PDA

View Full Version : new biochip question *spoilers*

loudent
30th Aug 2011, 22:05
I'm wondering about the biochip recall. My first instinct is, knowing the connections, there is no way I'd let them anywhere near putting a new chip in me, however it my journal it's just listed as a secondary objective so I'm wondering if I'm just reading too much into it. Any guidance?

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 22:09
I did it, mostly because I assumed I would get those annoying interruptions if I didnĀ“t do it.

Dr_Bob
30th Aug 2011, 22:15
I didn't because the fact that TYM instantly began mass production of these new chips aroused some suspicion.

Fox89
30th Aug 2011, 22:16
I'll answer your question with a question: Do you really want that question answered? Making decisions is key to the game experience, even if you are reading too much into it, isn't it nice not to know that? I recommend making a decision without anyone else's input.

For the record: I did it because of the fear of the sinister glitches causing pain. If it got worse I didn't want it to hamper me in an important moment.

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 22:21
I didn't because the fact that TYM instantly began mass production of these new chips aroused some suspicion.

but you change it in a L.I.M.B clinic, plus I got the impression it was basicly the same as you change a spark plug in a car to fix the engine problem caused by the one that broke.

loudent
30th Aug 2011, 22:26
I'll answer your question with a question: Do you really want that question answered?

Yes, I kinda do. Just to be clear the kinda of answer I'm looking for is whether or not it's just a relatively meaningless secondary objective or not.

If it's just a secondary objective with no meaning to one way or another I'll go ahead and get it. If the decision has meaning (regardless whether it's better getting it or not) then I'll stick with my original decision.

Panzersmith
30th Aug 2011, 22:37
Yes, I kinda do. Just to be clear the kinda of answer I'm looking for is whether or not it's just a relatively meaningless secondary objective or not.

If it's just a secondary objective with no meaning to one way or another I'll go ahead and get it. If the decision has meaning (regardless whether it's better getting it or not) then I'll stick with my original decision.

Then yes. It has meaning a little bit later in the game.

loudent
30th Aug 2011, 22:39
Then yes. It has meaning a little bit later in the game.

Great, thanks for the heads up.

captaincoke
30th Aug 2011, 22:41
If you really want to know that...
You are on the right money, the chip replacement is staged by "Them"
Full explaining
In the fight against Namir your augments and your HUD (no ammunition anf health display) are rendered useless due to the new chip

Redem
31st Aug 2011, 00:59
I heartly recommend not putting on the chip if only for the look on the girl face

thedfo
31st Aug 2011, 02:15
I'm going to agree with Redem. Plus, you get so much information (some of which you should not be privy too, such as the opening cinematic) that basically spells out how not on the level this is.

mayo20
31st Aug 2011, 23:21
My comment spoils what happens if you don't get the upgrade.

I didn't upgrade it the second time through. After the story point in Detroit where it is recommended that you upgrade, I don't remember ever having another glitch happen to me. And Redem is right, the look on the woman's face later on was priceless.