PDA

View Full Version : This irritates me a lot

curtis ward
30th Aug 2011, 10:07
geez, another "Deus Ex Human Revolution = bad Mass Effect Clone" opinions without pointing any valid points, except about graphics. Seriously, are people really this narrow minded?

47xb3A3JaTo

sorry for making an unimportant new thread about this, but this just annoy the hell out of me..
it's sad that most people out there can't appreciate the original Deus Ex.
in my opinion, Human Revolution itself took many elements from the original Deus Ex than Mass Effect.. The only thing from Deus Ex Human Revolution that reminds me of Mass Effect are the cinematic dialogues..

WarBaby2
30th Aug 2011, 10:21
Ahm, yea... except that ME2s core gameplay was a not very innovative cover/squad shooter... and DXHR is everything else.^^ The storytelling is similar, yea, but DE is much more mature imo.

Dr_Bob
30th Aug 2011, 10:45
Mass Effect 2 is a simple corridor squad-based shooter with some RPG elements.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an action-RPG with emergent gameplay.

Jordasm
30th Aug 2011, 10:47
Mass Effect 2 was naff. Mass Effect 1 was alright. Anyway, that guys stupid, ME took alot of from the original Deus Ex, so HR is NOT copying it. HR isn't really that much of an RPG anyway(The only RPG-ish things are side quests and the augmentations) or an FPS. It's somewhere in between.

LuxAngel7
30th Aug 2011, 11:42
I look at that kid's face and his effeminate subconcious gay body language and his feigned superiority and I want to punch him in the face. With an augmented "crush wall" arm ability.

Seriously though, Mass Effect 2 was a sell out compared to Mass Effect 1. And DXHR is too good to have copied anything from it. The only thing that is similar (vaguely) is the converstaion choice thingie, but even that has been taken WAY ahead especially if you upgrade the CASIE aug. Not to mention that the options in ME2 generally result in "space babe will/wont sleep with you" where in this game conversations actually have results that go beyond the bedroom.

Cult Icon
30th Aug 2011, 11:52
- Are you sure you clicked the right game?

- I do not make mistakes of that kind.

- Your mouse might have slipped.

- No, I wanted Deus Ex. It gave me Mass Effect 2.

- The Steam store would not make a mistake.

- It's Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk. They know I like Deus Ex!

- So you're saying Bioware has some kind of plot...

- YES THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE!

theslim
30th Aug 2011, 12:38
I must agree with you on the graphics point of view. but you are saying its horrible, but its not THAT bad. sure it was most likely developed for consoles, hence the DX9 and old-looking graphics. and that is where the problem lies. developers are working for the consoles and making so that consoles can handle the game. a great example is Crysis 2. no DX11 (came some time after the release), the mouse felt weird, and Autoaim? wtf? on PC? i'm sure there are plenty of other evidence that consoles has priority of PC, which is crazy, but hey, anything to make money, right?

PS: might be wrong on something and its my opinion and not facts, so if i am wrong, please correct me.

ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
30th Aug 2011, 18:34
Best comment;

"this guys mom should have pressed Alt+F4 when pregnant with this ignorant [deleted]" :D

Agent Denton
30th Aug 2011, 20:26
You cannot compare Mass Effect and DX. If anything Mass Effect stole it's conversation aspects from the original , hell, even the 2nd DX. But all in all they are not even close.

chabbles
30th Aug 2011, 20:44
oh man, that guy is a f*kn muppit....... lol, "a shameless mass effect clone" ??

AlexOfSpades
30th Aug 2011, 21:00
Deus Ex is a shameless Wolfenstein 3d clone.

I mean seriously, first person? Shows the gun? Lol, press to fire?

You even take damage when people attack you, just like in the old ID games, like Doom.

Ridiculous, shame on you Eidos!

this guy is a joke, just another graphics whore

OhSorryOldHorse
30th Aug 2011, 21:05
Quite frankly, Mass Effect's graphics arent even that great to begin with itself. Sure, theyre good, but nothing that will make you **** your pants over. Although that kid does need a punch to the face for thinking hes a know-it-all.

Deus Ex =/= Mass Effect

Deus Ex is a shameless Wolfenstein 3d clone.

I mean seriously, first person? Shows the gun? Lol, press to fire?

You even take damage when people attack you, just like in the old ID games, like Doom.

Ridiculous, shame on you Eidos!

this guy is a joke, just another graphics whore

lmao^

nakedhand
30th Aug 2011, 21:57
Quite frankly, Mass Effect's graphics arent even that great to begin with itself. Sure, theyre good, but nothing that will make you **** your pants over. Although that kid does need a punch to the face for thinking hes a know-it-all.

Deus Ex =/= Mass Effect

You are absolutely right. ME2 graphics (modelling and textures alone) has nothing on DE:HR. The guy is obviously completely clueless about gaming technology, content creation and might even have a severe problem with his eye sight.

Some faces in ME2 looks better than some HR faces and the other way around. An over all comparison doesnt even put these two games in the same league. ME2 textures are generally low res contrary to HR. Models are generally better build and have more detail in HR as well. This is coming from a ME and ME2 fan (and 3d artist).

Do an asset detail/depth comparison of the two games and HR wins by a mile. Plus HR do not throw 200 pages of useless info for the player to feast upon, like ME2 did with the planetary descriptions, that served no real purpose. And on and on and on... This guy is nuts, look at his freaking dress lol

Falkenwut
30th Aug 2011, 22:18
Personally this doesn't bug me. Most game critics tend to show their personal opinions to the game, and most of the time, what they say does not apply to me.
Perfect example: Kane and Lynch. (Personally A big fan to that series)

As for it being similar to Mass Effect, this has happened many times before, again, doesn't bug me
Perfect example 2: Max Payne vs John Woo's Stranglehold.

My point here: Critics are just people like you and me, they have personal opinions and we should listen to them. IF you cloud your judgment with what they say, you're part of the brain-washed masses who don't want to be augmented :P (trying to keep up with the theme)

EDIT: Probably he reduced the graphics to reach his PC specs. From what I heard from his review.

ZakKa89
30th Aug 2011, 23:11
DEHR is much better looking than Mass Effect 2 imo, except for the facial animations of course.

Sharper textures, beautifully and skilfully crafted environments.

What was that RPS quote: "mass effect fans should play dehr, because it is 11 times better" was that it?

Jordasm
3rd Sep 2011, 22:14
The guy that made that video should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR558wTjOUU

EricaLeeV
3rd Sep 2011, 22:28
The guy that made that video should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR558wTjOUU

This thread makes me laugh for several reasons. Proving the ignorance of some people and just straight out fun videos like the one you just posted Jordasm.

Don't worry OP; I shared your aggravation once but then I learned that there is really no stopping it.

Jordasm
3rd Sep 2011, 22:29
This thread makes me laugh for several reasons. Proving the ignorance of some people and just straight out fun videos like the one you just posted Jordasm.

I have no idea why, but that guys voice relaxes me.

EricaLeeV
3rd Sep 2011, 22:34
I have no idea why, but that guys voice relaxes me.

Kind of reminds me of a lighter-toned Walton Simons (Tom Hall).

Jordasm
3rd Sep 2011, 22:38
Kind of reminds me of a lighter-toned Walton Simons.

And I love me some Simons (I WISH HE WAS IN HUMAN REVOLUTION. SO MUCH)
Also back to that original video, that chap tries so hard to come off as an experienced gamer, who I'm 100% sure has never actually played DX1, OR Human Revolution, as he talks about how theres no references to the illuminati in the original (Dude, what?) and how there's a Paragon/Renegade type moral system in HR. Which there isn't. He also doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on what Cyber Punk is, and calls it Steampunk...
I'm gonna say he's a troll.
In which case, 9/10

unbeatableDX
3rd Sep 2011, 22:51
Mass Effect 2 was naff. Mass Effect 1 was alright. Anyway, that guys stupid, ME took alot of from the original Deus Ex, so HR is NOT copying it. HR isn't really that much of an RPG anyway(The only RPG-ish things are side quests and the augmentations) or an FPS. It's somewhere in between.

not an RPG? what about inventory management, interacting with dialogue, affecting the response of characters with your playstyle, weapon modding..... aswell as side quests and augs. but agreed that mass effect is poop. HR ****s all over it and there should be a secret ending where jensen steals shepards woman. (or alien) disgustingly boring tasteless game. but it had a good atmosphere....

Jordasm
3rd Sep 2011, 22:55
not an RPG? what about inventory management, interacting with dialogue, affecting the response of characters with your playstyle, weapon modding..... aswell as side quests and augs. but agreed that mass effect is poop. HR ****s all over it and there should be a secret ending where jensen steals shepards woman. (or alien) disgustingly boring tasteless game. but it had a good atmosphere....

I think of HR as an RPG/FPS hybrid. Doesn't really matter in the end, I still think it's a great game. Mass effect 2 however, is a lazy corridor shooter/waifu dating simulator. Mass Effect 3 will most likely be terrible, Bioware keep digging themselves into a hole by saying that they want Call of Duty's audience, they're moving away from RPG's, and they want to bring new players into THE LAST GAME in the trilogy.

unbeatableDX
3rd Sep 2011, 23:15
mass effect is terrible. im upset that DX:HR was dumbed down a bit from DX1. but at least it didnt turn out like mass effect, and i actually enjoy playing. deus ex human revolution is 10x better than mass effect and that guy in the video makes me want to punch him in the face. but i can control myself

lhaymehr
3rd Sep 2011, 23:20
obvious troll is obvious

KingNL
3rd Sep 2011, 23:21
how can DEHR be a mass effect clone when ME is clearly a waifu simulator and not a game...

Messire
4th Sep 2011, 00:01
Pfff... Looks like that buttface (yeah! I mean it) got paid by bioware to **** around. Has anybody not heard about the dragon age II press scandale?

Now about recycling:
Mass Effect 1: Become a specter > Visit three town hubs > Kill the boss > The end
Dragon Age 1: Become a grey warden > Visit 3 town hubs > Kill the boss > The end

Oh, and I almost forgot about Mass Effect: For the good end, choose the blue answers. For the evil one, keep on spamming the red ones.

Go back to mummy, Kid.

If someone aroud here has a subscription to youtube, please feel free to copy and past my comment in the columns,
Or repeat it with one's own style. In any case, I won't copyright sue/prosecute one's ass off for doing so, I promise! lol

Lebowski2000
4th Sep 2011, 00:06
Man, this dude is ignorant. (the dude from the YouTube troll video)

Messire
4th Sep 2011, 00:14
Man, this dude is ignorant. (the dude from the YouTube troll video)

Yeah, we kinda got that, your Dudeness... :lmao:

Jordasm
4th Sep 2011, 00:15
Pfff... Looks like that buttface (yeah! I mean it) got paid by bioware to **** around. Has anybody not heard about the dragon age II press scandale?

I seriously have a screenshot of proof about some guy who works as a tech for Bioware going on to metacritic and slagging off The Witcher 2 and calling Bioware "The masters of roleplaying games"
Bioware's plot ideas just seem to be:
1.Something bad has happened
2.YOU MUST UNITE 3 CITIES/PLANETS
3.Battle with some boss.
They are very original. I can GUARANTEE this is what will happen in Mass Effect 3. I have a real problem with their "Morality" system too. I mean if you choose an "Evil" option, you never really come off as some supremely evil being, you just come off as "That guy, who's kind of a prick"

Messire
4th Sep 2011, 00:32
http://www.youtube.com/user/fnogman333
Douchebag in a robe. Plain and simple.

Warren Spector, Richard Garriott and Jon Van Caneghem are masters of RPGs (amongst others).
My point is they are HIGHLY inspired peeps, not shareholding shirt & ties.

AlexOfSpades
4th Sep 2011, 00:43
http://www.youtube.com/user/fnogman333
Douchebag in a robe. Plain and simple.

Warren Spector, Richard Garriott and Jon Van Caneghem are masters of RPGs (amongst others).
My point is they are HIGHLY inspired peeps, not shareholding shirt & ties.

DO NOT WATCH HIS VIDEOS,

As after a certain number of views, he can put ads on the video and earn money by each view he gets.

That's why people create viral videos (RWJ, MysteryGuitarMan, nigahiga, etc).

We cannot allow this idiot to take money off his trollin

Messire
4th Sep 2011, 00:53
Thanx Alexofspades. You actually taught me something I won't forget in the future.

Ok guys, time to watch official Deus Ex trailers in loops while waiting for the annoucement!
Eidos Vs Bioware

Cybernation War spotteeeeeeed!

Where the hell's hiding #Chan aka Van Bruggen?:mad2: