PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 - Game Breaking Freeze Glitch (spoilers)

N0 Witnesses
28th Aug 2011, 17:33
I've done a search and found this problem on a few sites but not here yet. The stickied thread also seems PC-oriented.

On Panchea, when I go down the first ladder (where the waypoint is) and proceed, the waypoint does not move but rather stays on the ladder. I proceed passed the electric water, go through the vents, drop down, find the ladder, climb up and hit an auto save.

The as I climb the stairs and approach the double doors, the game crashes. Every time. I've attempted to pass this point on several occasions but the game always freezes, the alarms stay blaring and I can't open the xbox menu. I'm on the verge of beating the game but it won't let me pass, please help!

devaitebill
28th Aug 2011, 17:49
Just got to this point myself and game froze out on me :(
Had it installed on HD, so un-installed, tried it again and froze. Even re-installed and still froze.
Great game, just not happy it died on me :P

Please fix!!! Please *cries like a little girl*

N0 Witnesses
28th Aug 2011, 18:01
Unfortunately, I think we're screwed. Even if they patch it my guess is it would require us to start Panchea over again, and I don't have a save that goes back before Panchea, so i would need to play the entire game again to get to the last 15 minutes. Loved every minute thus far, but a glitch this debilitating is unacceptable. Has anyone on the 360 been able to finish the game?

devaitebill
28th Aug 2011, 18:02
Found a semi-solution;
Go up the last staicase backwards until you hit the door, spin around just enough to open the door and continue to walk through backwards. Once you're in the next room you can play normally!

N0 Witnesses
28th Aug 2011, 18:55
Brilliant! Spinning to the left froze but spinning to the right worked, thanks!

jliedeka
28th Aug 2011, 22:00
Thanks, that helped me, too. I hope EM comes up with a patch before I play again.

ultimate8989
1st Sep 2011, 01:53
I have the exact same problem. Thank you devaitebill for the tip now I can beat the game. Hope they fix this soon because I really want to do another play through.

gunfart
2nd Sep 2011, 01:09
Thank you soo much. Nobody was able to help me until I read this! It was driving me CRAZY.