PDA

View Full Version : Decrease energy consumtion for takedowns!

Twinsen64
29th Aug 2011, 08:53
Whole energy bar for single take-down seems a bit excessive.
Half an energy bar per single take-down (full energy bar for dual take-down) would be best, cause then you could take down two enemies consecutively or combine other Augs (like, Silent runnung) with take-downs even on the last energy bar.
Such approach would make LTL approach little more flexible and add several more approaches to silent take-down tactics...

Tuttle
29th Aug 2011, 08:57
Partially depleted energy bars regenerate so you're basically talking about making energy consumption free (With a small wait)

Griseus
29th Aug 2011, 09:08
Partially depleted energy bars regenerate so you're basically talking about making energy consumption free (With a small wait)

Wrong. To make a takedown, you need a full energy cell. So actually if you have only one, and activated any AUG, you won't be able to make a takedown (IMO most stupid thing, at least for non-lethal takedowns)

Tuttle
29th Aug 2011, 09:15
Huh, I think I was thinking wrong. When I say "Energy consumption free" I mean "Knockout for free; if this was implemented."

Does that make it seem less wrong?

Painman
29th Aug 2011, 09:27
Takedowns are just fine IMO. Between those, my stungun, my tranq rifle and patient observation for the right moment to strike, I'm not having any trouble. In fact, i'm having a blast.

Running augs? Why are you in such a hurry? How about savoring the game, instead of cramming it down your gullet as if it were tuna salad on Wonder Bread?

Abram730
29th Aug 2011, 16:46
9/10 pip on easy?

Jordasm
29th Aug 2011, 16:49
I think it's a little peculiar that Adam loses a bar from a takedown, but if he jumps of a roof and lands gently on the ground in an electromagnetic bubble , it doesn't cost anything....

sinosleep
29th Aug 2011, 17:21
http://youtu.be/kG5lKjA18hc

That is why takedowns cost energy. That is why recharging more than one battery at a time would break the game. I pulled that off cause I was used up all my candy bars, if takedowns were free or if you could recharge all your batteries by waiting then you could just do that in every room in the game, never take any damage, and cakewalk the game.

They made the decision to have drawn out animated melee.

Getting killed during drawn out animations is bad game design.

So they made you immune during said animation.

To balance the game, they put a high energy cost on it. Deal with it, it's fine as is.

vonje
29th Aug 2011, 17:28
http://youtu.be/kG5lKjA18hc

That is why takedowns cost energy. That is why recharging more than one battery at a time would break the game. I pulled that off cause I was used up all my candy bars, if takedowns were free or if you could recharge all your batteries by waiting then you could just do that in every room in the game, never take any damage, and cakewalk the game.

They made the decision to have drawn out animated melee.

So they made you immune during said animation.

To balance the game, they put a high energy cost on it. Deal with it, it's fine as is.

QFT

It already feels like cheating when effortlessly jumping out of the bushes and facestab 2 goons at once, so the need to spend for extra energy is the least you can do.

Brian175
29th Aug 2011, 17:48

That's where you're wrong.

sinosleep
29th Aug 2011, 17:58
That's where you're wrong.

I doubt it. :)

Abram730
29th Aug 2011, 21:25
Yes getting killed during a cut scene you can't abort pisses me Off, and thus they added a full pip requirement to keep it balanced.. got it.

Like I said.. I'm fine with it. I'm just putting ideas out there. If you like them.. use them or bump them.. else ignore them.