PDA

View Full Version : Save Copy-protected (PS3)

OceanRipple
28th Aug 2011, 20:11
Why has the Save File been Copy Protected in the PS3 version of the game..? By all means lock the Save File to our PSN ID's (like every other recent release) but why stop us from being able to back up our saves? It makes no sense, now the only way for me to back up my save file of Deus Ex 3 is to either subscribe to PS+.

So please unlock the Copy Protection on the Save File and leave it locked only to our PSN ID's in next patch or the one thereafter so that we can back up and protect our saves! Motorstorm: Pacific Rift did this with their save file soon after release once fans brought up the issue so it's fully possible.

It's a shame that a game I am enjoying has these kind of simple problems (no custom control/no save backup) that are in no way related to the gameplay mechanics yet still effect me and my enjoyment of the title.

I really hope the dev team addresses and fixes these issues in the next patch(es).

Faenix1
28th Aug 2011, 20:44
What issues?

No Custom Control is not an issue, very few games have custom controls. At best I can see them add an option for southpaw.

No Save Backup: This should be undone, as that should only really be for games with online. But it is far from an "issue".

Fox89
28th Aug 2011, 21:04
Oh that's bad. I have the PC version so am unaffected, but I understand the problem. I have a big 47" HDTV with my PS3 hooked up to it. My friend also has a PS3, but only a tiny little monitor to play it on. So which PS3 do you think he played Demon Soul's on?

Unfortunately, he then got a better TV and wanted to play it on his PS3. But the save was copy protected. It's a stupid system and disappointed to hear DX uses it.

mad825
28th Aug 2011, 21:04
It makes no sense, now the only way for me to back up my save file of Deus Ex 3 is to either subscribe to PS+.

It does make sense as you have answered your own question.

projectmanhunt
8th Sep 2011, 18:22
Having to fork out money just to backup your time investment in a game is less than ideal.

I too want to add my name to the list of people having problems with this. There are a bunch of other people wishing to backup their progress too if you do a google search.

The good thing is they are doing DLC so they will at least be going back into the game to patch support for that. Hopefully we can get word to them so they could fix this problem so we can all backup our progress.

imported_BoB_
8th Sep 2011, 18:52
What issues?
No Save Backup: This should be undone, as that should only really be for games with online. But it is far from an "issue".

It is an issue. Besides, console players have only 20 slots for all playthroughs, it's really dumb.