PDA

View Full Version : Help: Rescuing megan and her team bug

Snootje
30th Aug 2011, 14:19
After i killed the boss and talked to megan she tells me (and te quest log) to take the elevator and open the hangar doors so the chopper can fly in.

When i press the button the hangar doors are opening but no chopper flies in and the objective marker stays on the button. The button colored from red to green and then im trapped. Even the elevator button can't be used anymore.

I checked the walkthrough on it and it says im doing it right. Also i checked a youtube movie, which shows the chopper has to come when the hangar doors are opening.

How can i solve this issue?

Ashpolt
30th Aug 2011, 16:04
Might want to put a bit more thought into how you name your threads. That's a pretty spoileriffic title there, given that we believe Megan to be dead for the first half of the game.

3rd Jan 2012, 05:21
Don't be a baby. I'm having the same problem, and it'd be nice to have a resolution instead of a snide remark.

Spyhopping
3rd Jan 2012, 08:17
Have you tried opening the door to the hangar on the left in that room? Depending on previous actions in the game, you might have to clear the landing pad of enemies before the chopper will arrive.

Don't be a baby. I'm having the same problem, and it'd be nice to have a resolution instead of a snide remark.

Most people will support Ashpolt on this one. It's not a snide remark, it'd just be more considerate to put a less revealing title. Perhaps I should have avoided the forum more at the time, but part of the game was spoiled for me because I read a revealing thread title, and I was pretty hacked off.

Serendip1ty
3rd Jan 2012, 11:31

rofl? Seriously, what an idiotic reply to a perfectly fair point & to actually call it a "snide remark" beats it all.

Oh gotta love the internet... another fine example of the infamous forum troll.

furiousgeorge
2nd May 2012, 23:48
I am bumping this issue. I just gotten to this point during my playthrough and have run into the exact same issue. I come out of the elevator into the room with the control panel and the button. I press the button which changes color from red to yellowish green. The waypoint leading me to the button is not removed from it. It still indicates that my current objective is the button itself. I looked and have observed that the roof DOES indeed open up to reveal the sky, but no jet lands. On another interesting note, I was able to kill everyone in the room using the laser rifle as it will shoot right through the window. Even with everyone in the room dead, no jet lands and the story doesn't progress. This is pretty goddamn disappointing to encounter this bug this late in the game... I am going to try killing everyone with the laser rifle before pressing the button to see if that makes a difference, but I was wondering - poor title choice aside - if anyone else had run into this issue.

Thanks.

EDIT: Killing all the guards with my laser rifle before hitting the button has made no difference.

Pinky_Powers
3rd May 2012, 00:32
Pro Tip: don't rescue Megan or her team. If you do, the game is no fun. Instead, elect to take a bullet in the head, as the story line becomes much more interesting and far less sexual.

OMGITSJASON
3rd May 2012, 00:51
Yea, sounds like a glitch. Stand around the map in different locations or restart from a close checkpoint.

furiousgeorge
3rd May 2012, 01:22
Yea, sounds like a glitch. Stand around the map in different locations or restart from a close checkpoint.

I have tried just about everything. I guess I could go back through and defeat the last boss and try it again. That last boss fight was a doozie. Anyone else have any other ideas?