PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Boss Fight - HELP

javierabegazo
29th Aug 2011, 14:06
Can someone please punch the idiot who thought this would be a fun boss fight??

Seriously, this game is one of the best I've played in the last 10 years, but I don't know who ok'ed the boss fights.

I'm on the 2nd boss fight, the girl with the duel SMG's and cloaking.

HOW do I kill her?

CarpeNukemXVIII
29th Aug 2011, 14:11
Run around the outer ring, and when she sees you, run to a node and stand there until she gets close to you and the node on the wall, and run away. She'll do her melee attack, which will blow up the wall and leave her shocked. Do this to all 4 nodes and she's dead. I never got shot when I figured this out. Either that, or use the Typhoon twice.

Biggus
29th Aug 2011, 14:17
she stepped on mine and shot in face from revolver

TEMP_lordfiSh
29th Aug 2011, 14:43
Yelena Fedorova is a hard boss, if you dont have any weapon upgrades and usefull augs like tyhoon. But its still posible without them

Check my Video, should help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI6XDPUohws

redial
29th Aug 2011, 14:57
should be easy if you have the no electrical damage aug.

I did not, but i had the high jump which helped with damage.
I stood by a computer, and when she charged, i jumped away, or over her head, and as the electricity went nuts, i jumped as much as possible to avoid dying. I popped some pain pills for good measure if i was getting low.

After all 4 nodes, she was still alive (crud) so i dropped two mines as she charged me and jumped away, and then one pistol shot to the face and she was down.

good luck.

one thing that aggravated me about the fight (story spoiler)
Eliza asks if you will save her but you do not get that opportunity. Why ask if i have no choice?

Arvuti
29th Aug 2011, 15:01
Yeah, letting her do the melee attack on the nodes helps. I didn't have the upgrade which makes me immune to electric charges so I just jumped around like a madman when she hit one of the nodes.

TEMP_lordfiSh
29th Aug 2011, 15:11
Yeah, letting her do the melee attack on the nodes helps. I didn't have the upgrade which makes me immune to electric charges so I just jumped around like a madman when she hit one of the nodes.
If you dont have that aug, like me, and play on Give me Deus Ex, and you shoot the Generators. Your Dead in no more then two Sec

Arvuti
29th Aug 2011, 15:13
If you dont have that aug, like me, and play on Give me Deus Ex, and you shoot the Generators. Your Dead in no more then two Sec

Well, I was playing on give me a challange difficulty setting. As far as I am aware you can still damage her with weapons, so just do that.

Lirezh
29th Aug 2011, 15:19
Can someone please punch the idiot who thought this would be a fun boss fight??

Seriously, this game is one of the best I've played in the last 10 years, but I don't know who ok'ed the boss fights.

I'm on the 2nd boss fight, the girl with the duel SMG's and cloaking.

HOW do I kill her?

Use Cloak yourself and she'll be harmless. If she spots you just run away and enable cloak again.
When she passes you (you see part of her in the background during her circling around) just wait a bit and start shooting.
During reload you can cloak and wait at another spot.
Actually she was real easy to kill imho.
The first boss was hard, the others were simple when you used your augs. (DX difficulty)

TEMP_lordfiSh
29th Aug 2011, 15:49
Well, I was playing on give me a challange difficulty setting. As far as I am aware you can still damage her with weapons, so just do that.
Sure you can, i said only that you shouldt destroy the generators if you dont have anti-emp aug

The first boss was hard, the others were simple when you used your augs. (DX difficulty)
First Boss is so easy, dead in like ... 60 Sec? Just EMP him and take all the exposiv barrels and trow them on tim

You just need the right Items and Augs vor every boss, then u kill every boss in a few

Lirezh
29th Aug 2011, 16:02
Yea well since you do not have much augs at the first fight it can be hard (on hardest difficulty, didn't try at lower).
When playing the second fight you already got all augs you could want so it's a lot easier imho.

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 16:26
Cloak, stun/emp grenades and about 3/4 clips from an upgraded SMG. Took me a few tries (DX difficulty), but I'm used to the kind run, hide then gun boss fights thanks to the Metal Gear Solid series, which this game reminded me a LOT of, in a good way, though :)

One thing I noticed is that as long as you're cloaked, you can unload on her from beind (lol) and she'll act like nothing's happening.

If you don't have the cloak aug for some strange reason, or are out of energy, wait for her to charge at you and get out of the way. She'll be stunned for a few seconds, which is long enough to do some considerable damage.

needlesurfer
29th Aug 2011, 18:01
Stuck there too, problem is the controls are designed for a stealth game but it is actually a boss fighting action game. You cannot switch weapon or reload if you sprint or jump and controls are erratic, when the fight start sometimes I won't move even though the W button is pressed, sometimes it won't sprint and sometimes it will jump but bump into her, so I have to see the load screen about 3-4 times before I manage the correct escape move, then since I chose stealth I am screwed anyways because I will die whatever happens, the control reeks in action fights, if basic action controls would be implemented it would be at least a mater of skills, now it's a mater of luck, pure and simple and after more than 100 tries (at least 60 of which were just the control screwing up) I haven't been lucky, started playing at 10 this morning, we are close to 2pm and really, I am just plain pissed, I hope someone found a way to hack the game to skip bosses fight and post it on pirate bay.

And there is just NO WAY I will redo the entire game up to there just to get the right augments for this fight, no way.

I tried every single walkthrough I found but they are all written for the "tell me a story" difficulty level so none of them works for people like me who chose "give me deus ex" difficulty level, I have blown the generators, I have emptied my taser on her, I used emp grenade (3), I fire 40bullet in her head, not a single strategy worked. I just need to get the typhoon and armor upgrade at this difficulty level and load until the game control don't screw up, that means 7 praxis points, that means redoing shanghai... screw that, so many hours wasted on this, words cannot expressed how cheated I feel and disappointed I am.

Eidos, you screwed up big time, if this is your idea of fun I guess I know which company I won't be buying game from in the future.

badmonk
29th Aug 2011, 18:19
i hate boss battles full stop!! why do devs feel they have to include them in modern games??
ok maybe in 3rd person action adventures but not in an RPG like this!!
boss battles are sooooo 1980's

fprovost
29th Aug 2011, 18:27
I'm on give me deus ex and most of my augs are based around hacking & stealth and I had close to no problem to deal with her. Idk what's the generator thing you're talking about - I just kept shooting her - she died - end of story.

PEP gun stuns her for the longest time - shoot it - get close - pull out shotgun.
rinse/repeat

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 18:37
Stuck there too, problem is the controls are designed for a stealth game but it is actually a boss fighting action game. You cannot switch weapon or reload if you sprint or jump and controls are erratic, when the fight start sometimes I won't move even though the W button is pressed, sometimes it won't sprint and sometimes it will jump but bump into her, so I have to see the load screen about 3-4 times before I manage the correct escape move, then since I chose stealth I am screwed anyways because I will die whatever happens, the control reeks in action fights, if basic action controls would be implemented it would be at least a mater of skills, now it's a mater of luck, pure and simple and after more than 100 tries (at least 60 of which were just the control screwing up) I haven't been lucky, started playing at 10 this morning, we are close to 2pm and really, I am just plain pissed, I hope someone found a way to hack the game to skip bosses fight and post it on pirate bay.

And there is just NO WAY I will redo the entire game up to there just to get the right augments for this fight, no way.

I tried every single walkthrough I found but they are all written for the "tell me a story" difficulty level so none of them works for people like me who chose "give me deus ex" difficulty level, I have blown the generators, I have emptied my taser on her, I used emp grenade (3), I fire 40bullet in her head, not a single strategy worked. I just need to get the typhoon and armor upgrade at this difficulty level and load until the game control don't screw up, that means 7 praxis points, that means redoing shanghai... screw that, so many hours wasted on this, words cannot expressed how cheated I feel and disappointed I am.

Eidos, you screwed up big time, if this is your idea of fun I guess I know which company I won't be buying game from in the future.

I did a stealth playthrough, beat her on DX difficulty with a scilenced SMG and a lot of cloaking. Although I agree the boss battles feel a little off, but not being able to beat it is your problem, not the games

joejoefine
29th Aug 2011, 18:38
You can also use the heavy machine gun those tough soldiers use...just stock up some ammo (they even leave some in the room just before entering the boss room, which is a pretty strong hint if you ask me). As she runs towards you, backpedal while firing at her. Eventually she'll stop doing her typhoon attack (I think that's what it is) and attack with smgs. But then you can cloak and get away, until round two. I think I took her down in less than two minutes, just because that gun is so powerful! But I had damage upgrades as well. The only thing to be careful of is attacking close to one of those nodes that can explode - because her typhoon attack can blow one of them up if you're standing there. I don't know why people are recommending to blow one of them up...the electricity damage is really high, but maybe if you jump around a lot it'll be negated like others have said. The machine gun is just a much better damage dealer though, you don't need the electricity.

In fact that machine gun in general is good for the next boss as well, coupled with frag grenades to stun the enemy (it worked so well on the first boss :)). As long as you have the inventory space upgrades, that is

Thasc
29th Aug 2011, 18:41
Take stun gun.
Hit her with stun gun.
While she grunts and moans and twitches, reload stun gun.
Hit her again while she's still paralysed.
Repeat fifteen to twenty times.
Win!

This strategy won on hard mode. It's not a testament to the quality of the boss fights. If I could recommend one thing to EM, don't have boss fights in the sequel. :)

Cronstintein
30th Aug 2011, 07:56
It might be easier if you state what you DO have available?

Things that work:
Thru-walls aug will let you see her when she's cloaked.
Mines are quite effective against her, stunning her and giving you an opportunity to empty a clip into her dome piece.
Grenades are a bit harder to land, but if you can get a mine down, then shoot a couple secs, and toss a nade, then shoot some more you might be able to kill her in one flurry.

Rindill the Red
30th Aug 2011, 07:59
It might be easier if you state what you DO have available?

Things that work:
Thru-walls aug will let you see her when she's cloaked.
Mines are quite effective against her, stunning her and giving you an opportunity to empty a clip into her dome piece.
Grenades are a bit harder to land, but if you can get a mine down, then shoot a couple secs, and toss a nade, then shoot some more you might be able to kill her in one flurry.

Okay, I need help beating second boss.

I have...
no ammo... or weapons...
one energy bar (recharges... slowly)

(I am playing no aug, no inventory item, play-through).

GO!

t0lkien
30th Aug 2011, 08:02
I did a stealth playthrough, beat her on DX difficulty with a scilenced SMG and a lot of cloaking. Although I agree the boss battles feel a little off, but not being able to beat it is your problem, not the games

Actually it's a pretty deep design issue. If you sign up for stealth and then are forced to run and shoot, it's the game that's at fault.

However, you can beat this boss reasonably easily the way I did without ever firing a shot:

1. Create a save on "Tell Me a Story" difficulty
2. Stand in front of a power node until she comes to you.
3. Just before she reaches you, turn and run while jumping (she will electrocute herself after doing her melee attack)
4. Run away from her while you regen health.
5. Rinse and repeat.
6. After her death and cutscene, save the game at your normal difficulty level.
7. Continue playing the game you paid for in the way you enjoy playing it.
8. Carry at least one big gun around for the rest of the game in preparation for the inane boss fights.