PDA

View Full Version : Trailer E3 2010 vs the actual game

PredatorElite
30th Aug 2011, 02:17
I don't understand something. Near the end of the trailer E3 2010, it shows Barrett fighting Jenson from the outside! He grab him by the neck saying " I'll Take You To Hell " and throwing him against a wall. Is it cutting content from the game ? Because you beat Barrett as the first boss and he blew himself with his own grenade leaving no trace of him. Why put him alive in the trailer then ?

NKD
30th Aug 2011, 02:27
Either cut content, or they reworked when/where the encounter takes place.

Brian175
30th Aug 2011, 02:29
Yeah there's a scene with Fedrova or whatever indiscriminately killing civilians perhaps in Montreal as well. I get the impression that things between Adam and the Tyrants was originally suppose to be more 'personal.'

PredatorElite
30th Aug 2011, 02:47
It would be nice if they didn't cut the content of Barrett kicking Adam's ass. The first time I saw the trailer 6 months ago, I was like " **** pretty nice cutscene from the actual game ". But instead they put a lame battle between Adam and Barrett.. What the hell did they think ?

Al4ric
7th Sep 2011, 13:54
I also had quite big expetations as to fight with Barret after watching trailer. So I was dissapointed with what I got in actuall game. :(

WildcatPhoenix
7th Sep 2011, 13:59
When these trailers first came out I said they were most likely for promotional purposes only and wouldn't actually be in the game, and I practically got laughed out of the forum.

Kinda irritates me that people are acting so surprised about it. Square Enix got involved and wanted to do their usual "oooh, shiny" cinematics. Maybe some of this content was cut from the game (it sounds like there was originally a lot more to the Montreal mission), but I highly doubt those "I'll take you to hell" and Fedorova scenes were ever intended to be seen in the game.

JCpies
7th Sep 2011, 14:49
Two things:

- As said, promotional purposes, they're not going to be 100% accurate.

- I believe they had to bring the Barrett fight forward at one point as content was cut to keep up with deadlines.

sahdev_92
7th Sep 2011, 15:08
The trailer was also developed by a different company (Visual Works, was it?), so expect some differences and inconsistencies compared to the final game.

Chromie
7th Sep 2011, 15:24
The trailer was also developed by a different company (Visual Works, was it?), so expect some differences and inconsistencies compared to the final game.

Man all that work should have gone into the ingame cutscenes. They look pretty bad to me.

guillaume.oudin
7th Sep 2011, 15:24
Yeah CGI trailers were unfortunately for promotional purposes only and weren't made by EM, although they surely specified exactly what they wanted.

I have to agree though that it feels like when you see something in a movie trailer that make you "wow" and it turns out it's not in the final movie. It's always a shame when then do that because it triggers wrong expectations.

On this particular issue I think like someone said above, it's the combination of 2 things : one - CGI weren't made by EM so they prolly took some liberty with the story and two - some content got cut and didn't make it to the final game. My guess is that yes, originally things were probably much more personnal between the Tyrants and Jensen. You can tell that Barrett and Namir know you very well from what they say to you...it feels like something is missing, something that would have lead us to know better about them.

Agent Denton
7th Sep 2011, 16:13
I wish they would have released everything that was supposed to go into the game. I really do. The trailer had me pumped, don't get me wrong this is still a bad ass game. The trailer makes it seem better than the final product though........ as it seems there was more character development in the trailer between Jenson and his antagonists than there actually was in the game....

rokstrombo
7th Sep 2011, 17:03
I am very pleased that the promotional material generally contained few spoilers.

I was surprised when Barrett chose to battle me in Highland Park. Based on the E3 footage, I expected to fight him in Hengsha after being sent to the dock yard. I was also surprised that he was much more subdued and diciplined than the bellowing moron he appeared to be in the trailer.

flunkorg
7th Sep 2011, 17:28
I wish they would have released everything that was supposed to go into the game.

Thats impossible. And besides, that would also include all the BAD content they scrapped/cut.

VectorM
7th Sep 2011, 18:04
CGI trailers, released a year before the actual game, ALWAYS look better than the real thing.

Agent Denton
7th Sep 2011, 19:55
Thats impossible. And besides, that would also include all the BAD content they scrapped/cut.

How is that impossible? Who is to say it's not coming in future DLC?

unbeatableDX
7th Sep 2011, 20:20
if the devs was given another year to work on the game. it would probabaly be the greatest game ever/joint 1st place with DX1. instead we got a awesome 1st half of the game up to TYM, then a unfinished & re-arranged second half.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

EDIT: picus was good too

Pinky_Powers
7th Sep 2011, 20:26
When these trailers first came out I said they were most likely for promotional purposes only and wouldn't actually be in the game, and I practically got laughed out of the forum.

You're living in a delusional vortex where you're some sort of misunderstood, persecuted soul.

Right from the beginning EM said these trailers were not cut-scenes from in-game content. We ALL knew they were dramatized cinematics for promotional use. For those of use who frequented the forums at that point, there was no confusion on the matter.

WildcatPhoenix
7th Sep 2011, 20:45
You're living in a delusional vortex where you're some sort of misunderstood, persecuted soul.

Right from the beginning EM said these trailers were not cut-scenes from in-game content. We ALL knew they were dramatized cinematics for promotional use. For those of use who frequented the forums at that point, there was no confusion on the matter.

Oh come off it, Pink. I'm not playing the "lament for poor, persecuted Wildcat" card. But I do remember the reaction on this board when several of us suggested the scenes from the CGI trailers would not make an appearance in the game.

The fact that some people here are actually getting upset about the absence of these scenes is what I find a bit shocking.

Pinky_Powers
7th Sep 2011, 21:03
Oh come off it, Pink. I'm not playing the "lament for poor, persecuted Wildcat" card. But I do remember the reaction on this board when several of us suggested the scenes from the CGI trailers would not make an appearance in the game.

I'm sure there were plenty of unengaged forumers who thought otherwise, but you made it sound like all of us, even those who read every article, every interview, every tweet, didn't know better. We did know better. It was public knowledge. The core members would never have argued that point with you.

kalms
7th Sep 2011, 21:43
Awesome trailer. Kinda wish I played that game! Although the one we ended up with wasn't half bad either.

Cult Icon
7th Sep 2011, 23:22
The trailers were awesome but you take them with a pinch of salt, they also showed Jenson using his xray vision and seeing the skeleton of a running enemy had a fracture in the upper arm as well as the hacker in the Milwaukee Junction Lab being in a completely different environment than the one in the game.

PredatorElite
22nd Sep 2011, 05:56
I wish if they did more character development like DX1. For example making Barrett as an important antagonist instead of being a simple boss... They didn't respect the trailer. I wish if I was a game developper....

JCpies
22nd Sep 2011, 06:12
I wish if they did more character development like DX1. For example making Barrett as an important antagonist instead of being a simple boss... They didn't respect the trailer.

Yeah, because the trailer totally goes into depth about Barrett's history and personal life.

I wish if I was a game developper....

Go ahead, but you'll have constraints and deadlines too.

kyuusei
22nd Sep 2011, 06:33
I knew those exact scenes in the trailer were never going to be in the game, especially since it was Visual Works and not EM. But I think *some* consistences would have been nice, as in seeing similar scenes in-game: fighting Barrett outside, Yelena attacking the crowds, etc.

In the trailer you also see Megan yelling Adam's name during the attack - it was kinda more effective than what happened in-game.

Arctica
22nd Sep 2011, 07:11
We all know that CGI-Trailers don't show the games actual graphics. But I admit that I had higher expectations on the graphics, as they are now.

The Boss battles are... well... okay. On my first playthrough, when I fought Yelena, I was like: "Wait, who's that?" I totally forgot that she attacked some scientist in Detroit (well, it was only a 5 seconds scene...). Some more scenes with the three would have been nice.

Viacom
22nd Sep 2011, 08:58
if the devs was given another year to work on the game. it would probabaly be the greatest game ever/joint 1st place with DX1. instead we got a awesome 1st half of the game up to TYM, then a unfinished & re-arranged second half.

We have a winner.

PredatorElite
22nd Sep 2011, 17:16
The game itself is pretty good, I have no complain about it! But I kinda feel betrayed by what they showed us in the E3 trailer and cut it.. Like what they are doing with the Missing Link DLC, of course it is cut content from the game...