PDA

View Full Version : Cant find my preorder weapons?

LuxAngel7
29th Aug 2011, 16:36
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I preordered the game on STEAM, and Im at chapter 12 I think, where you go back to China for a second time. Im a little worried because I have yet to encounter ANY of the preorder weapons that were advertised, such as the silenced sniper rifle or the grenade launcher.

It may just be that I haven't run into them yet, but since Im approaching the end of the game and I STILL havent found them, can anyone tell me if I missed them or if I need to do something to activate them?

Since Im on the topic, I havent run into the 'special extra mission' either...

If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Piflik
29th Aug 2011, 16:48
The additional mission is integrated in the main storyline and you get to it in china (2nd visit) after meeting Tong again. You will get the grenade launcher afterwards as a reward and you will find it in later missions, too. The remote charges should be on sale at all gun runners and some are scattered around missions and other locations, like Adams appartment. Same for the AUD.

The items from the Tactical Pack should be in your inventory, when you start the first mission, methinks, but I haven't got that one.

LuxAngel7
29th Aug 2011, 17:02
Ok, but I havent gotten ANY of the items. Even if I were so blind to have missed everything else (not the case) you say you start the first mission with one on you? I definitely never had anything extra.

What gives? this is quite frustrating...

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 17:53
Check any e-mails or anything else from Steam in case you have a code to activate. I had to do that with a retail copy, so I'm not sure what the Steam system is. Either way, if you pre-ordered an edition that should have DLC with it, you should have some of these items in your inventory at the start. In fact you can't miss them as you get a little message pop up saying "Thanks for pre-ordering" etc.

If you haven't got this and cannot find a code in any information they have sent you, contact Steam support, as this is a problem with what they have distributed to you.

INSTG8R
29th Aug 2011, 19:12
I don't believe there were any extra weapons available from Pre-order. The Augmented Edition on Steam came with Art Extras, Music, etc.(At least all that is what I could pre-order)
If you did get any extras like that thru pre-order you would have started the game with them.

LuxAngel7
29th Aug 2011, 19:26
Wow. That. is. retarded.

So I paid 60 euros (87 US dollars) and STILL got an incomplete game? THAT is unbelievable. This game is one of the best I have played in a long time. It deeply saddens me that they would do something like this. I live in Italy and we didnt even have the option to buy the augmented edition much less preorder any version of the game, augmented or not.

So not only do I pay for the only augmented edition I can get here, (thank God for STEAM) but now I find out that I have an incomplete game compared to others that could go to a store that gave them these dlc's?

And then they say that piracy is hurting the industry. Its things like these that make people turn to piracy. Personally speaking, you can rest assured I won't be shelling out a single euro whenever they decide to release these dlc's for sale. I think paying 27 $ more than the average joe and being given an incomplete game is enough on my part.

AlexOfSpades
29th Aug 2011, 19:41
Wow. That. is. retarded.

So I paid 60 euros (87 US dollars) and STILL got an incomplete game? THAT is unbelievable. This game is one of the best I have played in a long time. It deeply saddens me that they would do something like this. I live in Italy and we didnt even have the option to buy the augmented edition much less preorder any version of the game, augmented or not.

So not only do I pay for the only augmented edition I can get here, (thank God for STEAM) but now I find out that I have an incomplete game compared to others that could go to a store that gave them these dlc's?

And then they say that piracy is hurting the industry. Its things like these that make people turn to piracy. Personally speaking, you can rest assured I won't be shelling out a single euro whenever they decide to release these dlc's for sale. I think paying 27 $ more than the average joe and being given an incomplete game is enough on my part.

Did you see that, INDUSTRY?

Did you see that EIDOS?

DID YOU?

That's YOUR GREED ruining your GOTY

EDIT: 2000'th POST!!!!

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 19:50
Wow. That. is. retarded.

If this is the case... didn't Steam tell you what you'd be getting before hand? Surely if it said "This comes with Art Book, Music and a documentary" that would have been the time to ask "Does it come with additional weapons etc? Because they aren't listed"

Spinaltap
29th Aug 2011, 20:04
If this is the case... didn't Steam tell you what you'd be getting before hand? Surely if it said "This comes with Art Book, Music and a documentary" that would have been the time to ask "Does it come with additional weapons etc? Because they aren't listed"

I ordered the augmented version on steam and it doesn't tell you what you're getting at all. You simply have deus ex : $50 and below that deus ex augmented version : $60. It tells you absolutly nothing about what type of extras you get in the augmented version. I for one would like to know what the diffferences are

KommissarK
29th Aug 2011, 20:05
@LuxAngel

You had full access to the listed information of what was included inside your Steam Augmented edition pre-order. It lists off each and every item you get as a part of that order.

The DLC weapons were not included. It does stink that you were probably under the impression that it was the same as the normal EU Augmented Edition, but that sadly is not the case.

You still had the option to have the game imported, yet you chose not to, so you can blame only yourself.

LuxAngel7
29th Aug 2011, 21:56
@LuxAngel

You had full access to the listed information of what was included inside your Steam Augmented edition pre-order. It lists off each and every item you get as a part of that order.

The DLC weapons were not included. It does stink that you were probably under the impression that it was the same as the normal EU Augmented Edition, but that sadly is not the case.

You still had the option to have the game imported, yet you chose not to, so you can blame only yourself.

Yeah you are absolutely right. I can only blame myself for not knowing that I had to pre order the game on Amazon.com, have it shipped to the U.S., and then pay to have it imported to Italy so I could obtain a game with all of its missions and weapons from the beginning.

It was absolutely my fault that the "regular EU augmented edition" as you call it, was never on sale here in Italy and is still not on sale as of today.

It is absolutely my fault that in the STEAM preorder screen it didnt say "hey, we're giving you all this extra bull****, but guess what? you're not gonna have 4 weapons and a mission that others will because they bought at a different retailer than you because you're a dumbass"

You're right. I only have myself to blame.

People like you are why companies are increasingly employing unethical business tactics when it comes to DLC.

tZer
29th Aug 2011, 23:28
Where did it say on Steam you were getting the Pre-order weapons? Right, nowhere. Your own fault for not researching what you were spending your money on. You could've imported the UK Augmented edition from amazon.co.uk for example.

INSTG8R
30th Aug 2011, 03:37
Sorry but I bought my Augmented Edition on Steam and YES it CLEARLY states what is included in it. Heck go check the Steam page for it now. It hasn't changed other than the price.

Amentes
30th Aug 2011, 10:27
Sorry but I bought my Augmented Edition on Steam and YES it CLEARLY states what is included in it. Heck go check the Steam page for it now. It hasn't changed other than the price.

Sure, so it specified what you'd get when you bought it.

However, for a long time, about a week or so, there was absolutely zero information on Steam about the difference between Standard and Augmented, except for the price of course.

Because of that, I'll bet a lot of people checked the PreOrder page on this site (Buy Now), and that page clearly lists the DLC as being part of the Aug Edition, and even as them not being DLC at all.

According to that page, I can order an Aug Edition right now, and still get those packs. A clear indication that it is in fact NOT pre-order exclusive.

Hell, check Amazon.co.uk, it still lists it all as being in the Aug.

Moreover, I have seen multiple people state that Steam listed both packs on their Augmented Edition earlier on, only to remove them later.

I know for a fact that Direct2Drive has done so.

But either way, the information about who gets what and when has been extremely lacking, and in some cases straight-up misleading.

INSTG8R
30th Aug 2011, 11:17
Sure, so it specified what you'd get when you bought it.

However, for a long time, about a week or so, there was absolutely zero information on Steam about the difference between Standard and Augmented, except for the price of course.

Because of that, I'll bet a lot of people checked the PreOrder page on this site (Buy Now), and that page clearly lists the DLC as being part of the Aug Edition, and even as them not being DLC at all.

According to that page, I can order an Aug Edition right now, and still get those packs. A clear indication that it is in fact NOT pre-order exclusive.

Hell, check Amazon.co.uk, it still lists it all as being in the Aug.

Moreover, I have seen multiple people state that Steam listed both packs on their Augmented Edition earlier on, only to remove them later.

I know for a fact that Direct2Drive has done so.

But either way, the information about who gets what and when has been extremely lacking, and in some cases straight-up misleading.

Well as far as I was concerned the only "pre-order" bonus on Steam was the 10% Discount. That applied to both the Standard and Augmented.

Griseus
30th Aug 2011, 11:18
And then they say that piracy is hurting the industry.

Wrong, not piracy hurting it, but greedy companys, that actually create nothing, but increasing a price of the product.
We life not in 90-00. Intenet is everywhere, and why should i pay for something i don't need ?? How many of those 60 euros actually goes to GAME DEVS ?? Not for printing discs, manuals useless shi... stuff.

A would gladly donate directly to guys, who create a good game, avoiding all those promoting companys and others.
Or buy a digital version, with just a CD-key.

Same game in Russia is 15\30$ (aug version) and all this includas shiping and disks themselves.

So i still have a question - How much of those money we pay actially goes to game devs??
Why do we have to feed leeches on a body of game creators?

LuxAngel7
30th Aug 2011, 11:32
Where did it say on Steam you were getting the Pre-order weapons? Right, nowhere. Your own fault for not researching what you were spending your money on. You could've imported the UK Augmented edition from amazon.co.uk for example.

Oh look another one...

Since the point wasn't made clearly enough before I'll dispense with using sarcasm as obviously that's too high of a communication medium for you.

I shouldnt have to 'research' what Im buying to have BASIC things like all the frigin MISSIONS and WEAPONS included in the game from day one.

If you think that "researching" a game to find out somehow that you have to buy it from amazon.uk or have it shipped from the US and wait to have it arrive, paying exorbitant customs fees (here in Italy they charge you 20 euros for a standard parcel that a game can fit into) is NORMAL just so you can have *gasp* all the fuc*ing weapons and missions in a game from day one then you are crazy.

And once again, to clarify: STEAM never said at any time that preordering the super duper special augmented edition would give you a game missing FOUR FUC*ING GUNS AND A MISSION. I would NEVER have spent 60 frigin euros on an incomplete game.

The only thing people like you demonstrate when they say "shut up its your fault" is that you are a mindless fanboy. But hey, dont worry, its ok, because obviously you dont mind getting taken advantage of. Im glad to know that you have so much money that you dont care what companies do to you.