PDA

View Full Version : A simple request on behalf of all left handed (Southpaw) console gamers

ncdamc
30th Aug 2011, 13:25
Hi there,

I realize this request is a long shot, but I thought I might try and cover all bases
with regards to contacting the right people who might be able to help. Having
seen the helpful responses from the moderators and developers who read and
reply to the posts on this forum. I know I will not be the only one hoping for this
slight addition to this great game, so here goes. Would it be possible to include
within the next patch release for console versions of Deus Ex the following
controller options, as it would allow myself and I am sure many others who are left
handed to enjoy the game without compromising their aim accuracy by having to
using their non-dominant right hand to aim.

Look: LEFT stick
Movement: RIGHT Stick
Cover: RT
Sprint: RB
Fire: LT
Grenades: LB
Iron sights: click LEFT stick
Crouch: click RIGHT stick

I have contacted other game developers over the past few years asking for similar
additions to their games controller options but I have never had a reply. But if by some
miracle this small request was granted it would rekindle my belief that there are good
people out there who are willing to listen and will sometimes go that extra mile to make
their consumers happy.

Many Thanks

Crassclown
5th Oct 2011, 02:56
I wish to second his request. At least let us be able to swap the sticks, I can work with everything else.

And don't give me the response that Bioshock gave me, that I should just learn to control it right-handed. I've tried over the years and NO game with worth the pounding headaches I would get.

Pinky_Powers
5th Oct 2011, 04:13
I'm all about options, so these sound good for the handicapped among us.

But as a left-hander myself, I've always baulked at the notion that I needed anything made for my orientation. Lefties are better than righties specifically because we live in a righty world and adapted. We might not all be properly ambidextrous, but we're more so than the "others", and that makes us mighty. :)

"Mighty", not "whiny". So I have no use for these options, personally. ;)

MaxxQ1
5th Oct 2011, 04:59
I'm all about options, so these sound good for the handicapped among us.

But as a left-hander myself, I've always baulked at the notion that I needed anything made for my orientation. Lefties are better than righties specifically because we live in a righty world and adapted. We might not all be properly ambidextrous, but we're more so than the "others", and that makes us mighty. :)

"Mighty", not "whiny". So I have no use for these options, personally. ;)

Heh... I was thinking "mighty whiny", actually. :rasp: