PDA

View Full Version : Are there any personal weapon/gear stash boxes like in STALKER?

Frag Maniac
29th Aug 2011, 19:00
Let me first say please try to answer without unnecessary spoilers, as I've only played a little ways into the game.

I've got the Augmented Edition, so I got the shotgun, sniper rifle, and combat rifle. Problem is I've not bought the inventory capacity upgrade yet because I was waiting to see if there were any stash boxes to use like in STALKER. Praxis are precious few, and I don't want to waste any. Closest thing to a stash box I've seen so far is the hidden storage spot behind the TV in the apt, but there appears to be no way to actually store gear in it.

So are there any stash boxes, or at least any places where you can drop an item and expect it to stay there indefinitely for later use?

Nebular
29th Aug 2011, 19:43
Not really since there are no containers. You can "stash" items in Jensen's apartment or somewhere in the mission hubs by tossing them on the ground or in something like an open-top container. You cannot freely travel between areas (such as Detroit and another city on a whim), so you can only access them while you're in that particular location. They are persistent between area transitions though, so if you go from Detroid to an indoor environment that requires loading, then back out to Detroit, they will still be there. The catch is that when it's time to leave a place like say Detroit, all of that stuff is going to get left behind unless you can carry it with you.

Daedatheus
29th Aug 2011, 20:10
I left a shotgun on my bed the first time I visited Jensen's apartment. Much later in the game you meet Sarif there to talk. After that, the shotgun was still there. This was much later in the game, and I had been to other missions and Hengsha by then. Just a tip.

Frag Maniac
29th Aug 2011, 21:28
That's kinda the way I thought it was, but really bad game design if you ask me. If an item will stay indefinitely in a given spot, why not go one step further and help you organized the stashing and collection a bit better than just dropping it on the ground somewhere.

Problem is I'm stuck in China right now where there's no apt to put extra things. I'll probably break down and buy the damn inventory capacity upgrades. You only get a lousy two columns more space per upgrade though, not sure it's worth it.

DarkStar33Cdn
30th Aug 2011, 03:54
That just means you need to consider your loadout in your approach. You can't really be the "master of everything".

If you want to get technical, you should be able to afford literally anything considering how big Sariff is.

Its annoying when compared to other franchises but I wouldn't call it "bad game design". Would you have preferred the 2 weapons at a time or encumbrance mechanics?

Frag Maniac
30th Aug 2011, 04:27
That just means you need to consider your loadout in your approach. You can't really be the "master of everything".

If you want to get technical, you should be able to afford literally anything considering how big Sariff is.

Its annoying when compared to other franchises but I wouldn't call it "bad game design". Would you have preferred the 2 weapons at a time or encumbrance mechanics?Well admittedly much of it is because it's my first play through, so I'm not sure what's best to keep since I don't know what's coming. I broke down and raised my inventory capacity to full via spending 3 Praxis. Oddly enough though between my use of stealth and having upgraded the pistol to armor piercing ability, I'm using it the most. It's a one shot kill if you hit them in the head.

I am kinda enjoying the high powered shotgun after finally being able to pick it up off enemies with the extra room though. I've also got the heavy machine gun, but haven't used it yet. I'd have to say overall my biggest annoyance in the game is having to spend so much Praxis on hacking, only to find after maxing out it's stealth and fortify, I still struggled with the safe at the chick's place whom escapes to a panic room, so I left it uncracked.

Not to beat a dead horse, but whether some feel it's needed or not, I still feel little things like no stash boxes, and many other things this game could have but doesn't due to it being a bit unpolished, would have been much better. Especially when you consider gun shops aren't even shown on the map and are hard to find, making it difficult to sell things when you want to.