PDA

View Full Version : Is the exclusive mission dlc any good?

Atlus
29th Aug 2011, 23:06
Was thinking of buying it for the mission, but I heard it's really short? Anyone played it? Thoughts?

KingLeonShepard
30th Aug 2011, 01:37
I would tell you, but I have no idea how to activate it exactly. I'm in Hengsha for the 2nd time now and the mission is nowhere to be seen

Desolution
30th Aug 2011, 01:43
It is indeed very short, and pretty simple (some patrolling guards, a few mines, a really basic security system, the usual stuff). Although after completion it does reward you with a grenade launcher. You really aren't missing out much on not having it, although to be fair, it is fully voiced, fits seamlessly into the game, and gives a decent piece of loot. I also absolutely adore the Silenced Sniper Rifle in the pack (although the auto-unlock things are game-breakingly powerful, and so I haven't used them once so far)...

Oh, and Leon. It'll activate automatically once you've completed the first Main Quest. You'll know...

Rainhands
30th Aug 2011, 02:02
Yes it is very short, it won't take you longer than 10 minutes. It is not worth paying for, it seems like they just slapped in the mission for the sake of DLC. It is uninteresting and does not reveal any mysteries pertaining to the main story.

For those that do not know how to get this mission: If you have the Explosive mission pack and activated your code before starting the game, then the Tong mission will be tied into the main mission, so you don't need to activate it. It will be automatic. You will encounter it upon returning to Shanghai the second time.

Tuttle
30th Aug 2011, 03:27
It's meh. Nothing that fantastic but still a fun-side mission where you go; "Hah, it's that guy from Dues Ex as a child!"

Oh yeah; I was given two codes for this so uh...

Z54RY-7HTFD-P68PH

Black-Xero
30th Aug 2011, 03:34
No. I expected way more.