PDA

View Full Version : Post Processing = Color Correction

Deu sex
28th Aug 2011, 23:29
If you dislike Colorgrading tones (often Gold and Black, but not everytime) just disable it, it has nothing to do with Bloom effects or other effects, just Colorgrading.

So... I'm asking another question... Why Nixxes called it Post Processing and not just Colorgrading ?!

Because a lot of people have finished the game now and few of them disliked it (I mean the effect), and they just didn't know they could have turn Colorgrading off !

I hope my thread will be useful, and I hope a upcoming patch will including a fix for the name of this option, which is not very clear about his functionalities.

Thank you :)

jtr7
28th Aug 2011, 23:41
Perhaps it does more post-processing than just color-grading.

Deu sex
28th Aug 2011, 23:50
Perhaps it does more post-processing than just color-grading.

Thats what I thought in the beggining, but we did comparative screenshots with friends and we noticed only Colorgrading nuances on several different scenes.

Its here if you're interested : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-14432-51466-1-0-1-0-si-vous-n-aimez-pas-le-filtre-jaune.htm its a french thread so just look at the screenshots if you don't understand french ^^

Brockxz
29th Aug 2011, 06:08
Thats what I thought in the beggining, but we did comparative screenshots with friends and we noticed only Colorgrading nuances on several different scenes.

Its here if you're interested : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-14432-51466-1-0-1-0-si-vous-n-aimez-pas-le-filtre-jaune.htm its a french thread so just look at the screenshots if you don't understand french ^^

we need an official word from Nixxes to confirm that it is the only difference because I actually like more screens without post processing on. It looks more Blue :D

dimljajvbu
29th Aug 2011, 09:30
Yes, from those screenshots at least, it looks like "sans" is the more interesting and varied, while "avec" is all yellow.
Perhaps a representation of what Adam sees through his "shades"? :p

Deu sex
29th Aug 2011, 12:36
Yes, from those screenshots at least, it looks like "sans" is the more interesting and varied, while "avec" is all yellow.
Perhaps a representation of what Adam sees through his "shades"? :p

I 100% agree, "sans" (which means without post processing) offer way more varied color tones. with post processing it's not bad, it's great, but some colors are really loosing their tones, especially white, red, and (the most of all) blue.

Deu sex
29th Aug 2011, 14:05
I'm sorry, it's not Colorgrading what I meant but Color Correction, I hope an admin can change the title's name if thats possible.

exmachinad
29th Aug 2011, 15:26
So, this means that if I turn this off I will see less "golden touches" everywhere?

This "the future is golden" look is one thing that I did not quite like about HR. I mean, there's this golden shades almost everywhere. :hmm:

Deu sex
29th Aug 2011, 21:40
So, this means that if I turn this off I will see less "golden touches" everywhere?

Exactly