PDA

View Full Version : Guard found dead. Wasn't me.

EmmJay
30th Aug 2011, 12:37
So I completed a vast mission late in the game with rigorous sneaking. I used takedowns almost exclusively, no weapons whatsoever, no explosions, no nothing.

Then after I have rid the map of all enemy presence I try to pick up as much stuff as I can for the upcoming fight. And I find a guard I remember very vividly I took down and dragged into a dark alcove is now dead instead of unconscious.

I have no idea how or why that happened. There were no fights near that place, no nothing. Did he die while I was dragging him and I played along for 3 more hours?

I want that Pacifist achievement and now I'm afraid I'm out of luck because some glitch made that impossible. What if something like this has happened before and I didn't even notice? No way of checking...

:(

Jordasm
30th Aug 2011, 12:53
Honestly, don't worry, I think its a glitch. The same thing happened to me in the detroit apartment building with all those MCB guys. I knocked out 2 of them, and when I went back they were dead for some reason. I carried on, not killing anyone, and still got the achievement:)
Word of advice though, when you get to saving Faridah, before you blow up the robot, move the unconcious soldiers bodies a safe distance away from it, it'll count as you killing them if you emp the robot and it explodes, killing them. Also don't use hacked turrets/robots. It counts as your kill.

hazard001
30th Aug 2011, 12:58
Guard found dead. Wasn't me

The psychotic killer I'm playing thought "riiiight".

EmmJay
30th Aug 2011, 16:11
Thank you for your advice, Jordasm.

I got the Achivement despite the dead guard in the second to last mission.

The advice you put into Spoiler tags is very good advice, though I luckily had the foresight to do that during those first attempts.

Edmunt
30th Aug 2011, 16:24
I was actually wondering this too. I had the same issue with the MCB guy so happy he doesn't count. Also I came on here cause I just recently knocked out a guard and was dragging him into a vent to hide him, but when I got there the two other guards I knocked out and stuffed in there were suddenly marked dead.

Glad to know it is just a glitch.