PDA

View Full Version : Ok done. Next please!!

Jason Parker
29th Aug 2011, 10:31
Ok folks. First of all I would like to thank the whole Team at Eidos for making this superb game. DX:HR perfectly ties on with Deus Ex on the story setting and feel side of things.

I just started my second playthrough ("Give Me Deus Ex" this time) and plan to replay Deus Ex to make sure I don't miss any of the story ties between the two. But already I have to ask the following question:

What's next? Will we get some nice DLC's that let us play on as Adam Jensen revealing what Dr Reed is doing for Page and what role she plays in Paul's and JC's past.

Will we even get a sequel where our endgame decision in HR plays a role leading up to the events in Deus Ex, maybe taking place even at the same time?

What about a Deus Ex Redux. Redoing the original game with the current technic adding the cover system and hacking minigame?

Whatever it will be if we get a sequel or DLCs I have some wishes/hints:

Add more sniper friendly levels. Due to 90% of the misisons taking place in interiors and due to the fact, that non-pre-order versions (as of yet, hope that's fixed anytime soon in a patch) cannot have a silenced sniper, the sniper rifle is useful and needed only on one occasion during the course of the game:

When you decide to rescue Malik after the helicopter crash.

Make ironed sight on weapons also available when shooting from cover.

Remember the old days and add more content to hubs (more sidequests). Also add even more twists to the story, also give us as a player the ability to create a twist by changing faction.

And please don't let yourselfes be influenced by all those eye candy loving idiots whining about how DX:HR isn't looking like "put in randomly chosen graphical techdemo named shooter without any substantial depth in gameplay". Don't put too much effort in the looks as DX:HR looks great already. I'd rather have you concentrate on the gameplay and story side of things.

Ever thought about taking the world and setting of Deus Ex and making a sandboxish MMO out of it? That would be awesome stuff.

Well, that's it from me.

Regards,

JP

ranmafan
29th Aug 2011, 10:40
"Make ironed sight on weapons also available when shooting from cover."

Can you not use iron sights when shooting from cover? Press and hold WASD to stick your head out from cover, then use the 'Zoom in' key (I use 'F'). Works for the Tranq and Silenced Sniper rifle, I don't see why it wouldn't work for a regular assault weapon?

I agree with all the good things about this game though - it looks fine, plays great. Haven't even finished it yet! I look forward to seeing the rest of the game!

Lirezh
29th Aug 2011, 11:56
Ye you can use iron sight from cover.
Also you don't need a silenced sniper at all, there are rarely any far away targets you can't hit with a normal gun.

Also when

saving Malik I just used the (overpowered) revolver, it made short work of the enemies.

vallux
29th Aug 2011, 12:12
Yeah. Slap on explosive rounds and the revolver takes down boxguards.

Falcon084
29th Aug 2011, 12:38
I prefer DLC packs on a disc. I hope Eidos makes another DE game. Human Revolution is brilliant!

Jason Parker
29th Aug 2011, 20:04
Hmm. I have ironed sight set to middle mouse (I think this was default) and when I hold RMB to cover and wasd to lean out pressing MMB does nothing. Thanks for the hint guys. I'll remap that and try again. On a side note: Can you imagine how tiresome it is to play withouth ironed sight and laser pointer in the hardest difficulty where crosshairs are disabled?

Regarding silenced sniper: I know I don't need it. A firearms-less playthrough is planned already using only hand to hand and nade's 'n' mines. But I want it. I love stealth games eversince I played the original Deus Ex and using a sniper that literaly grants you just one shot and everyone knows where you at is just not fitting in.