PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Path - miss loot?

Immacula
29th Aug 2011, 11:00
Does going pure stealth instead of stealth+combat mean ending up with less loot?
Those credits and bars on guards could well come in handy.
Can someone further on in the game advise me?

vashts1985
29th Aug 2011, 11:05
yeah. depending on how patient you are with full stealth, you run the chance of missing alot more than dropped loot.

then again all that loot really may not be necessary. i did run and gun first, that way i got all the looting out of my system.

ricardosamuel1961
29th Aug 2011, 11:11
The game favors a combo of stealth + nonlethal takedowns. So, yes, you'd be missing stuff if you just stealth through the game.

Immacula
29th Aug 2011, 11:13
Yeah, maybe I'll not go full stealth for my first playthrough - it usually ends up that way anyway. Much more patience the second time around. Thanks guys.

captaincoke
29th Aug 2011, 11:21
You dont miss loot only, you also dont get the XP for the take downs (50 for non-lethal, 30 for lethal) and you can still get the "Ghost Bonus".

Immacula
30th Aug 2011, 06:02
You dont miss loot only, you also dont get the XP for the take downs (50 for non-lethal, 30 for lethal) and you can still get the "Ghost Bonus".

Very useful point (xp) - thanks.

alanschu
30th Aug 2011, 06:22
The joy of doing all stealth type runs is for the challenge of it all.

Personally I think that they shouldn't have awarded xp for taking people down, but if you're concerned about power gaming and being as powerful as possible, then stealthy takedowns are going to net you the biggest benefits.

ufo8mycat
30th Aug 2011, 06:31
My current playthrough is combination of stealth and full on combat if needed.
My second playthrough will be (Give me Deus Ex, Foxiest of the Hounds, Pacifist achievements) - looking forward to this.

Having become familiar with the environemnts I've been in so far on my first playthrough, if you decided to go full on stealth, you would miss a lot of loot. If by stealth you mean not even touching enemies etc

If you do decide to go full on stealth, I recommend doing it on the second playthrough. It would be fun to do actually, though I am just going to go stealth (with non-lethal kills only and no alarms) on my second playthrough so I can get the 'Foxiest of the Hounds' and 'Pacifest' achievements.