PDA

View Full Version : Steam - Crashed, Lost Most Recent Saves

mrconcept
31st Aug 2011, 01:02
Hi,

Sorry if this is obvious but this is my first game on steam. My latest save files arent recognised when loading in DEHR even though they "seem" to be in my Steam Userdata folder"

I was about 40 hours in starting what i think was the last mission (at the point where it tells you "do you want to continue as you can't go back?") So i saved the game just before that door.

I promtly died and whilst reloading the game file i just made (the fourth - of 4 slots i have used) the game crashed. (Its done this quite alot btw)

I killed the game using Ctrl-Alt-Del and restarted Steam, to which i got an error saying something along the lines of "steam cloud unable to sync, files on local drive dont match those on steam- do you wish to upload the extra content or download from steam? "

Not having a clue i just clicked on download from Steam.....

Now when i start the game i only have the option to load game files from 7 hours earlier named "1,2 and 3", however my actual latest game files from todays session "1,2,3 and 4" aren't recognised.

I read some forums and ended up looking in my Steam Userdata folder and whilst not certain i am sure the latest saves are stil there.

In - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\87418682\28050\remote"

I still have the following files -

"
gamea1
gamea2
gamer1
gamer2
gamer3
gamer4
saveindex
user"

Gamer4 looks to be the latest save file i need but can anyone tell me :

HOW TO RELOAD IT?!

WHY IS STEAM ALL OF A SUDDEN NOT FINDING IT?

Is there a way of manually pointing Steam to these files?

Did the 4th Save file get corrupted or something (because i killed process whilst loading it)?

AND WHY DO I HAVE TO RELY ON THIS STEAM C"""P ANYWAY, WHAT HAPPENED TO BUYING A GAME AND BEING IN CONTROL OF YOUR PURCHASE!!

Really Annoying dont want to have to go back 7 hours :(

Please help.

Thnx,
Mrc

Win7,
AsusN538
8gb Ram