PDA

View Full Version : Where are the CG cutscenes?

Fome
30th Aug 2011, 16:18
Remember this trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc3Bzkgkbzg

It featured some of the most amazing looking CG I've ever seen. But the final game doesn't retain any of these cutscenes. Instead, we got some low resolution cutscenes that were rendered using the in-game engine with some better shadow and lighting effects. Don't get me wrong; I love this game. But throughout my play I kept anticipating those amazing CG cutscenes, maybe after a boss fight or at some key point in the story. It was disconcerting to find that the only cutscene that was of the same level as the trailer was the opening surgery sequence. What happened to those amazing CG videos from the trailer?

jerryku7
31st Aug 2011, 02:51
I guess Square Enix did the CG trailer just as a way to build hype. Kinda sneaky!

I wish Square had done all the graphics for the game

flib
31st Aug 2011, 07:01
They had to compress them so that the whole game fits on one DVD so that XBox players don't have to get up and switch discs once during their entire playthrough.

Doom972
31st Aug 2011, 10:07
It's a common practice nowadays to make a CG trailer which shows what the game will be like, before there's enough of the game to show. You can see similar trailers for other games.
I think it's Square Enix that made this practice popular because since Final Fantasy VII, they used a CG trailer or parts of the game's CG cutscenes instead of showing the actual game.

Fome
31st Aug 2011, 12:58
They had to compress them so that the whole game fits on one DVD so that XBox players don't have to get up and switch discs once during their entire playthrough.

I don't know if you watched the trailer, but compression is the least of my complaints. Those CG cutscenes from the trailer are totally GONE. Like they decided to just cut them out of the game.

It's a common practice nowadays to make a CG trailer which shows what the game will be like, before there's enough of the game to show. You can see similar trailers for other games.
I think it's Square Enix that made this practice popular because since Final Fantasy VII, they used a CG trailer or parts of the game's CG cutscenes instead of showing the actual game.

The difference is that FFVII actually featured the CG cutscenes in the final game!

Enraged Penguin
31st Aug 2011, 13:10
I agree. They should have done all of the games cutscenes in that style. The ones that are currently in the game look absolutely hellish. They're actually worse than the ingame visuals, which is something I've honestly never seen before.

But to be fair that's probably my only complaint about this game. ****ty cutscene quality. Other than that it's pretty much perfect in my opinion. Best game I've played in a very, VERY long time.

Exia
31st Aug 2011, 13:17
Its a great point, when I first heard about the work from square coming into this game it got me hyped, but it does now appear purely to feast us with square's ever impressive visuals.

Square are also working on the tomb raider revamp visuals too, lets hope they do more than just cg scenes.

If you look at FF XIII, now that is a pretty game in cutscenes and in game, I was actually hoping deus ex would be a similar affair, but alas we are denied again!

WarBaby2
31st Aug 2011, 13:24
I don't know if you watched the trailer, but compression is the least of my complaints. Those CG cutscenes from the trailer are totally GONE. Like they decided to just cut them out of the game.

The CG trailers where done by a team of SE (don't remeber the name) und where only concept to show of to the investors/publisher... and us.^^ That's also the reason why megan looked like a FF girly in them...

Agent Denton
31st Aug 2011, 13:26
I was wondering the same thing!?!?!?!? The scene where Adam was recovering from surgery was very reminiscent of Blade Runner. I was disappointed that the trailer was mis leading. When Barret and Adam are fighting on the bridge and he says "I'll TAKE YOU TO HELL!!!!" It even sounds like the voice actor for him was different than in the trailer. The scene where the chick is shooting protestors in the street, but you fight her in the Picus news building!?!?!?

Oh and I watch this trailer at least once a day. It was magnificent.

Wedgybaby
31st Aug 2011, 13:54
I too was eagerly awaiting those cut scenes to trigger.

The content was totally removed! The trailers got me hyped and i was waiting for things to happen that never did. The final location is bearly even shown in the final version of the game but is an epic looking place.

These scenes being removed is bordering on false advertising.

mrhahn98
31st Aug 2011, 17:31
I work for a company that did those kind of CG trailer and i'm also disappointed that we didnt see more of those in the real game, but we cant blame square/eidos for that.

It was made by a different team at SE. And it require a tons of work just for a few seconds you see there. I think the Eidos team ordered this trailer for a long time ago and it was intended be the trailer to make hype for the game and that's it. That means everything u saw is simply everything, there's no extended scene, they didnt ask for a series of CG cut-scenes to be included for the game, they asked SE for JUST the trailer.

I wish they did more of those though, hell maybe even a full feature movies of Deus Ex with that quality!