PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* Help with a certain conversation *SPOILERS*

Doom972
30th Aug 2011, 03:17
I'm on my second playthrough. On my previous one I convinced Taggart to give me Sandoval's location and convinced Sandoval not to kill himslef.

On this playthrough I went with a different approach: Instead of confronting Taggart I decided to go backstage and kill all his bodyguards. When I got to his computer I found Sandoval's location and framed Taggart. When I got to Sandoval I got the same cutscene and conversation. How did Taggart knew about what Sandoval did if he never heard the recording? In addition to that, it appears that no matter what options I choose I can't get Sandoval to kill himself, he always gets convinced.

I also noticed that in many other such conversations (Haas, Sarif, Tong) I got the same results even though I used entirely different conversation options (generally trying to get them angry and maybe get a fight or something).

Is there a way for this to end in any other way than Sandoval contemplating suicide and Adam successfully talking him out of it?

Doom972
30th Aug 2011, 15:35
For anyone who cares: I made some progress. I loaded an earlier save and now I discovered that if I don't frame Taggart, I get a different cutscene with Sandoval, followed by a fight with him.

So only one question remains: Is it possible to make him commit suicide?
Did anyone ever got him to do that? If so, can you try and remember what conversation options you picked?

Doom972
30th Aug 2011, 16:06
If anyone wants to get him to commit suicide, select - Inspire -> Emphasize -> Tough love.

IGears
30th Aug 2011, 18:15
or you can use the official strategy guides responses

Empathize, Empathize, Empathize i did this in my game and he shot himself and i just started laughing. i'm have problems with all of my conversations when using the official strategy guide's responses so i dont really use it anymore i just compare it and take notes so that i can write FuturePress a letter of how they messed up even though they claim to have played the game for like 6 months.