PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Favorite "quest" from game...

Rindill the Red
30th Aug 2011, 17:55
ITT: Discuss your favorite "quest", part, or level from the game. (Whereas my other thread focuses more on visual and environmental design, this is about story and/or game-play.)

My favorite quest had to have been Talion A.D.

It felt the most like the original in terms of implementation.

There were no objective markers telling you where to go, and it involved actual (if simplistic) detective work.
It took place in the most cyber-punkish of DX:HR's environments (lower Heng Sha).
Zelazny's story was interesting, his character well developed, and the choice was poignant and morally multi-dimensional. It tied in well with the over-arching moral issues and the motives and actions of the main characters. It also had a somewhat real consequence on the game world. My only complaint was that it was too short.

L0neWolf
30th Aug 2011, 19:06
Hengsha quest, helping malik.
I like how she got her revenge:P

Fox89
30th Aug 2011, 19:11
I agree with Talion A.D. I love the fact that you had the option to do the "wrong" thing. It always annoyed me how, in Cloaks and Daggers for example, you could not go through with O'Malley's hit and collect payment from him. But in Talion A.D you could let him go and do his thing, and that was very satisfying for me.

remmus
30th Aug 2011, 19:36
the side quest you got from The Hive, the one getting money from a female broker, as simple as it is I got a laugh out of it, I talkt her to give the implant back but she refuses and littraly ssays I have to knock her out and take it...

so naturally I do a none lethal takedown, and of all the takedown animation it could pick, it choose the one where he taps the person on the shoulder and then gives them one heck of a punch, that was just so funny in my mind

"oh so I need to knock ya out to get it? Well HERE" *falcon punch!*

Fox89
30th Aug 2011, 20:45
the side quest you got from The Hive, the one getting money from a female broker, as simple as it is I got a laugh out of it, I talkt her to give the implant back but she refuses and littraly ssays I have to knock her out and take it...

so naturally I do a none lethal takedown, and of all the takedown animation it could pick, it choose the one where he taps the person on the shoulder and then gives them one heck of a punch, that was just so funny in my mind

"oh so I need to knock ya out to get it? Well HERE" *falcon punch!*

I've just done that and was quite annoyed. I just hit 'take all items' without paying attention, and then I wasn't able to just give the bartender the money. I was rather irritated.