PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS]: Different "Cloaks and Daggers" bug

baudolino
28th Aug 2011, 17:56
I'm playing the game on Xbox360, FWIW. Here's what happens:

I had this quest active at the same time with the main story line that involves shooting down the antenna in the DRB territory. I timed the cloaks quest such that the only thing remaining for completion was finding the weapons crate also in DRB territory (I had no trouble with the TT part, which seems to be the main concern for this quest).

As soon as I enter the gang zone and find the weapons crate, the quest indicator shows up but somehow the quest line does not get updated! I didn't realize it at the time, so I continued to the antenna site and then to the FEMA facility. After debrief, I wanted to stop by the undercover cop to complete the side quest, at which point I realized that the quest is still flagged as incomplete. Now I have this weird situation that if I look at the quest details, it tells me that I still need to find the weapons crate. When I look at the map, the DRB zone is not listed as an active quest zone (and when I go in, inspecting the crates does not do anything). When I'm any Detroit building, I have the markers that tell me how far the quest area is active!! When I'm on the street, the marker disappears, and the only marker visible is that for the main quest line (go to China, at this point) :mad2:

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

fresh fish 101
28th Aug 2011, 19:53
i suggest waiting for a patch that hopefully resolves ALL issues weve been having. the game is nearly unplayable imo at this point.

Lolyta
24th Nov 2011, 02:07
Erm, the original user probably solved this one, but I was led here by google after having a different issue with the same quest and thought I might offer what meagre advice I could for future generations with the same issue.

"It tells me that I still need to find the weapons crate. When I look at the map, the DRB zone is not listed as an active quest zone (and when I go in, inspecting the crates does not do anything)."

The actual quest for the weapons cache has no reference on your map. It will lead you into the DRB zone, and update, but that is not because you have found the cache. You are just in the correct area. The crate you probably bumped into when the quest updated and the X disappeared was just one of many shipping crates littering the area. The actual cache is in a little hidey-hole in the same outdoor 'room' as the man-hole for the sewers. (Won't go into further details unless you want that challenge of finding its exact location.) There are a few other weapons lying around it, too.

So I say this unto yee, future gamers. ;)
http://xkcd.com/979/