the hardest of the three mercs. But due to the fact that you're likely to be carrying a semi-automatic grenade launcher at that point he dies in under two seconds lol.