PDA

View Full Version : End game weapon question, lore related *spoiler*

JakePeriphery
29th Aug 2011, 18:58
So I picked up the plasma rifle, which is a BADASS weapon by the way, but I thought it was explained in the first Deus Ex game that it was a new experimental weapon, so how did it travel back in time to be smaller, look cooler, and be available on multiple peoples corpses?

Not to be a nitpicky nerd but does anyone have an explanation for this?

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 19:04
So I picked up the plasma rifle, which is a BADASS weapon by the way, but I thought it was explained in the first Deus Ex game that it was a new experimental weapon, so how did it travel back in time to be smaller, look cooler, and be available on multiple peoples corpses?

Not to be a nitpicky nerd but does anyone have an explanation for this?

Maybe there were a few prototypes in the HR era, then the research was lost during whatever made everything go to **** before DX1 and was re-discovered later?

psikoticsilver
29th Aug 2011, 20:51
Maybe there were a few prototypes in the HR era, then the research was lost during whatever made everything go to **** before DX1 and was re-discovered later?

Possibly, but it seems like a ret-con.

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 20:55
Possibly, but it seems like a ret-con.

Could be, there's a lot of DX lore out there, so I guess it's understandable that a new team making a prequel something like 10 years later would miss a detail or two. Everyone makes mistakes :)