PDA

View Full Version : Going to Adam's aprtment makes my PC die...

Kiers182
29th Aug 2011, 16:16
Hi All

I am aware that this is probably a system issue and maybe not a game issue but I would like some help please.

After the first mission after recovering the Typhoon. When I go to take it back to Adam's apartment for Pritchard to look at the typhoon I go up the elevator, into the hallway, just before the corner my PC shuts itself off. Every time, the same place. Can never get further. Just before this happens my graphics cards fans kick in to around 70-80% but the temperature doesn't go above 65 celcius yet it still shuts down, same point every time.

I've done this about 15-20 times, same point everytime, had temperature checks running on a 2nd monitor and nothing out of the ordinary. tried just running it on the one monitor still same palce everytime.

System

Windows 7 32 bit
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHx
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon 4900 HD

Anything I missed you need to know. It's most likely my / my systems problem and not the games but if anyone can help me with this I would love to be able to keep playing this game past this point.

I can walk around doing the little side mission for ages but as soon as I try walk past that point in Adam's building it all dies.

If you need anything else let me know

Thanks in advance.

Kiers182

Fasterkatt
29th Aug 2011, 17:19
Does it throw up any errors when it shuts off? Or does it simply turn off with no notice.

A few things you could try in the meantime is ensure you're running with the latest drivers for your hardware (video card etc.). Another thing would be to make sure your version of windows is up to date with all current patches.

Certainly doesn't sound like an overheating issue considering you can play fine in the rest of that part of the game, a hallway certainly isn't very taxing ;).

Kiers182
29th Aug 2011, 17:29
It simply turns off with no notice. Latest drivers are all up to date and windows is regulary updated. Seems really weird.