PDA

View Full Version : Great game...BUT

Petestar
29th Aug 2011, 10:00
Then I got to the fight with Barrett......

******* lame console-jockey boss fight. Why the hell are these pointless fights still put in games for PC gamers?

Thinking of chucking the game away

Nyysjan
29th Aug 2011, 10:12
Great game, pity that cutscenes and bossfights kinda ruin it.
it has other issues, some in game mechanics, others in storytelling, some annoying bugs, habit of crashing randomly, etc... but main issues are cutscenes and bossfights.

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 10:13
Yeah the boss fights suck. Fortunately, there are only a few of them. Endure and move on.

depresso
29th Aug 2011, 10:31
Dont see why they are such a big deal, they arent that hard, nor do they break gameplay that much... get over it

Jason Parker
29th Aug 2011, 10:39
*g* Boss Fights have a tradition in the Deus Ex series. Each of the games had them. And they never realy were that hard. Explosives almost allways worked.

I agree on the cutscene thing mentioned before though: Make them all ingame scripted. The prerendered stuff is so 90's. With present graphical quality pre-rendered cutscenes (if not done with the game engine, to grant at least that loophole) should get banned from games as their difference in graphcal quality draws you out of the gameworld again and put's you back into your seat being some guy watching a movie.

DisaFear
29th Aug 2011, 12:39
I kind of enjoyed the cutscenes *shrug*