PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jensen. Too good for this sinful Earth.

GARrus
28th Aug 2011, 13:20
Anyone else feel the same way. While the game has many people who are not necessarily "evil" but with justifiable views. Only one who feels truly "good" to me is Jensen who does it without being a Gary Stu.

Dude goes through extreme trauma and hardship, yet is always willing to help those in need(player willing) and accept many viewpoints of others.

Piflik
28th Aug 2011, 13:29
Well...how good a guy Jensen is depends mostly on the player...

Boradam
28th Aug 2011, 13:35
Anyone else feel the same way. While the game has many people who are not necessarily "evil" but with justifiable views. Only one who feels truly "good" to me is Jensen who does it without being a Gary Stu.

Dude goes through extreme trauma and hardship, yet is always willing to help those in need(player willing) and accept many viewpoints of others.

That depends on what you say and act like actually, I played pacifist character and eventually butchered them all when I went down in Heng Sha the second time... By the end of the game, the world was just a mountain of corpses.

CarpeNukemXVIII
28th Aug 2011, 13:35
I dunno, him being a good fella just fits him more. Couldn't really make him be an ******* since I didn't feel it fit his character as much. Overall, he's one hell of a cool protagonist.

Nyysjan
28th Aug 2011, 13:37
That depends on what you say and act like actually, I played pacifist character and eventually butchered them all when I went down in Heng Sha the second time... By the end of the game, the world was just a mountain of corpses.

Your AJ had a nervous breakdown midgame?

Boradam
28th Aug 2011, 13:48
I dunno, him being a good fella just fits him more. Couldn't really make him be an ******* since I didn't feel it fit his character as much. Overall, he's one hell of a cool protagonist.

Cold/Detatched seemed to match Adam more than the other options, especially because he looked/sounded like Clint Eastwood. :cool:

Piflik
28th Aug 2011, 14:26
Your AJ had a nervous breakdown midgame?

I guess you haven't been back to Heng Sha yet...you'll know why Adam might be a bit angrier then...

Redem
29th Aug 2011, 00:05
Yea he uses one guy in a fragile mental anti-psychotic drug in order to blackmail him so that he can go to some place he can't go legaly :p

Clearly he's too good for this earth

sojurn
29th Aug 2011, 08:08
On my first playthrough, I was trying for Pacifist so I didn't go on a killing spree on the 2nd visit to Heng Sha.

However, if I wasn't, I would have slaughtered every single Belltower soldier I met.

With a vengeance.

I'd probably have then eviscerated them for good measure and hung their entrails out to display. OK, that's going too far :nut: But yeah. I was pissed off.

If I could, I would go to their HQ and done the same there. Well, let's just say whoever owned shares in belltower would be losing a lot of money.

Biggus
29th Aug 2011, 08:48

Same here, didn't kill anyone until then, it was fair trade off for me

Jensen reminding me Dirty Harry with his attitude