PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Side Mission: Shanghai Justice*SPOILER*

hazard001
30th Aug 2011, 21:24
Where you're going after Malik's friend's boyfriend. Only have one question, and I couldn't find anything conclusive in online walkthroughs:

Is there any way to continue the mission past the breaking into his apartment phase if you don't have the hacking augs to do it? Can I find him elsewhere and bypass this? Can I straight murder his ass to finish it? Any other options?

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 21:30
Where you're going after Malik's friend's boyfriend. Only have one question, and I couldn't find anything conclusive in online walkthroughs:

Is there any way to continue the mission past the breaking into his apartment phase if you don't have the hacking augs to do it? Can I find him elsewhere and bypass this? Can I straight murder his ass to finish it? Any other options?

I don´t know if it´s enough, but you should only need to find the bat and the clock from there, basicly when you interacted with everything you can interact with, you are sent to the Hive to confront him (plus the mission doesn´t include killing him)

hazard001
30th Aug 2011, 21:52
I don´t know if it´s enough, but you should only need to find the bat and the clock from there, basicly when you interacted with everything you can interact with, you are sent to the Hive to confront him (plus the mission doesn´t include killing him)

But my problem is I can't get in the apartment through hacking. I was hopeful for some other way in like a vent, or door within that building but I sadly have to go to work. But you do have to go into the apartment somehow in order to continue the mission you say?

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 21:57
But my problem is I can't get in the apartment through hacking. I was hopeful for some other way in like a vent, or door within that building but I sadly have to go to work. But you do have to go into the apartment somehow in order to continue the mission you say?

as far as I know you need to to find the final bits of proof inside there, so yeah you need to, so either there another way in, a computer/one of those personal pads with the door code, or you need to blow open the wooden door X3

hazard001
30th Aug 2011, 21:59
as far as I know you need to to find the final bits of proof inside there, so yeah you need to, so either there another way in, a computer/one of those personal pads with the door code, or you need to blow open the wooden door X3

I can blow open walls and move heaviest of stuff and walk through electricity just fine, just can't hack yet. Thanks, I'll keep looking around that area when I get back home.

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 22:14
I can blow open walls and move heaviest of stuff and walk through electricity just fine, just can't hack yet. Thanks, I'll keep looking around that area when I get back home.

tho I´m a bit bias playing as a hacker ninja, but trust me, hacking is soooo gonna be your friend once gun turrets and robots become more common place

hazard001
30th Aug 2011, 22:51
tho I´m a bit bias playing as a hacker ninja, but trust me, hacking is soooo gonna be your friend once gun turrets and robots become more common place

Ah I guess I'll have to break down and get it then. I was planning on going everything short of hacking/stealth. combat/social/etc. I just recently got around a turret thanks to my build (heavy lifting to a vent) without using hacking and thought it terribly clever. I guess I'll get that boned by my build soon.

Quillan
31st Aug 2011, 04:10
You don't NEED hacking in the game, seriously. Any portion of the main quests that require hacking either have the security set at 1 (so your base level can manage it) or have you able to find the login and password so you don't need to hack. In the case of this side quest, you can either hack the door to get in or break it down. You do need hacking capture 2 to access his computer, but that's the second piece of evidence and the quest progression moves on with the first one, which doesn't require hacking. It might make the conversation later a bit harder, is all.

Hacking is nice, though. At one point in the game I hacked a turret and carried it around with me for a while.

Romeo
31st Aug 2011, 07:36
You don't NEED hacking in the game, seriously. Any portion of the main quests that require hacking either have the security set at 1 (so your base level can manage it) or have you able to find the login and password so you don't need to hack. In the case of this side quest, you can either hack the door to get in or break it down. You do need hacking capture 2 to access his computer, but that's the second piece of evidence and the quest progression moves on with the first one, which doesn't require hacking. It might make the conversation later a bit harder, is all.

Hacking is nice, though. At one point in the game I hacked a turret and carried it around with me for a while.
Despite being a stealth build, I will admit to doing this once. And my lord, isn't it fun? Massive shield that spews bullets. :D

ranmafan
31st Aug 2011, 09:46
The problem comes when you try to hack the Hive's Media Security port - if you didn't get the DLC with the AUDs and you don't have hacking at level 3, you're boned. Unless there's a pocket secretary somewhere I missed? (Someone mentioned not having hacking and missing out on this final phase as a result of being unaugmented...)