PART 2
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1771/arg2.jpg

PART 3
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/724/arg3i.jpg

PART 4
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6668/arg4.jpg

PART 5
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5324/arg5q.jpg

Use CTRL+Mouse-scroll to zoom in and out.

Sources:
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidAnfossi
http://twitter.com/#!/sdastous
http://twitter.com/#!/deusexcentral
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/
http://jayjaybe.tumblr.com/post/9585600172/adam-jensen-and-barrett-finally-meet-in-real-life
http://deusex.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:29th_August_Announcement_ARG&t=20110830154406
http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx
www.13311tower.com

Rtech
28th Aug 2011, 17:38
I want it now :mad2:

Have a beer, you'll feel better.

KingNL
28th Aug 2011, 18:05
I don't drink :p

Maybe that's the problem

jd10013
28th Aug 2011, 18:31
you'd hope it would be some kind of bonus material for the people who went out and bought in the first week, but I'd bet it's probably DLC that will cost $$$

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 18:34
you'd hope it would be some kind of bonus material for the people who went out and bought in the first week, but I'd bet it's probably DLC that will cost $$$

I got more than my moneys worth out of this game already. I'd gladly pay them for some more content.

Dr_Bob
28th Aug 2011, 18:42
Any idea why I'm being told to connect to the Internet by the infocaster?

I'm always online on Steam when I play this game, so I don't know what to do.

KingNL
28th Aug 2011, 19:01
I got more than my moneys worth out of this game already. I'd gladly pay them for some more content.

I agree, bring on the European city hubs.

I want to walk through Amsterdam (more precisely the red (gold/black) light district)

Enemy242
28th Aug 2011, 19:18
i hope they announce some new dlc like New Vegas. I got the tong mission (huge dx fanboy, had to get it even if it meant preordering from a retail store, ugh) so announcements about all the preorder packs being dlc honestly doesn't help me (though the silenced sniper rifle would be nice). I really hope they cut something ambitious where they simply didn't have enough time for it, and are now bringing it back like the montreal city hub.

flipperflopper
28th Aug 2011, 19:56
i never asked for this

lol
28th Aug 2011, 20:02
I usually don't post that much,but one thing I would really like Eidos to do is HD Texture packs.

Seriously,if they do this,not only is this game awesome,but pretty much guarantees even more awesomeness.No one would then have to complain about anything else(except for minor things as usual).If Crysis 2 can do it,so can DX,and would force people to buy and play it more and not complain on nonsense stuff.

10hellfire01
28th Aug 2011, 20:25
Either DLC or could be a nifty big release patch to fix many of the issues reported since the 25th.

Soureal
28th Aug 2011, 20:29
DLC? I'll buy.

badmonk
28th Aug 2011, 20:37
I am hoping it's an aug pack :D
As much as I love this game, I thought we might have had a few more augs in there so be great to get a pack of some awesome new ones!

Black-Xero
28th Aug 2011, 20:38
Hopefully it's DLC.

Locutus of BORG
28th Aug 2011, 20:44
Hoping for a major bug patch + DLC. I didn't ask for this, but I'd def. go with it.

KingNL
28th Aug 2011, 21:22
Either DLC or could be a nifty big release patch to fix many of the issues reported since the 25th.

I doubt they'd use the term "surprise announcement" for a patch.

Abram730
28th Aug 2011, 23:42
I hear that there is a huge amount of content on the cutting room floor.. I'd like them to fix that up... I'll buy it, just bring it up to par and work the bugs out.

I'd like more weapons.. I didn't get the store DLC because I thought it would add the weapons to your inventory.. but it seems to add them into maps... I didn't want the game to be made easy.. I would of gotten the store pre-order if I'd known.. would pay extra for it too. The steam server was hammer too. I've never had a DL that slow lol

Basically I'd like more helpings please... cough cough DLC please.

Itkovian
28th Aug 2011, 23:52
I would SO love it if they included the Montreal hub as DLC. I was very sad to hear they cut it, and it would have been nice to have a 3rd hub.

Itkovian

Kivan
29th Aug 2011, 00:07
I'm a little surprised how so many people would be OK with them releasing DLC so soon after release. Usually that type of thing doesn't go down well. Although I'm sure that if DLC was announced there would be a thread pretty quickly complaining about it.

stivo887
29th Aug 2011, 00:10
why would people be pissed ,im still not done with the game but more content is good content in my opinion :)

Kivan
29th Aug 2011, 00:15
why would people be pissed ,im still not done with the game but more content is good content in my opinion :)

Every time DLC is announced/released so soon after release is the most common comments I usually see is "It should have been in the game in the first place" or "Why wasn't it in the game already of it's ready so soon" which then leads to arguments about whether content was deliberately cut to be sold as DLC or not.

tinfish
29th Aug 2011, 02:22
I'm a little surprised how so many people would be OK with them releasing DLC so soon after release. Usually that type of thing doesn't go down well. Although I'm sure that if DLC was announced there would be a thread pretty quickly complaining about it.

Most DLC is a farce, worthless addons for 4 hour games, long gone are the days of true addons (Bloodmoon, countles Il2 updates and so on) and more to the point, my 500 MB DLC downloads in a milisecond, because it is merely unlocking existing content. (from the 1st days of so called next gen consoles, this has been common practice)
For £10 we can expect a 10 minute mission, or some clothes. When I see 'buy this' ingame, I think 'f*** you'.
M$ even charged for a free addon + patch, for 1 game.

But DE HR is another story, awesome out of the box, replay value aplenty, as long as it is quality, I will buy it.
Hopefully longer than the Tongs rescue mission, I liked it, but wouldn't pay extra for it.

miraa
29th Aug 2011, 02:25
Things that would be cool, in order of awesomeness:

1. Modder SDK - I think they already said they won't do this but it would be nice. The mod community is part of why Deus Ex stayed popular and interesting for as long as it did. Without a mod community, as good as HR is, it's just gonna be another flash in the pan that everyone forgets about.

2. DLC city hub - Montreal anyone? I really think HR needs 1 more city hub.

3. DLC augs - There's room for more and I think it's too easy to max most of them out as it is... more variety would be cool.

4. DLC weapons/armor/items - Dunno how good these would be since the in-game weapons are already really good, but I wouldn't mind multitools/autohackers to support a non-hacking play style.

5. Bug Patch - Nice, but not really exciting or surprising. A few quests are bugged a little but I think the assumption is that Eidos will be fixing these in due time.

Then again maybe it won't even be game content but something like a new clothing line or contest :(

10hellfire01
29th Aug 2011, 03:01
I doubt they'd use the term "surprise announcement" for a patch.

Even though I haven't had issues for the most part, the majority of people have encountered numerous bugs. By this point I think it'll be a combination of the two. Or actually...what if it has to do with the 3D Vision support I've been hearing about? That's a big one :scratch:

Things that would be cool, in order of awesomeness:

1. Modder SDK - I think they already said they won't do this but it would be nice. The mod community is part of why Deus Ex stayed popular and interesting for as long as it did. Without a mod community, as good as HR is, it's just gonna be another flash in the pan that everyone forgets about.

2. DLC city hub - Montreal anyone? I really think HR needs 1 more city hub.

3. DLC augs - There's room for more and I think it's too easy to max most of them out as it is... more variety would be cool.

4. DLC weapons/armor/items - Dunno how good these would be since the in-game weapons are already really good, but I wouldn't mind multitools/autohackers to support a non-hacking play style.

5. Bug Patch - Nice, but not really exciting or surprising. A few quests are bugged a little but I think the assumption is that Eidos will be fixing these in due time.

Then again maybe it won't even be game content but something like a new clothing line or contest :(

I would like to see more hubs. I can swear the first game had many more places to go. I would like more objects to be "pickup-able" like in the original too.

flunkorg
29th Aug 2011, 03:06
What if the SDK comes out as DLC?
That would be rather unique, and somewhat a good idea on there part. As long as they don't charge to much for it.

Ragequit
29th Aug 2011, 04:14
Selling the SDK as DLC would probably remove a lot of the badly developed mods that often plague mod databases

SearingWind
29th Aug 2011, 04:51
Some free DLC and make it so CC kills don't make so damned much noise would make my damned year.

Ludogator
29th Aug 2011, 10:14
I don't believe in SDK if they told, they won't release any. Seems like they don't give a givl about the game, just get their money for it + more money for DLC's, and leave it to die.

ranmafan
29th Aug 2011, 10:18
I don't believe in SDK if they told, they won't release any. Seems like they don't give a givl about the game, just get their money for it + more money for DLC's, and leave it to die.

Obvious troll is obvious. Let's see what they say first then decide, all right? Some developers actually DO give a damn about their games, and if they have the misfortune of having a publisher that hamstrings them for a cash grab, I really wouldn't blame the devs. It hurts me everytime people blame a dev for the publisher's failings. And this has, so far, NOT happened with EM/SE.

So - I advocate the wait and see approach.

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 10:18
I'd like more weapons.. I didn't get the store DLC because I thought it would add the weapons to your inventory.. but it seems to add them into maps... I didn't want the game to be made easy.. I would of gotten the store pre-order if I'd known.. would pay extra for it too. The steam server was hammer too. I've never had a DL that slow lol

Just to put your mind at ease, the grenade launcher is the only one you don't get at the very beginning of the game. The shotgun and sniper rifle are added to your inventory, as well as a few explosive gel packs and the 10,000 credits. AUDs are not, these are added to shops etc, but the main weapons you do get in your inventory at the start of the first proper mission.

As for the DLC, I wouldn't want to speculate! I wouldn't be surprised by anything between "We are developing a new Deus Ex sequel" and "The Adam Jensen action figure comes with retractable sunglasses".

Biggus
29th Aug 2011, 11:04
i hope they activate all preorder stuff for all editions like CPR did with Witcher2. Since game already launched no reason to hold on to it

deusfox
29th Aug 2011, 11:23
i hope they activate all preorder stuff for all editions like CPR did with Witcher2. Since game already launched no reason to hold on to it

Indeed, all the bonus content was for pre-ordering the game right? Now there's not that same incentive to purchase from Gamestop, hopefully they'll open it up to everyone. Perhaps the news is this, plus news of a big patch rather than hotfix coming. They patched the game twice in 3 days, given its been the weekend now, they could have worked on alot more. My copy runs flawlessly on pc so I have no idea how widespread the pc issues are, but it'd be nice for all those still awaiting answers in the technical forum

LostLogic
29th Aug 2011, 11:40
Completed the game yesterday, and after the credits completed and I returned to the home screen I noticed a ticker message at the bottom below the menu.

Important announcement - August 29, 22:00 GMT (Or 20:00. Can't remember)

Anyone else seen this message? Anyone know what will happen, where and so on?

Meh, dup post of this thread. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=120594

Close/delete this duplicate

Ludogator
29th Aug 2011, 11:40
Obvious troll is obvious. Let's see what they say first then decide, all right? Some developers actually DO give a damn about their games, and if they have the misfortune of having a publisher that hamstrings them for a cash grab, I really wouldn't blame the devs. It hurts me everytime people blame a dev for the publisher's failings. And this has, so far, NOT happened with EM/SE.

So - I advocate the wait and see approach.

I've seen it so many times:

Make the game -> tell something people want to hear to sell it better -> "customers, go away, we have our cash, you have a game, leave us alone".

Maybe I'm talking about something which won't happen this time (let's make a deal, if they will release an SDK, I'll create a topic with huge, sincere "I'm sorry", ok?), but life have teached me, that it is hard to find people who actually care today. Most of "us" think only about money.

BTW you don't have to defend the devs from me. I've told "they", and I meant all the people involved in the game, not just devs, and since I'm a great System Shock fan, I understand that most of the time, the publisher is a b*tch, not the dev (EA as an example for making it impossible for even a fan remake of SS2).

Lets get back on track now. Since guys are making DLC for a long time, maybe they have made a DX1 remake :]? I would be surprised, but as I remember, there was similar thing with The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (escape from butcher bay was added to the game, rewritten on a new engine).

LostLogic
29th Aug 2011, 12:02
They've had quite some time to create more content after the game went gold, so I hope it's DLC deliciousness I can get before starting my second play-trough! :D

vallux
29th Aug 2011, 12:11
This can go both ways for EM/SE. They either rock our socks off with CDPR style badassery...or they rock our bankaccounts like Activision.

KingNL
29th Aug 2011, 15:57

You are absolutely correct and that would be the case here if the developers hadn't already given us a great game with tremendous playability.

There is a big difference in *wanting* more content and *needing* it because the initial game lacked it.

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 16:37
I personally hope it's a new city hub that they didn't have time to finish before the game went gold. I still haven't given up on Montreal yet. Hell, maybe sometime down the road they might even throw in Shanghai. Imagine, having two more cities?

KingNL
29th Aug 2011, 16:51
2 more city hubs is all that I want.

5 more hours!!

Vendetta11
29th Aug 2011, 17:00
I would SO love it if they included the Montreal hub as DLC. I was very sad to hear they cut it, and it would have been nice to have a 3rd hub.

Itkovian

Agreed, I was bummed to hear this as well.. How awesome would it be to run around Montreal and yell - "GO EXPOS!"

:D

Pldgmygrievance
29th Aug 2011, 17:05
Sorry if this has been asked. But what time is 2200 GMT on the Eastern coast?

Of America.

jd10013
29th Aug 2011, 17:07
You are absolutely correct and that would be the case here if the developers hadn't already given us a great game with tremendous playability.

There is a big difference in *wanting* more content and *needing* it because the initial game lacked it.

+1. it's different if it's a game like COD that has a 5 hour SP and they then offer more content for a price.

redial
29th Aug 2011, 17:12
Sorry if this has been asked. But what time is 2200 GMT on the Eastern coast?

Of America.

EST is GMT -5

so 22 becomes 17, which is 5 oclock pm

Itkovian
29th Aug 2011, 17:16
Agreed, I was bummed to hear this as well.. How awesome would it be to run around Montreal and yell - "GO EXPOS!"

A Montreal hub would have been awesome... or maybe a mini-hub like Paris in DX1.

And the proper yell is "Go Habs Go!" :)

So long as it isn't when the Habs win the cup, otherwise the rampaging fans will make the last level look tame by comparison. :)

Itkovian

Pldgmygrievance
29th Aug 2011, 18:41
EST is GMT -5

so 22 becomes 17, which is 5 oclock pm

Thanks man

KingNL
29th Aug 2011, 19:03
3 hours left

Jovena
29th Aug 2011, 19:06
I hear that there is a huge amount of content on the cutting room floor.. I'd like them to fix that up... I'll buy it, just bring it up to par and work the bugs out.

Basically I'd like more helpings please... cough cough DLC please.

That's called the future GOTY edition! :)

Agent Denton
29th Aug 2011, 19:14
I hope it's some kind of City Hub. I thought the game felt too small with only the China and Detroit Hubs. Great game none the less. Best game i have played in years, quite possibly since the first DX.

raz3r
29th Aug 2011, 19:27
http://www.emptylifebar.com/?p=2084

A DLC is already confirmed, I guess the announcement will regard those new content. Beside, I don't think DX:HR is suitable for an SDK, BUT, I'd like to see it one day. Community made wonderful mods for the first Deus Ex.

KingNL
29th Aug 2011, 19:59
SDK would be awesome too considering how crazy these modders can get with ideas :D

Boradam
29th Aug 2011, 20:11
SDK would be awesome too considering how crazy these modders can get with ideas :D

I can see it now... The Malkavian Mod of Human Revolution...

"I never asked fo- FRANK!"

"Well, if it isn't Mohatmha RUNNING- himself... come to honor us with his RUNNING."

"I went half way across the world for- Francis..."

it would be so gimpy and funny.

Jack Corban
29th Aug 2011, 20:38
So where is the announcment ? Its allready 22:30 GMT+1

oh wait.... sry i forgot i'm one hour ahead. Nevermind!

TROOPER181st
29th Aug 2011, 21:18
That announcement is written in code... i can only make up the first 3.. " okM8 = Ok Mate... "
the rest i cant really decript... anybody else knows what the hell they are saying ? ?

I am not dyslectic but ist hard for me to understand..... time to get my brain and eyes augmented ;)

badmonk
29th Aug 2011, 21:19
Well there is something there now but it's all musher up code!! I ain't clever enough to work it out lol!!

TROOPER181st
29th Aug 2011, 21:24
i wrote down the announcement so here it goes :

okM8- +Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7:G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

http://littleimg.com/files/61825_rm6zh/dxhr%202011-08-29%2016-58-24-34.png

agent_jdh
29th Aug 2011, 21:34
i wrote down the announcement so here it goes :

okM8- +Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7:G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

I make that a semi-colon before GI6 - might be my slightly warped eyes, though.

MonkeyLungs
29th Aug 2011, 21:43
That's the big announcement? LOL

TROOPER181st
29th Aug 2011, 21:43
getting a little closer :

okM8 : ok mate

+Ds4 = This is for ............................

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

ArchangelX
29th Aug 2011, 21:45
I'm clueless on this one and I usually am pretty good at figuring this stuff out. Tried using it for Steam, tried inputting it as a code in game...no dice. Hmm...

Jordasm
29th Aug 2011, 21:47
Announcement at 22:00 GMT.
Current GMT time is 21:47
Summer time advances one hour, but GMT stays the same. BST, does not equal GMT.

ArchangelX
29th Aug 2011, 21:47
Oh damn...I get it...it's a link, I think...gotta add it to DeusEx.com?

CJ78
29th Aug 2011, 21:48
I make that a semi-colon before GI6 - might be my slightly warped eyes, though.

You're correct it's ";"

froghawk
29th Aug 2011, 21:48
Okay, mate. Thief: Deadly Shadows for driving under influence? I'm

ZakKa89
29th Aug 2011, 21:55
getting a little closer :

okM8 : ok mate

+Ds4 = This is for ............................

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

exact same reaction :lmao:

Erogath
29th Aug 2011, 22:06
I don't think it's any kind of leetspeak code. It looks like a url to me

froghawk
29th Aug 2011, 22:09
Well, it's 5 minutes past. Anything yet?

miraa
29th Aug 2011, 22:13
Quarter after the hour now... I'm assuming the code is the message

So any idea what it is or what it means?

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 22:19
Getting rid of the okM8+- and putting the rest after deusex.com/ just brings me to the home page. Trying it with the okM8+- gives me a 404

edit: a quick comparison of the source code for deusex.com/Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7:G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

and deusex.com/ doesn't show any differences

edit2: nevermind, putting anything after deusex.com/ does the same thing. My meager computer skils have failed

Erogath
29th Aug 2011, 22:23
Getting rid of the okM8+- and putting the rest after deusex.com/ just brings me to the home page. Trying it with the okM8+- gives me a 404

yea same here when I tried a few combinations best I too could come up with is the homepage.

Jack Corban
29th Aug 2011, 22:24
anyone tried to look at it as an equasion ?

there are + and - and = in it

Daeda
29th Aug 2011, 22:25
Its not an URl trick. It contains multiple question marks. In web language, when you enter a question mark after a (php) url, you get to enter the parameters to process. After that, you only use ampersands to specify new ones. Look at the url of the forum to get an idea. A second question mark wouldnt work, so im pretty sure its not a link. Its either giberish that will translate over the next few days, or its leetspeak.

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 22:25
Oh goodie. Everyone loves ARGs. What's better than being told information when you can spend hours of your time working it out?

Come on. At least with GLaDoS @ Home there was the chance to do something cool. And why do I get the horrible feeling that all the decoded version will say is "48 hours until official announcement!"

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 22:28
Edit: double post

Maybe it's just a glitch of some sort? Some kind of programming error on Eidos' end?

Jewseph
29th Aug 2011, 22:28
http://blog.onlive.com/2011/08/25/ready-for-a-revolutionary-video-game-event/

I just noticed this on the Main page...

Is this new... Possibly deals with this??? Idk. lol

Atlus
29th Aug 2011, 22:33
Guys the link is trash. That link has been up for hours...

Alegis
29th Aug 2011, 22:36

Hell, i hope this isnt the announcement... that would make me very sad...

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 22:37

I hope not, that would be a big FU! to everyone that's not using OnLive

Rtech
29th Aug 2011, 22:38

This has been up before the announcement. I don't use OnLive anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

miraa
29th Aug 2011, 22:39
That onlive thing has been up for days, I really doubt that's the announcement

clone18
29th Aug 2011, 22:39
The message is:

okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.l6=74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

It's "G.l6" not "G.I6". It's a lowercase L. If it was an 'I' it would be lowercase like "Dui?".

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 22:41
Just reloaded the game, now it's saying the DX sever is offline and to try again later. It's looking more like it was just some kind of error that they're in the middle of fixing

finc.Loki
29th Aug 2011, 22:41
How anti-climactic.

I was hoping for a DLC city hub, perhaps an announcement that they will give us a nice patch with Montreal hub included for free.
Since it was suppose to be in the game to begin with, we all heard it through trailers and previews etc.

I sincerely hope it has NOTHING to do with Onlive, since as a Canadian ( and 99.5% of the world, except US and UK), it means NOTHING to me, we don't get it here and I already OWN the game.

A surprise should be a GOOD thing.

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 22:43
How anti-climactic.

I was hoping for a DLC city hub, perhaps an announcement that they will give us a nice patch with Montreal hub included for free.
Since it was suppose to be in the game to begin with, we all heard it through trailers and previews etc.

We still don't know what the announcement is, so don't give up hope yet.

mad825
29th Aug 2011, 22:44
This is the best I've gotten so far:

Driver: San Francisco Driving under the influence him is us? hm so Be us

Tell me, am I cold or bloody freezing cold? >.>

Jewseph
Ah, see i did not know how long that was up, and that was the only thing different I saw, but since now the deus ex server is down, maybe they are fixing the message. Any... minute... now... Maybe.

Fox89
The message is:

Check out my attempt to decipher it:

Trol....lol....lol....lol....lol....lol.....lol

Interesting.

Jewseph
29th Aug 2011, 22:47
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's updated... But it's a ******* mess again.

Rivvik
29th Aug 2011, 22:47
The announcement was supposed to be about the new Eidos Montreal pet cat, Auggy. However said cat walked on the keyboard and that's what we got.

DeRicheau
29th Aug 2011, 22:48
Its just come up with another one

5 - /! f/ f q / x c/ q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / jH

Jewseph
29th Aug 2011, 22:49
It now says "5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j #"

killfish
29th Aug 2011, 22:53
CHECK SUM / MESSAGE DIGEST

MD2 2fefd0d8aceb8aa7cb1667cccc25e0a3
MD4 af7257aa612ebdd9658eefe4da77faf8
MD5 c43c7d95234a2693ad35803605cc984e
CRC 8, ccitt, 16, 32

CRYPT(form: $ MD5? $ SALT $ CRYPT):
$1$NecUpKeM$rpnEEZCKTvG6OV.zIRZM1
____(form: SALT[2] CRYPT[11]):
psiSLye4MITTY

SHA1:
93391f17b9baa6e9d3b4220b09466b64373efc70
RIPEMD-160:
__2e70e760fb627c055a973345872aae97434e6e52

TRANSLATION FOLLOWS

breaker nine begin
subject witness
prognosis seen too much
site eighteenth hangar
inventory foreign life forms
state suspended cryogenics
risk nominal
solution selective amnesia
bravo kilo actual
end transmission

DeRicheau
29th Aug 2011, 22:53
sorry, should be:

5 - /! f/ f q / x c/ q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j #

Reven
29th Aug 2011, 22:54
So the big announcement is ?....nothing to announce.

Rtech
29th Aug 2011, 22:54
Looks like it is going to be updating every minute or so and eventually we will see the message.

Charadesmith
29th Aug 2011, 22:57
EM is toying with us :o

badmonk
29th Aug 2011, 23:05
report back all findings here please guys :)

Redmumba
29th Aug 2011, 23:07
Grrr, the server for XBox 360 has been down for 20 minutes, so I'm not seeing any of these updates. I wish Eidos would at least say, "This is it; figure it out," or "Whoops, Steve fell asleep with his head pressing the keys for the live feed." :x

Black-Xero
29th Aug 2011, 23:10
EM is toying with us :o

It's pretty entertaining IMO. Just hopefully it's a worthy announcement. If it's DLC then I'm good.

Jack Corban
29th Aug 2011, 23:13
Deus Ex 4 announcement Obviously! Duh!:nut:

dbgager
29th Aug 2011, 23:19
Possibly the first one is the code..the 2nd is a cypher of some kind. There is a definite pattern in the 2nd. Exactly 2 characters between each slash..

badmonk
29th Aug 2011, 23:20
It's pretty entertaining IMO. Just hopefully it's a worthy announcement. If it's DLC then I'm good.

yeah i love stuff like this tbh!! they are prob doing it this way on purpose to get us fired up and excited lol!! and its working!!!
but i too, hope its something awesome!!

maybe this ^^
or a Thief 4 demo!!!! :D:D:D

Fox89
29th Aug 2011, 23:21

By the time anyone deciphers it it probably will be! :)

yeah i love stuff like this tbh!!

Don't encourage them!

The Coca Cola Company
29th Aug 2011, 23:26
Possibly the first one is the code..the 2nd is a cypher of some kind. There is a definite pattern in the 2nd. Exactly 2 characters between each slash..

Note the "5 - ab/cd/ef/.." pattern.

I mean if it's indeed a code, "5" is probably the key to deciphering it as it stands alone.

miraa
29th Aug 2011, 23:30
Note the "5 - ab/cd/ef/.." pattern.

I mean if it's indeed a code, "5" is probably the key to deciphering it as it stands alone.

That's what I thought at first, but then I wondered if the "5 -" was just the first of the set

Yardwaste
29th Aug 2011, 23:31
What a waste of time.

Mobius32
29th Aug 2011, 23:37
What a waste of time.

What a buzzkill

ricardosamuel1961
29th Aug 2011, 23:38
What a waste of time.

Yup. People clutching at straws. Announcement is probably going to be along the lines of: "We'll unlock 3 new pieces of art work if you friend us on Facebook!!!"

DarkKnight28
29th Aug 2011, 23:41
This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Black-Xero
29th Aug 2011, 23:43
This is getting a bit ridiculous.

We'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to see the full announcement.

tZer
29th Aug 2011, 23:45
Yep, this wasn't really worth the anticipation... yet. ;)

danielmm88
29th Aug 2011, 23:47
breaker nine begin
subject witness
prognosis seen too much
site eighteenth hangar
risk nominal
bravo kilo actual
end transmission

The Coca Cola Company
29th Aug 2011, 23:52
breaker nine begin
subject witness
prognosis seen too much
site eighteenth hangar
risk nominal
bravo kilo actual
end transmission

This has been posted before in the previous page, again with no explanation how you can decode the codes to get this message.

Care to explain or..?

Yaguar
29th Aug 2011, 23:55
Got 2 things at mind if it is anything at all...

1) Part cypher released slowly. The first being the message and each part after being the cypher. If the corresponding symbol after each was the cypher e.g. /xc/qy/ where x appearing means c and q appearing means y then the current message falls (I think):

okM8-+Ds4DuiclMh$Mzvm14SBye7;G.l6=74bxmkh-4-Ki60d+98XBpCku7

If a capital is distinctly different (so D is not the same as d because d would mean 3).

2) It has something to do with the numbers:
First Message:
8, 4, 14, 7, 6, 74, 45, 60, 98, 7 (without mathematical symbols)
8 -+ 4 14 7.6 = 74 - 45 60 + 98 (X) 7
Second Message:
5, 3
5 - 3

Option 3:
It's the god damn Illuminati again!

miraa
29th Aug 2011, 23:55
That message is from an email found on a terminal in "Hangar 18", a room in the Singapore Facility

It's just an easter egg alluding to the aliens in Deus Ex 1

The Coca Cola Company
29th Aug 2011, 23:59
That message is from an email found on a terminal in "Hangar 18", a room in the Singapore Facility

I guess I haven't reached that point yet. :)

Stoopid_Snot
30th Aug 2011, 00:16

Aliens? As far as I remember it wasn't aliens (only mistaken for them), they where humans but injected with Denton's DNA or Cells that made them mutate or something along those lines
as far as i remember how it was explained in IW (tho IW wasn't developed by EM so it may be as well aliens)

xeoncat
30th Aug 2011, 00:19
this is a bit pointless without knowing what is what. But what I've found so far is:
- it does look like AES-256 or 128, or DES, or even a wireless WAP key.
- the ; could be a separator or not.
- the second message could be the password to the first
- the second message could be two passwords if you organize it in 2 columns:
5-
!f
fq
xc
qy
d3
?x
t$
j#

- I installed OpenSSL for windows and tried to decrypt it, but until now, no luck. (followed these instructions http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/12/12/simple-file-encryption-with-openssl/)

either that or this is really simple and I'm missing the obvious

Boradam
30th Aug 2011, 00:19
Aliens? As far as I remember it wasn't aliens (only mistaken for them), they where humans but injected with Denton's DNA or Cells that made them mutate or something along those lines
as far as i remember how it was explained in IW (tho IW wasn't developed by EM so it may be as well aliens)

They were Hairless Monkies genetically modified.

Messy
30th Aug 2011, 00:24

Grays are the products of experiments undertaken by the Majestic-12-operated company, VersaLife. The Grays are created by crossing alien DNA retrieved from the Roswell Crash with human DNA and other genomes,
Wikipedia(c)

Ashpolt
30th Aug 2011, 00:28
breaker nine begin
subject witness
prognosis seen too much
site eighteenth hangar
risk nominal
bravo kilo actual
end transmission

Haha, I hope this is real, it definitely shows off JFD's metal tendencies if so - bits of that are scrambled lyrics for Megadeth's Hangar 18.

(Yes, I'm aware that's also a location in the game. But...well, just check the lyrics. (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/megadeth/hangar+18_20091436.html))

Stoopid_Snot
30th Aug 2011, 00:29
Grays are the products of experiments undertaken by the Majestic-12-operated company, VersaLife. The Grays are created by crossing alien DNA retrieved from the Roswell Crash with human DNA and other genomes,
Wikipedia(c)

yeah just checked myself, was only half right (was ages since played DE and IW)

froghawk
30th Aug 2011, 00:32
Wait, was that actually the case in the original or was it only revealed in IW? I got the sense that they could be actual aliens from the original then IW shattered that and turned them into super-soldiers.

Pretty dumb for grays fused with humans, though.

Stoopid_Snot
30th Aug 2011, 00:45
Wait, was that actually the case in the original or was it only revealed in IW? I got the sense that they could be actual aliens from the original then IW shattered that and turned them into super-soldiers.

Pretty dumb for grays fused with humans, though.

according to wiki it was the case in the original, or was it? anyway here is the link http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Gray

Waladil
30th Aug 2011, 00:58
I don't recall them ever being explained that much in the original (been years since I beat it though.) I recall them shooting me with mind-bullets and living in a radioactive atmosphere, though.

thetrac3r
30th Aug 2011, 01:33
sigh.

We never asked for this.

binarydragon
30th Aug 2011, 01:44
sigh.

We never asked for this.

lol. Brilliant.

Any news?

Nokturnalex
30th Aug 2011, 01:49
I don't recall them ever being explained that much in the original (been years since I beat it though.) I recall them shooting me with mind-bullets and living in a radioactive atmosphere, though.

I played it all the through right before I played HR.

Yea they were barely explained but I remember something about hairless monkeys, cloning original samples of dead aliens and yea they lived in Radioactive environments and could shoot radioactive mind-bullets at you lol.

I found them more comical then anything. "Ok guys, lets have JC infiltrate Area 51 and find aliens! Yeah! Totally dude!"

Waladil
30th Aug 2011, 01:53
I played it all the through right before I played HR.

Yea they were barely explained but I remember something about hairless monkeys, cloning original samples of dead aliens and yea they lived in Radioactive environments and could shoot radioactive mind-bullets at you lol.

I found them more comical then anything. "Ok guys, lets have JC infiltrate Area 51 and find aliens! Yeah! Totally dude!"

Either that or they were supposed to be a "Woah. ***** be wack, yo" moment. (Or maybe "So how did Majestic 12 manage to get so much power?" "Aliens.")

Daedatheus
30th Aug 2011, 02:00
Haha, I hope this is real, it definitely shows off JFD's metal tendencies if so - bits of that are scrambled lyrics for Megadeth's Hangar 18.

(Yes, I'm aware that's also a location in the game. But...well, just check the lyrics. (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/megadeth/hangar+18_20091436.html))

Hahaha that email is clearly just a fun reference to the Megadeth track, which luckily fits in with the in-game location and potential DX1 stuff. JFD loves his metal, and that's a funny clever way to slip in another reference to another piece of media.

I hope no one is taking too much stock in that email after reading the Megadeth lyrics.

jcd3nt0n
30th Aug 2011, 02:01
I want DLC! What the hell is this ? http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/11/wthq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/wthq.jpg/)

knicks21
30th Aug 2011, 02:15
sooooooooooooo what was the announcement?!?

NavalFC
30th Aug 2011, 02:17
sooooooooooooo what was the announcement?!?

who knows. Looks they are stretching this out. I dont know why they cant just come out and say it

Random
30th Aug 2011, 02:34
according to wiki it was the case in the original, or was it? anyway here is the link http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Gray

There are no aliens in Deus Ex. The transgenics are just that: genetic experiments on animals.

There's an email from Bob Page in DX1 that sheds more light on it.

>I'd like to investigate the possibility of resurrecting
>the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932), with
>an eye towards recreating the "Gray" lifeform - while
>the project was deemed a failure at the time, it _was_
>successful as a propaganda tactic in diverting attention
>away from actual Dreamland research. With recent advances
>in genetic science, the Gray lifeform could be engineered
>to protect MJ12 facilities while also serving as a useful
>bit of meme indirection.

That confirms it: all the conspiracy theories about aliens at Area 51 was intentional misdirection on the part of the Illuminati/MJ-12 designed to hide their real projects involving AIs, Echelon, and other surveillance technologies.

Harshmage
30th Aug 2011, 02:35
It looks like a Vigenere cipher, bit with the added characters, possibly a Gronsfeld, if the 5 is separate from the rest of the cipher.

NavalFC
30th Aug 2011, 02:38
It looks like a Vigenere cipher, bit with the added characters, possibly a Gronsfeld, if the 5 is separate from the rest of the cipher.

Whatever it is, the announcement better be epic, otherwise it is going to be the most stupid announcement method in VG history :P

Rtech
30th Aug 2011, 02:50
Whatever it is, the announcement better be epic, otherwise it is going to be the most stupid announcement method in VG history :P

I don't think the announcement is going to be epic. They might be just adding a multiplayer portion to the game and have like a Mann Economy thing going on so they could make more money.

ArchangelX
30th Aug 2011, 03:00
This is going to go down in history as the most borked up Announcement thingy ever, seriously.

For the record, I've been playing non-stop since I posted in this thread earlier. Damn, I love this game.

10hellfire01
30th Aug 2011, 03:27
This will definitely be funny if they really did screw it up and everyone's been trying so hard to decipher nonsense the whole time :lmao:

Jack Corban
30th Aug 2011, 03:37
so still nothing ?

town3r
30th Aug 2011, 03:41
message so far.

okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.l6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

5-/!f/fq/xc/qy/d3/?x/t$/j#

knicks21
30th Aug 2011, 04:30
its seems like everyone has managed to dechipher, "ok mate"but doesnt that seem a little to easy, while the rest is so cryptic? i think that its just to throw people off.

Artichoke_D
30th Aug 2011, 04:38
guys if you watch the credits the names appear first as code before quickly changing to english, it might be the same code
I took a lot of steam screenshots during the credits because the code changes too fast, and I got one word at least
O /$^+= changes into O'Malley (I think the O had already changed)
I uploaded the screenshots to my steam account of the same name as this one if you want to look

elasticdemand
30th Aug 2011, 05:07
guys if you watch the credits the names appear first as code before quickly changing to english, it might be the same code
I took a lot of steam screenshots during the credits because the code changes too fast, and I got one word at least
O /$^+= changes into O'Malley (I think the O had already changed)
I uploaded the screenshots to my steam account of the same name as this one if you want to look

Doesn't work. Characters don't match up.

Renegen
30th Aug 2011, 05:28
I wanted to throw my hat into the ring. Apparently no one has been able to decypher any of this! I know a tiny bit about cryptocraphy(not a pro :whistle:) and as such I hope to spearhead some solution.
Ok first, the way that classic cryptography works is that you need to know the patterns to recognize them. If you're starting from scratch, as many people are doing, the message can only be understood with a tremendous effort and creativity. Failing that, the easiest way is to find patterns and models, I think this is the way to go.
I recommend to everyone to read the wikipedia article on cryptography and also anything else they may come across. That is afterall the fun of trying to decyphering this text! Myself, I am only doing the same.

So what do we have? We have this:

Or written differently:

o k M 8 - + D s 4 D u i ? l M h $ M z v m 1 4 S B q e 7 ; G . l 6 = u 7 4 b ? m k h - 4 5 k i 6 O d + 9 8 X B p C k u 7

5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j #

I believe that's all we'll need. The only understanding of cryptography that we may need to solve this are three easy definitions:
plaintext: the plain written text that we are trying to get
cyphertext: the garbled text that means nothing
cypher: the algorithm that is used to convert the plaintext into the cyphertext.

Here's an example of a cypher, the best known and easiest, Caesar's cypher. Caesar needed to send messages all across the Roman Empire, but he didn't want them understood by the enemy. So he encrypted them. "Enemy ahead" would be translated to "hqhpb dkhdg". What he used was substitute each letter with a letter 3 steps ahead in the alphabet, known as substitution cypher. For all intents and purpose, this is how we can represent this:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A B C

So, if you wanted to write an E, you instead wrote an H. Every letter you have, you add 3 to get your cyphertext.

Another way to write it is:
Plaintext:
ENEMYAHEAD
cyphertext:
HQHPBDKHDG
cypher: (substitution)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A B C

Anyway, as I mentioned in the beginning of this post, the most important thing we can do to succeed is to recognize patterns. Different cyphers leave different marks. A substitution cypher (and some others) can be detected by the fact that the cypher is based on the alphabet. In other words, there are 26 letters in the alphabet, and 26 letters in the cypher. Why is this important? Because the HR coded message has 26 characters!

Count the number of characters and you get 26. That's our first clue! :cool: This doesn't meant that what we have in front of us is a substitution cypher, since some characters repeat themselves ( like / and f), but it leads us somewhere. Personally I think that each time the character "/" is typed it means the cypher is only half complete, but it still doesn't explain everything. What we CAN put together is this:

Plaintext:
???????????????????
cyphertext:
o k M 8 - + D s 4 D u i ? l M h $ M z v m 1 4 S B q e 7 ; G . l 6 = u 7 4 b ? m k h - 4 5 k i 6 O d + 9 8 X B p C k u 7
cypher:

Happy decyphering. From here on, it's all about pattern recognition, trial and error and hard won creativity. I will continue my own work on this, but I'd love your posts too :thumb:

BloodDoll
30th Aug 2011, 05:35
http://www.blisstonia.com/software/WebDecrypto/ frustrating though

elasticdemand
30th Aug 2011, 05:46
Some people are saying that all the characters are valid for a URI or URL string. Might be a webpage?

Jack Corban
30th Aug 2011, 05:48
http://www.blisstonia.com/software/WebDecrypto/ frustrating though

5-/!t/ th/ey/ ha/v3/?e/ b$/u# looks familiar

S**t they have been BS us ?

miraa
30th Aug 2011, 05:50
Interesting post Renegen

I suppose we might be expected to believe that the cipher could be read as:

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Perhaps the reverse is also true, though?

z y x w v u t s r q p o n m l k j i h g f e d c b a

Trying to shove these letters into the corresponding bits on the original code, but not seeing anything exciting... just more gibberish.

Buccura
30th Aug 2011, 06:04
Eidos Montreal must be watching all this with an almost perverse sense of amusement.

Tjeerd84
30th Aug 2011, 06:08
I am more like: if they want to tell their customers something, then just say it. If they give something like this code, which actually could be impossible to decipher, then I won't be interested. It's not like any lives are depending on this and I would rather play Deus Ex then looking at a bunch of letter.

Also, we know they want to tell us something. The best strategy in this case is to stop deciphering. If they notice we all have given up, they will come forward to reveal the secret, since they don't want to lose the attention they got right now. No point in revealing the secret too late, when possibly no one is interested in it anymore.

KingNL
30th Aug 2011, 06:11
Some hardcore fans will always continue trying to decipher it and they know that

ellipso
30th Aug 2011, 06:12
It says:

"DRINK MORE OVALTINE"

N3X15
30th Aug 2011, 06:19
It's not Base64 encoded, it's not URLEncoded, the second message doesn't describe replacement characters (in either order), and when converted to hex it doesn't mean diddly squat.

KingNL
30th Aug 2011, 06:25
I don't think the announcement is going to be epic. They might be just adding a multiplayer portion to the game and have like a Mann Economy thing going on so they could make more money.

Adding multiplayer not epic?

Oh wow

miraa
30th Aug 2011, 06:26
Thinking that maybe we're approaching this the wrong way.

Something to notice is that in the first code, there is a clear distinction made between CAPS letters and lowercase letters. In the second code, all letters are lowercase. There also appears to be no real pattern to the first code, while most encrypted text will usually demonstrate a few observable patterns (such as repetitive use of certain strings like "the" "and" "or" "of" etc... we see nothing like this. At least as far as I can see. Looked for words like those and did not see any. The inclusion of caps also radically changes things.

I'm starting to guess that, due to its short-lived nature... only an hour or so up, that the first code may be a red herring intended to throw us off or simply a system glitch. It also first appeared BEFORE the announcement was due.

Anyway, looking at the 2nd code, I noticed a few symbols are repeated.

5 : 1
- : 1
/ : 8
! : 1
f : 2
q : 2
x : 2
c : 1
y : 1
d : 1
3 : 1
? : 1
t : 1
$ : 1
j : 1
# : 1

Or, in order of appearance: 1181222111111111

These numbers do anything for anyone?

KingNL
30th Aug 2011, 06:30
If they notice we really aren't moving forward they will use an undercover account to push us in the right direction saying "hey guys look I deciphered the first 2 characters!!"

Or something like that, they always do that.

miraa
30th Aug 2011, 06:33
Well, making even further tinfoil hat jumps I put the frequency of appearance in the slashes (disregarding the slashes) and got

11 / 12 / 22 / 21 / 11 / 11 / 11 / 11 / 11

Tried 11/12/22 as a "birthdate" in the Deusex.com website, but didn't get anything for it.

DeadlyAppliance
30th Aug 2011, 06:40
glitches happen

but if anything I still think the first message is two URL's or some how combine to make one, and then substitute in the characters from the cypher to make a working address

these things typically end up being a url, hastily thrown together webpage 9 times out of 10

edit:

what about that viral Serif site they through up a few months ago?

depresso

Try putting in 22/12/2021... i put it in and the website says "Sorry, You cannot access this content at this time".

@DOB...
Dammit, didnt think of that lol...

KingNL
You tried 2022 or 1922

Darkonus
30th Aug 2011, 06:41
Well, making even further tinfoil hat jumps I put the frequency of appearance in the slashes (disregarding the slashes) and got

11 / 12 / 22 / 21 / 11 / 11 / 11 / 11 / 11

Tried 11/12/22 as a "birthdate" in the Deusex.com website, but didn't get anything for it.

I think I got it, continuing on with the birthdate idea if you take out the 1's in the begining and end that leaves just 8/12/22, you enter that and you get the "Sorry you cannot access this content at this time", gfx.

KingNL
30th Aug 2011, 06:43
I think I got it, continuing on with the birthdate idea if you take out the 1's in the begining and end that leaves just 8/12/22, you enter that and you get the "Sorry you cannot access this content at this time", gfx.

That message shows up because you are not yet 18 and thus aren't able to watch the explicit content on the website -_-

NKD
30th Aug 2011, 06:47
So... nothing? Disappointing.

Jack Corban
30th Aug 2011, 06:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJjJwvOxu9s Anyone?

miraa
30th Aug 2011, 06:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJjJwvOxu9s Anyone?

Bob Page is gonna show up at my house and take me to Area 51 if I solve this... I quit...

Jordasm
30th Aug 2011, 07:01
Oh god seriously? We have to solve a code?
Reminds me of the Valve arg thing, and I just got sick of that.

jtr7
30th Aug 2011, 07:23
Is it compensation for the Gamestop/OnLive debacle? :p

Raditude
30th Aug 2011, 07:23
I know 90 percent of the people here are too lazy to spend time deciphering the code. I used to enjoy puzzles, but 7 years of console gaming has melted my brain. Now I wait impatiently while the 10% work their magic, while I sit here all slackjawed. What could it be? ***** augmentation, a new innovation by Ron Jeremy.

BLeys
30th Aug 2011, 07:27
Here's a thought: The game is all about Renaissance so maybe it is a cypher from then? In a rush so can't test anything but Alberti Disk and second code provides the alignment progression?

miraa
30th Aug 2011, 07:38
Well, its almost 3am here and I'm no closer to solving this than I was 10 hours ago

So I give up... maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out, or maybe Eidos will release more info tomorrow

Hope it at least leads to something cool though... like new game content.

flib
30th Aug 2011, 08:25
I wonder if this has something to do with:

PC Command Line
PC has some `command line`things people will find :)
I tried typing in both things into a random computer in-game, but of course it didn't work.

Deus_Ex_Machina
30th Aug 2011, 08:56
Could it possibly have something to do with the QR Bar Code contest? (http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/124314479.html)

jcd3nt0n
30th Aug 2011, 09:14
Could it possibly have something to do with the QR Bar Code contest? (http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/124314479.html)

Let's hope not! I want DLC badly! New weapons / augs / missions / hubs / everything! Ç_Ç

Biggus
30th Aug 2011, 09:17
Is says Eliza Cassan is pregnant with Icarus

thefang01
30th Aug 2011, 09:19
Hm, ok, let's try to sum this up.

I think we can be pretty certain that this part is the encrypted message:

...and this the key:

Fun facts:

The key has exactly 26 characters, hinting at some kind of substitution cipher. I tried a few, but it always comes out gibberish that also doesn't look like an URL or Base64 encoding.
Every third character is a "/"

The latter could mean that every character other than the slash might be part of a pair, the first being "5-" and so on.
--> The fifth character of the code is a "-". Coincidence? But then, neither "!" nor "f" are part of the code. Could be that "!" needs to be interpreted as "not" like its used in many programming languages, but that might be far fetched...

There's a boatload of things one could try with this.. I gotta think about this some more :)

TROOPER181st
30th Aug 2011, 09:31
the fastest way to decript it ?

send the code to the NSA or CIA or some other homeland security agency ...before you know it BAMM !! SWAT teams at EIdos Montreal office with an appology on this thread :lol: that will teach them....

Tetharion
30th Aug 2011, 09:36
Hm, ok, let's try to sum this up.

nice summary, thank you :)

just a heads up, I'm pretty sure the lowercase L you used are uppercase I's in the announcement,
so the code would be like:

okM8-+Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

demonbox
30th Aug 2011, 09:36
the fastest way to decript it ?

send the code to the NSA or CIA or some other homeland security agency ...before you know it BAMM !! SWAT teams at EIdos Montreal office with an appology on this thread :lol: that will teach them....

:lol:

that said, as i take my time to play a game, i don't like spending hours on this kind of puzzles (if it is an intended one at all), so gl to everyone enjoying it, i'll simply wait for some of you to find it out, in the while i'll keep on playin

elasticdemand
30th Aug 2011, 09:37
Man I'm tired of all this ARG stuff. It's a gimmick that has outlived its novelty.

inb4 it's just a server error.

raz3r
30th Aug 2011, 09:38
I was thinking about MD5 or SHA but assuming each character is a 7 bit ASCII we have a total amount of 208 bits. There's no SHA-208 unfortunately :/

MadD4mon
30th Aug 2011, 09:58
Maybe this is another hint? I found this via Bluesnews.com.

http://pastebin.com/DkvJjh3w

The second line is identical to the first message we got.

eaterofdreams
30th Aug 2011, 10:06
I'd just like to point out a couple things really quick. Note the ; which, unless it's another piece of the cypher script, often represents a carriage or new line of code. So that may be a break in which there are two sentences to be decrypted seperately or even a change to a different cypher. I did run these through decrypto after removing the slashes in the second code as they may just be seperators to identify paired sets here's a couple things that came out:

1st half
b lE8-+Ad4 A mo?vE r$Ecke14D Wit75-!h his fina3? sp$u#

(and after removing numbers and symbols)
i mE A cAnswEr ExpeCKob5-!y you do fa3?ul$t#

2nd half
O.u6l74d? sev-45Er60 a+98ND tHel75-!p p in him a3?ny$ w#

(after numbers and symbols pulled)
Us trifI woNTe Dis5-!h hand alo3?ng$ j#

Nothing good but maybe that'll spark someone.

As far as the l/i goes I originally thought it was a capital I too but as it's no longer up I can't get a good luck maybe someone on pc should take a good long look at it.

I was beginning to wonder if maybe something is extra or left out. Just a thought.

Also guys... we don't even know what we're looking for in the end result. It could be a phrase, it could be a url, it could even be a small chunk of a url or piece of code to slap into something else altogether.

Tetharion
30th Aug 2011, 10:07

it's just the output of a program trying to "+1" every individual character (n, o, p, q, r,..) trying to find something

As far as the l/i goes I originally thought it was a capital I too but as it's no longer up I can't get a good luck maybe someone on pc should take a good long look at it.

Here is a picture:
http://i.imgur.com/VOVo6.jpg

It's the same size as the I in revolution

Turic
30th Aug 2011, 10:10
MadD4mon, no, it simple ascii-code charset move.
for example, "A" have 60 ascii code, then "B" have 61...
and from "okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki6Od+98XBpCku7" we can get "plN9.,Et5Evj@mNi%N{wn25TCrf8<H/J7>v85c@nli.56Lj7Pe,:9YCqDlv8" or "njL7,*Cr3Cth>kLg#Lyul03RApd6:F-H5<t63a>ljg,34Jh5Nc*87WAoBjt6" as in your link. but it only garbage(

LostLogic
30th Aug 2011, 10:12

Nice find.
Also, it's repeating.
First line is identical to line 373
Second line (from the game) is identical to line 374.

MadD4mon, no, it simple ascii-code charset move.
for example, "A" have 60 ascii code, then "B" have 61...
and from "okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki6Od+98XBpCku7" we can get "plN9.,Et5Evj@mNi%N{wn25TCrf8<H/J7>v85c@nli.56Lj7Pe,:9YCqDlv8" or "njL7,*Cr3Cth>kLg#Lyul03RApd6:F-H5<t63a>ljg,34Jh5Nc*87WAoBjt6" as in your link. but it only garbage(

Meh... So it's probably just one of us doing some experiments then...

jaywalker2309
30th Aug 2011, 10:14
Hmm me wondering if a cat was walking across the keyboard at the time ;)

Syvere
30th Aug 2011, 10:28
Eidos y u b trolling us?

But in all seriousness, I hope someone cracks it soon, I'd take a look at it myself, but too much work to do. :(

badmonk
30th Aug 2011, 10:29
Hmm me wondering if a cat was walking across the keyboard at the time ;)

red herring then :)

Turic
30th Aug 2011, 10:36
maybe its like at anime "Death Note", when killer write a joke to policeman "Sinigami like apples" :D

AgentExeider
30th Aug 2011, 10:50
ok where is this part from

i know 5-/!f/fq/xc/qy/d3/?x/t$/j# this is from in game, but where is the first part from, i would like to see where this is from.

Isilwen Nightfall
30th Aug 2011, 10:53
ok where is this part from

i know 5-/!f/fq/xc/qy/d3/?x/t$/j# this is from in game, but where is the first part from, i would like to see where this is from.

The first part was in-game too. Just before the second one appeared.

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 11:09
Greetings peeps!

Was the cat crossing the keyboard while the first clue being typed out or during the second disclosure?
Seems to me the cat was conveniently twistin' the night away so as to confuse thousands of gamers worldwide.

So: How many legs does Auggy stand upon? Is Auggy an augmented cat? Where did you get that special dancing floor/keyboard? In other words, is it all keyboard layout related? (that is how I felt when I saw q and y put together)

AgentExeider
30th Aug 2011, 11:17
im not sure but i'm wondering if the second has to do with key board positions of the keys

5- /!f /fq /xc /qy /d3 /?x /t$ /j#

2d3r 3l1u 1r 5r 2u 8l 1l1u 4l2u
5 4 1 5 2 8 2 6

legend: d=down, l=left, r=right, u=up.

could this mean anything, or is it a dead end?

or could the key mean your supposed to replace the first characters with the second, IE. replace every ! with an f, ever f with a q, and so on?

-AgentExeider

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 11:30
Hey admin.
can't they just say what they want..im not a programme to understand what you want to say and i have no augmentation do decode,so for normal people just say what you want to announce, and for the people who understand a little give them some lead or something to start at ,not just "here you something...find out what you want".This pisses of some people not entertain. I just registered for this.
Regards.

Waladil
30th Aug 2011, 11:51
1st half
b lE8-+Ad4 A mo?vE r$Ecke14D Wit75-!h his fina3? sp$u#

(and after removing numbers and symbols)
i mE A cAnswEr ExpeCKob5-!y you do fa3?ul$t#

2nd half
O.u6l74d? sev-45Er60 a+98ND tHel75-!p p in him a3?ny$ w#

(after numbers and symbols pulled)
Us trifI woNTe Dis5-!h hand alo3?ng$ j#

Nothing good but maybe that'll spark someone.

This guy seems to be on to something... Look at those. They're practically plain-text!
"I make Answer expect why you do fault"
"Us trifle wont this hand along"

Rearranging them in a semi-logical sense might give us
"Trifle(ing) wont make us hand along answers. Why do you expect this(?)"

Raddykal
30th Aug 2011, 11:54
we need Cole Phelps

NavalFC
30th Aug 2011, 12:00
wow... you guys really need to get a life
is clearly just a error... the code has nothing to do with anything, its a simple error
some people need to get out more...

bunch of fat n00bs

If that was the case wouldn't Eidos simply correct the error, or inform us? An Eidos employee has posted in this thread, and said nothing of an error.

elasticdemand
30th Aug 2011, 12:01
wow... you guys really need to get a life
is clearly just a error... the code has nothing to do with anything, its a simple error
some people need to get out more...

bunch of fat n00bs

Says the neckbeard posting on a video game forum...

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 12:04
If its an error why they not say it "Sorry we f.up!!" But no they send a nother code.And i not heard if ist an error.

eaterofdreams
30th Aug 2011, 12:06
This guy seems to be on to something... Look at those. They're practically plain-text!

I really never thought about combining them together like that. opens up a lot of possibilities as far as word dispersion order. Agentexeider may be onto something as well with the key orientation. I had previously thought the number of moves on the keyboard and tried matching up using an alphabet but dismissed it, that's a much better idea. someone should give that a try.

also since no one has mentioned it before 60 characters in the first code. 9 paired characters in the second. Just so it's out there so people have the info on hand.

Someone should probably fact gather from our posts and organize all our work. I'd do it myself but I'm burnt out from the 12 hours or so of working on this. I'll do it later if no one has taken care of it but for now I'm gonna sleep on it.

Turic
30th Aug 2011, 12:16
Kid, go home):nut:

Waladil
30th Aug 2011, 12:20
Guys, we should probably simply ignore Mr. ExDeus.
And if he gets on your nerves... just remember what else ED stands for.

Isilwen Nightfall
Don't feed the troll, please :)

Messy
lol.. get a life guys.. seriuosly.. how old r u?

thinking its a secret code, is just retarded

why would they sendt out a message saying "we ****d up", when théy dont even have time to acknowledge the stuttering problem with the game

Exit is on the Right top side of your browser. X button. If u so cool why the heck u still here?

As u can see part of players are entertained with riddles and like to make a little brainstorm.
It's cool that they just don't say " Look here is new DLC for 10bucks, go buy it'.

If u think it's retarded 'to think a little' just leave.

shazza3184
30th Aug 2011, 12:35
The lack of wit going on here is mind boggling.

Yaguar
30th Aug 2011, 12:36

Pretty good find, I'll put in sometime on this cypher again today when I get out from work. Did an hour or so last night but the progression has been pretty good considering we've come to his conclusion ourselves.

Spent sometime working with the numbers in it both and moving them to characters via everything and anything to no avail.

The one thing I find amusing about all this though is the game has been out less than a week (in the UK at least) and people are demanding answers be given, DLC be handed over and SDK's (which would be fun) be available right this minute. Boys and girls I'm afraid to say it but if they had DLC ready for the game within days of its release then surely that just means it was a bad unfinished game... and clearly from having completed it I can say that isn't the case at all. This is purely a bit of fun (or so I see it) based upon a game that is devoted to mystery and twists and nothing being what it seems. If you can't appreciate it (you don't have to like it) then you most likely thought that the Deus Ex series was just a FPS game like your beloved Halo...

Turic
30th Aug 2011, 12:38
Why Eidos dont make something like this code before launch the game?
Nothing special, but interesting)

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 12:38
Exit is on the Right top side of your browser. X button. If u so cool why the heck u still here?

As u can see part of players are entertained with riddles and like to make a little brainstorm.
It's cool that they just don't say " Look here is new DLC for 10bucks, go buy it'.

If u think it's retarded 'to think a little' just leave.

Think a little?? As i sayd i dont understand what they want..and as i sayd im not a programer..and as i sayd a know some of you enjoying this but some us "brainless" people want to know what they want and if thay want our money just say it normal like other company "like iw and treyarch". And no offence. And good luck to encode it ..realy;)

jaywalker2309
30th Aug 2011, 12:41
Our little `unhappy` friend is no longer with us.. normal service can resume.. altho am sure he'll try and come back..

Yaguar
30th Aug 2011, 12:46
Our little `unhappy` friend is no longer with us.. normal service can resume.. altho am sure he'll try and come back..

+1

zingmars
30th Aug 2011, 12:46
Someone should probably fact gather from our posts and organize all our work. I'd do it myself but I'm burnt out from the 12 hours or so of working on this. I'll do it later if no one has taken care of it but for now I'm gonna sleep on it.
We could use the Deus Ex Wiki for that (Unless someone has a better solution).

Messy
30th Aug 2011, 12:47
Think a little?? As i sayd i dont understand what they want..and as i sayd im not a programer..and as i sayd a know some of you enjoying this but some us "brainless" people want to know what they want and if thay want our money just say it normal like other company "like iw and treyarch". And no offence. And good luck to encode it ..realy;)

I don't speak for the whole fanbase, sry if i sound offensive.
But other side of coin is that lotta people will whine any way if it's just "go and pay"

Imagine this announcement as "there is nothing behind it, just part of lore" and after decryption BOOM!! "Eidos is additon 10000 new weapons, hubs, Storyline between DXHR and DX1"

Cuz even if they add ok 1 new hub, it's 2 more hours and than nothing.

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 12:51
But other side of coin is that lotta pipple will whine any way if is just "go and pay"

Imagine this announcement as "there is nothing behind it, just part of lore" and than after decryption BOOM!! "Eidos is additon 10000 new weapons, hubs, Storyline between DXHR and DX1"

True,true..:o

VormirUK
30th Aug 2011, 13:06
I got this with KRYPTOS:

ITWASTOTALLYINVISIBLEHOWSTHATPO
SSIBLE?THEYUSEDTHEEARTHSMAGNET
ICFIELDXTHEINFORMATIONWASGATHER
EDANDTRANSMITTEDUNDERGRUUNDTOANU
NKNOWNLOCATIONXDOESLANGLEYKNOWA
BOUTTHIS?THEYSHOULDITSBURIEDOUT
THERESOMEWHEREXWHOKNOWSTHEEXACTL
OCATION?ONLYWWTHISWASHISLASTMES
SAGEXTHIRTYEIGHTDEGREESFIFTYSE
VENMINUTESSIXPOINTFIVESECONDSNO
RTHSEVENTYSEVENDEGREESEIGHTMINU
TESFORTYFOURSECONDSWESTIDBYROWS

funny eh? lol

Abram730
30th Aug 2011, 13:10

Hex?
%35%2D%2F%21%66%2F%66%71%2F%78%63%2F%71%79%2F%64%33%2F%3F%78%2F%74%24%2F%6A%23

Unicode?
&#53;&#45;&#47;&#33;&#102;&#47;&#102;&#113;&#47;&#120;&#99;&#47;&#113;&#121;&#47;&#100;&#51;&#47;&#63;&#120;&#47;&#116;&#36;&#47;&#106;&#35;

Itkovian
30th Aug 2011, 13:11
But other side of coin is that lotta people will whine any way if it's just "go and pay"

Imagine this announcement as "there is nothing behind it, just part of lore" and after decryption BOOM!! "Eidos is additon 10000 new weapons, hubs, Storyline between DXHR and DX1"

To be fair, a new hub would not be 2 hours, not if it's anything like the hubs we do have.

The current hubs easily account for 10-15 hours of gameplay EACH.

Mind you, it could be a mini-hub, like Paris in DX1.

Itkovian

VormirUK
30th Aug 2011, 13:16
Now it makes more sense:

IT WAS TOTALLY INVISIBLE HOWS THAT POSSIBLE? THEY USED THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELD X THE INFORMATION WAS GATHERED AND TRANSMITTED UNDERGRUUND TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION X DOES LANGLEY KNOW ABOUT THIS? THEY SHOULD ITS BURIED OUT
THERE SOMEWHERE X WHO KNOWS THE EXACT LOCATION? ONLY WW THIS WAS HIS LAST MESSAGE X THIRTY EIGHT DEGREES FIFTY SEVE NMINUTES SIX POINT FIVE SECONDS NORTH SEVENTY SEVEN DEGREES EIGHT MINUTES FORTY FOUR SECONDS WEST x LAYER TWO

Coordinates to a weird building! CIA perhaps :) Use google.

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 13:19
Strange how these ways remind me of good old time gaming: A not so long time ago, I used to play Ultima. It was all about deciphering as well (serpent writing, signposts, and more...) I am really enjoying that type of "teasing". Considering W. Spektor & friends' ORIGINal ways (Lord British immediately comes to mind) I wouldn't be surprised if it was as big as expected by the community.

IMO, it could be one of three things, considering the amount of energy spent by the community to decipher it:

-It could be Deus Ex 4 annoucement (likely, considering the quick success of the third installement)
-It could be a remake of Deus Ex, but it would be less likely, because you know, Purity First (btw I looooove the Pink Floyd tags we get at Sarif Labs; those punks are true fans)
-It could be the Montreal Hub.

I'll bet on the Mont-Royal hub. As it was ready to be implemented, the hub area looks really cool (I'm not there yet, so all I have seen are illustrations) and, more important:
Folks, it is your own city you where forced to cut out because of deadlines! Now show us some honor!

PS: (Just noticed) 16 characters, 7 slashs. It COULD be an eight letters word.
NA, I must be dreaming...

PPS: jaycw2309, you rock as a moderator.

Tetharion
30th Aug 2011, 13:19
Now it makes more sense:

IT WAS TOTALLY INVISIBLE HOWS THAT POSSIBLE? THEY USED THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELD X THE INFORMATION WAS GATHERED AND TRANSMITTED UNDERGRUUND TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION X DOES LANGLEY KNOW ABOUT THIS? THEY SHOULD ITS BURIED OUT
THERE SOMEWHERE X WHO KNOWS THE EXACT LOCATION? ONLY WW THIS WAS HIS LAST MESSAGE X THIRTY EIGHT DEGREES FIFTY SEVE NMINUTES SIX POINT FIVE SECONDS NORTH SEVENTY SEVEN DEGREES EIGHT MINUTES FORTY FOUR SECONDS WEST x LAYER TWO

very nice find!
you mean the .net application kryptos?
what settings did you choose to verify it? thanks :)

VormirUK
30th Aug 2011, 13:20
To the mods and community, my apologies. I was having browser problems, hence the double post.

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 13:22
The Kryptos Group???
Wtf....

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 13:28
Now it makes more sense:

I don't get it... Is it related to the game?:scratch:

VormirUK
30th Aug 2011, 13:30
It's not, I just double checked and the KRYPTOS alphabet decoder I was using keeps spamming this as a result. even if you type "I love my car". So false alarm :(

Isilwen Nightfall
30th Aug 2011, 13:31
In fact, the two codes seems to be way too short to be conveying all that...

KiWiQc
This message (about the CIA) was used in GKNova6 for Call of Duty: Black Ops... Not for Deus Ex: Human Revolution ! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/GKNOVA6

Roland1580
I don't get it... Is it related to the game?:scratch:

It's Kryptos - famous sculpture located near CIA in Langley. I think it was a VormirUK's strange joke, because I don't see any relationship between game and kryptos

Tetharion
30th Aug 2011, 13:32
We have news from Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidAnfossi/status/108526784009617408

Well here's a hint to help you to crack the #DXHR #deusex code: r 5 / i e / y p

the full code would be:
5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j # / r 5 / i e / y p

Paraclete
30th Aug 2011, 13:33
The Kryptos Group???
Wtf....

No, not a group. Kryptos is a "statue" located on the grounds of the CIA.

zingmars
30th Aug 2011, 13:33
To the mods and community, my apologies. I was having browser problems, hence the double post.

You CAN delete your own posts btw.

VormirUK
30th Aug 2011, 13:35
Yep Isilwen you are correct. I believe the end result will be a URL.

KRYPTOS was used by the CIA. No wonder I was getting this text!

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 13:35
No, not a group. Kryptos is a "statue" located on the grounds of the CIA.

Oh i see ,thanks.

WarBaby2
30th Aug 2011, 13:36
Hehe, thought that was familiar. Solomons key... the DaVinci code! ;-)

Ok, then we will have to discipher on...

Messy
30th Aug 2011, 13:44
Damn i fell shame, that i can't crack that riddle ((

szacsee
30th Aug 2011, 13:48
Damn i fell shame, that i can't crack that riddle ((

Me too and this makes me mad.:mad2:

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 13:51
For those who are interested in knowing more about cryptography during the Renaissance Period (and also for those hackers wannabe like me who need a break from all this we didn't ask for...

Streaming, French subtitled in English, as the producer is French. "Honni Soit Qui Mal Y Pense"

http://www.marc-bielli.com/fr2.html

FatalSylence
30th Aug 2011, 13:52

the full code would be:

Interesting.

the_requiem
30th Aug 2011, 13:53
This is what we get on google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.954069,-77.142284&spn=0.010012,0.018389&z=16&vpsrc=6&iwloc=lyrftr:com.youtube.all,10741005540699939252,38.95225,-77.145717&lci=com.youtube.all

The LAYER TWO means turn on videos and this is the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/v/8AV5D9egH_I

zingmars
30th Aug 2011, 13:57

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.954069,-77.142284&spn=0.010012,0.018389&z=16&vpsrc=6&iwloc=lyrftr:com.youtube.all,10741005540699939252,38.95225,-77.145717&lci=com.youtube.all

We already concluded that this is unrelated.

Boradam
30th Aug 2011, 13:59

I think that this is going to turn into an ARG announcing an expansion about the Illuminati, for some straaange reason now.

Roland1580
30th Aug 2011, 14:02
@Boradam @the_requiem
Hey, guys, it's false report. Krypton is not about the game

demonbox
30th Aug 2011, 14:02
Interesting.

really?
yeh yeh i know i'm a dumbhead, still don't find those few more characters any more interesting than the earlier ones :scratch:
thou is cool to see some guys using their brains to figure it out (i'm serious), would be funny if it just lead to "u'r gonna pay x$ for the new DLC" thou :whistle:

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 14:03

the full code would be:

How do you know the last bit goes AFTER the first part?

KiWiQc
30th Aug 2011, 14:07
So we've got :
r 5 / i e / y p
And now from Stephane D'Astous : a d / u k / w 0
( http://twitter.com/#!/sdastous/status/108539875761995776 )
On Facebook now : b o / z v / 3 n / 4 h / 9 b / $ = / = 8 / s t / - 9

I'M GONNA BE CRAZYYYY

CrashmanX
30th Aug 2011, 14:09
Fresh off the Deus Ex Facebook posts we've got this

"Seriously, what's with the moonman language stuff?
b o / z v / 3 n / 4 h / 9 b / $ = / = 8 / s t / - 9, I mean come on."

S0ul_Killer
30th Aug 2011, 14:09
Hey there,

(Update due to facebook and twitter)

Here are my thoughts on the code (may they help someone ;) )
Some letters appear serveral times therefore i ordered them and came up with
r 5 - 9 b o
? x c
! f q y p
s t $ = 8
a d 3 n (adam?)
Not Used (till now):
j #
i e
z v
4 h
u k
w 0
There stille some missing, since not all letters appear mutliple times, but there is some of the code missing as well (as the recent tweet proves).
If you have the hole order that might be some alphabet that can be used to decode the very first message.
(Anyway I hadn't have the time to try that out with the fragments we have, since I have to play the game :D )

Greetings

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 14:15
At least we now know it is not a word, as they are adding stuff over time. So this cipher (if it is one) is dressed as a list of characters, not a word. Or maybe like a pattern that should be drawn on the keyboard itself? I cannot find no logical sequence in all this... Too much information, I'm lost, now!

the_requiem
30th Aug 2011, 14:16
@zingmars, @roland1580: My bad guys, should've read thread more carefully first. I don't think we got enough to decode it, yet, though am no expert on cryptography.

Any consensus on if this is just a substitution cipher or not?

Silentbutdeadly
30th Aug 2011, 14:24
Anyone checking for French since it's a Canadian studio they could be screwing with us by using a non-English plain text - other than that I have nothing useful to add

The 6th AI
30th Aug 2011, 14:31
Not sure if someone mentioned it. But the text i saw mentioned Moonman language.

Heres the thing, as soon as I saw the GIANT FLOATING MOON in Eliza Cassans map I knew she had to be the 6th AI from the first game. This person was written out due to time constraints or some such, and JC was actually meant to go to the moon to stop it from dropping asteroids on Nigeria. You may remember reading a few papers that mention that.

If this has people stumped. Maybe there is something in the game we have to find. Why dont we start with that hologram in Montreal

Messire
30th Aug 2011, 14:32
Anyone checking for French since it's a Canadian studio they could be screwing with us by using a non-English plain text - other than that I have nothing useful to add

Right you are!
I though about that as well (I'm AZERTY) Unfortunately I haven't found anything worth mentioning yet.