PDA

View Full Version : Help - Pacifist Achievment and Saving Faridah *SPOILERS*

javierabegazo
30th Aug 2011, 07:55
So I'm at the part where Faridah's plane was shot down, and all the soldiers converge on her, and I am trying to get the pacifist achievement. Every time I knock everyone out, and it comes time for me to take out the robot, I throw an EMP grenade, and then the robot's self destruct mechanism kicks in, and the blast ends up killing one or two soldiers. Is this going to affect my achievement?

Rindill the Red
30th Aug 2011, 08:03
You might want to change your thread title. There are significant spoilers... IN THE TITLE!

Tuttle
30th Aug 2011, 08:15
Once you take out the two heavy soldier's they lose a lot of damage output. You could spend your time dragging them to safty that or wait a little longer; one of the guards makes their full way around the thing to the other side.

NKD
30th Aug 2011, 08:56
Rush fast, kill the heavies and the regular guy behind the crate on the right. If you do it fast, only the right-most heavy will be in range of bot blast and you can drag him out and EMP it.

Iggy_Prondexter
30th Aug 2011, 09:11
Is anyone able to confirm that these 'inadvertent' deaths count against you for the Pacifist achievement?

In addition to the heavies dying from the Bot self-destruct, one of the guys on the second floor to the right died from crossfire (possbily a barrel exploding) in my attempt.

Its a pretty big ask to require saving enemies from themselves as well.

Iggy_Prondexter
30th Aug 2011, 09:34
It didnt even occur to me at the time but I assume unlocking the Kervorkian Complex negates the Pacifist achievement?

Man, what a fail. *sigh* Looks like I've got some replaying to do...

Nyysjan
30th Aug 2011, 12:42
my changes of pacifist were pretty much shot when one of the dudes at the stash in the alley during second detroit died randomly (dragged him out of sight, took down rest, came back a hour later and noticed the dude had died), still keeping it non lethal though, had to use one emp grenade for the robot, otherwise i went with stun gun and non lethal takedowns (had to upgrade my armor and energy cells for it tto work though, well, energy cells were just to save me from constantly going to inventory and using more energy snacks), first try i died, second try Malik died, third try nobody died.

Enraged Penguin
30th Aug 2011, 12:55
my changes of pacifist were pretty much shot when one of the dudes at the stash in the alley during second detroit died randomly (dragged him out of sight, took down rest, came back a hour later and noticed the dude had died), still keeping it non lethal though, had to use one emp grenade for the robot, otherwise i went with stun gun and non lethal takedowns (had to upgrade my armor and energy cells for it tto work though, well, energy cells were just to save me from constantly going to inventory and using more energy snacks), first try i died, second try Malik died, third try nobody died.I was thwarted by a similar "bug". I used the stun gun to knock out the two DRB members who guard the target's apartment during the Cloak And Dagger side mission in Detroit, but when I returned to that area after having been to Hengsha I found that one of them was in fact dead. Which blew.

And wait WTF you can save Malik? I've completed the game twice and I still didn't know that :mad2:. The first time I played that part of the game she died inside the chopper whilst I was killing the enemy soldiers, second time I was doing my no alarms (successful) no kills (not so successful) run so I just sneaked past them all. And of course they executed her when she crawled out of the chopper on that second run lol.

Ultai
30th Aug 2011, 14:49
This took me a few tries on Give me Deus Ex, but eventually I noticed the mercs wouldn't really focus on me much at all, so I threw caution to the wind and rushed each of them as fast as I could with my stun gun, takedowns and tranq rifle for the snipers. Take down the heavies first, and have an emp grenade/mine ready for the robot.

ranmafan
30th Aug 2011, 16:02
I was thwarted by a similar "bug". I used the stun gun to knock out the two DRB members who guard the target's apartment during the Cloak And Dagger side mission in Detroit, but when I returned to that area after having been to Hengsha I found that one of them was in fact dead. Which blew.

And wait WTF you can save Malik? I've completed the game twice and I still didn't know that :mad2:. The first time I played that part of the game she died inside the chopper whilst I was killing the enemy soldiers, second time I was doing my no alarms (successful) no kills (not so successful) run so I just sneaked past them all. And of course they executed her when she crawled out of the chopper on that second run lol.

From what I've read in the technical forums, the ones who 'die' after you leave and return don't seem to count against you. I believe the achievement only counts in the number of (whatever the exp bonus for killing people is) - if you don't see that pop up but instead get Merciful Soul all the way, you're mostly solid for the Pacifist achievement.

Just don't let that bot blow up in their faces!

I too have this problem - two guards I knocked out and dragged into a vent 'died' when I returned later, but I'm going to keep going and see if I can get the achievement.

vivimancer
31st Aug 2011, 17:48
I did this non-lethal on 'Give Me Deus Ex'...

Best way to keep the heavies in the center from advancing to where the bot gets dropped is, I found, to lob a concussion nade over the top of the heli as you approach them. Then you can run around one side or the other of the crash and pick them off before they can get back on their feet. I used the stun gun for this.

The rest of the guys stick to the perimeter or upper floors and are pretty easy to mop up.

cachx
31st Aug 2011, 19:55
Hey Javier, nice seeing you here ;)

I had to try this A LOT of times to get it right.

The main problem for me was that the heavys behaved differently for me each time, some times advancing until getting right behind the heli, or sometimes staying very near of where the mech spawns.

My technique was something like:
-At the beggining, quickly tranq. snipe the 2 heavies (it's hard to nail the shots at that distance, but hopefully you have weapon mod that aids long range sniping).
-drop on the ground and start running on the right side, taking out the 1 or 2 guards you'll find (stun gun or takedown).
-then turn left and check on the heavys, if you feel they`re too close to the mech drop point drag them away.
-keep going left, up the stairs, take out the sniper (careful not to shoot the red barrel by mistake). By this point the mech probably is landing.
-drop down and take out the guy that is close.
-Throw the EMP grenade at the mech.
-Mop up the rest with the tranq sniper, or if you're feeling confident, just get close and take them out.

As a side note: If Malik dialogue starts, then she is dead, even if you take out the last guy before the conversation ends.

Dresden
31st Aug 2011, 20:03
It didnt even occur to me at the time but I assume unlocking the Kervorkian Complex negates the Pacifist achievement?

Man, what a fail. *sigh* Looks like I've got some replaying to do...

It doesn't. I got them both on the same run.

Erogath
31st Aug 2011, 20:48
What we need to do is, organize a proper guide for what does and what does not count towards the pacifist achievement. I'd personally like to hear from the folks that have gotten the achievement. Was it hard your opinion?

Spyhopping
31st Aug 2011, 20:54
It's my own fault I suppose.

I'm not going to read this thread, but your thread title has a MASSIVE spoiler in it. Cheers mate.

Iggy_Prondexter
1st Sep 2011, 11:20
It doesn't. I got them both on the same run.
Thanks Dresden, after I posted here I saw you'd posted on this issue elsewhere.

Brockxz
1st Sep 2011, 12:13
From what I've read in the technical forums, the ones who 'die' after you leave and return don't seem to count against you. I believe the achievement only counts in the number of (whatever the exp bonus for killing people is) - if you don't see that pop up but instead get Merciful Soul all the way, you're mostly solid for the Pacifist achievement.

Just don't let that bot blow up in their faces!

I too have this problem - two guards I knocked out and dragged into a vent 'died' when I returned later, but I'm going to keep going and see if I can get the achievement.

You will get achievement. I did something like you, left one enemy under stairs and when i came back It showed dead icon on him but in the end i still got pacifist achievement.

Talking about Malik, i managed to not kill anyone and save her. All i did was jumping down and running on the right side with stun gun. Stunned enemies on my way to the far side where are those 2 heavies. Took those with takedown and cloak and pulled them away from boxguard and dropped EMP under bot. After that i just took care of rest enemies on all the platforms ar fast as i could. The main thing is you need to take down bot and two heavies as fast as you can because those are heavy damage dealers and will kill Faridah fast if you leave them untouched.