PDA

View Full Version : Finished the whole game...

pewpew
28th Aug 2011, 23:05
and to be frank, I'd like a refund. From annoying things like unskipable intro logos (but there's a skip button for the credits, derp) and Eidos employees being snarky with people who ask for this feature to story elements that make absolutely zero sense to character models that look like they were rendered 5 years ago to the dumbest AI since Pac-man (the ghosts in Pac-man are probably actually smarter than enemies in this game). The game COULD have been great if Eidos had spent as much time developing story and character elements as they did the buildings and enviornments later in the game (Detroit is pretty dull and ugly). It released with bugs, which were fixed via patch in a couple of days, but it still released with bugs. Companies need to learn to finish their products BEFORE they release them. All told its a $20 game at a $50 price tag and I'm sorry I didn't wait for the bargain basement.

I played it on "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty and it took around 40 hours including all side quests (as far as I know). The "hard" setting wasn't hard but actually very much a let down. If you choose to play as stealth then the entire game is climbing in vents, wow what a fun time. I'm assuming that the big announcement on the 29th will be DLC, you can count me out of that.

Anyhow, sorry I got suckered into paying full price, you won't fool me again Eidos.

Fox89
28th Aug 2011, 23:13
Then I have good news! A refund is possible.

All you need to do is spend $5 less on food per week for the next month or so, and voila! You have made your money back. And that'll teach them to give you a pathetic, measly 40 hours worth of game time. Seriously they ripped you off bad with just 40 hours.

kasier
28th Aug 2011, 23:53
Play it again, it has different choices and endings I know you didn't see. 40 hours is well worth a buy, how dare they offer a lengthy game without making it 4 hours long and reliant on online gameplay

pewpew
28th Aug 2011, 23:58
Because length is the same as quality, amirite???

AlexOfSpades
29th Aug 2011, 00:07
I rather a 4 hours-long good game than a 40 hours long bad game.

Example, Mirror's Edge VS CoD

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 00:17
Because length is the same as quality, amirite???

You can't complain about value for money if you sit through 40 hours of it. At the end of the day, you're entitled not to like it and you're right to play a significant amount of it before making a final judgement, but to say they ripped you off is completely over the top. The game is extremely well made and provides excellent value for the asking price. Just because you don't happen to like it, doesn't mean it isn't worth the money.

"How much is this Ferrari?"
"It is £140,000 sir."
"Hm. Well, I'm not a fan of Ferraris. I acknowledge the money that is invested into making them, and I acknowledge their objective qualities, even though I'm more of an Aston Martin person myself. So can you give it to me for £100, which is how I would value the level of enjoyment I would get from this car?"
"I'm afraid that's not quite how economics works sir."

'I didn't like it' =/= 'this was not worth full price'

cartridge
29th Aug 2011, 00:21
This thread sucks, I'd like a refund.

Enemy242
29th Aug 2011, 00:21
and to be frank, I'd like a refund. From annoying things like unskipable intro logos (but there's a skip button for the credits, derp) and Eidos employees being snarky with people who ask for this feature to story elements that make absolutely zero sense to character models that look like they were rendered 5 years ago to the dumbest AI since Pac-man (the ghosts in Pac-man are probably actually smarter than enemies in this game). The game COULD have been great if Eidos had spent as much time developing story and character elements as they did the buildings and enviornments later in the game (Detroit is pretty dull and ugly). It released with bugs, which were fixed via patch in a couple of days, but it still released with bugs. Companies need to learn to finish their products BEFORE they release them. All told its a $20 game at a $50 price tag and I'm sorry I didn't wait for the bargain basement.

I played it on "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty and it took around 40 hours including all side quests (as far as I know). The "hard" setting wasn't hard but actually very much a let down. If you choose to play as stealth then the entire game is climbing in vents, wow what a fun time. I'm assuming that the big announcement on the 29th will be DLC, you can count me out of that.

Anyhow, sorry I got suckered into paying full price, you won't fool me again Eidos.

wow talk about a failed troll. yes, because not being able to skip the intro credits and having to wait 15 seconds (DEAR GOD, MY ADD) means it's a terrible game and should be refunded. good luck pointing out a few games that have even close to the same level of character development and effort put into backstory/world/tech/news/science that are currently out now, not counting any straight up 100% rpgs. clearly you're a long time gamer, because you so keenly pointed out there are bugs and games shouldn't have bugs on release and have patches; because things like a couple of loading issues in HR are soooo much worse than entirely broken games on release like any bethesda game, the witcher 2 or any other large game (and yet they're all still great games). lets live in a perfect world where everything revolves around your wants and desires and nothing has any flaws or tradeoffs, because the world should cater to you and god forbid they should get the $50 you spend your life working for in exchange for 40 hours of detailed entertainment.

kasier
29th Aug 2011, 00:32
This game was worth it, please clearly speak about the character development and adam jensens role so we could understand why you hate this game so much.

rubiomhs
29th Aug 2011, 00:47
Then I have good news! A refund is possible.

All you need to do is spend $5 less on food per week for the next month or so, and voila! You have made your money back. And that'll teach them to give you a pathetic, measly 40 hours worth of game time. Seriously they ripped you off bad with just 40 hours.

you don't know what a refund is, do you? when eidos gives him back his money, that's a refund.

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 00:55
you don't know what a refund is, do you? when eidos gives him back his money, that's a refund.

Eidos control the entire world's food supply, so it amounts to the same thing.

Pete278
29th Aug 2011, 02:44
Eidos control the entire world's food supply, so it amounts to the same thing.
After producing the game, Eidos Montreal realized how much easier it was to simply be the Illuminati than make games.