PDA

View Full Version : To Square Enix and Eidos- Thanks for an amazing game.

Aquineas
28th Aug 2011, 11:54
I just finished it, and I'll be damned if you folks didn't faithfully recreate the atmosphere of the original Deus Ex. You folks did an amazing job. Well worth the $50 or so. My only regret is that I just finished it, and I know it will be a long time before we have another game like this.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 12:05
That's exactly how I feel. I just want more. I hope the game has been financially successful enough to warrant some DLC, or an expansion, or a sequel, or something.

ZakKa89
28th Aug 2011, 12:22
I want to see sales figures. I am so afraid the game didnĀ“t sell enough. The game has been 4 years in the making and has obviously cost a lot of money.

Developers deserve to be filthy rich. :D

Soureal
28th Aug 2011, 12:25
Yep, thanks for this wonderfull world!!! :wave:

CarpeNukemXVIII
28th Aug 2011, 13:38
I hate Square, so I'll refrain from tossing ANY thanks their way. EM could have made the game just fine without them, but now I have to have their damn logo in my DEUS EX of all games. But let me not be a negative Nancy and at least thank all the extremely talented folks at Eidos Montreal. You guys couln't have really delivered a more fun experience to me. It's not perfect, but I'll be damned if any other game out this generation had me THIS hooked from start to finish.

The perfect DX sequel. Now...good luck with sales guys, make loads of money so we can see more DX in the future. Also, good luck with Tomb Raider and Thief 4.

knicks21
28th Aug 2011, 15:28
this is the best game i ever played i pray there will be sequel by eidos i think theyre my favorite dev/ publisher because of this ggame which is unlike anything ive ever played so much details and there's literally secret behind every box and around every corner i would kill for another sequel

Metatron1337
28th Aug 2011, 15:39
You guys are clearly thanking the wrong people...
The game was developed by Eidos Montreal and Nixxes Software, Square Enix was just the selfish, money-hogging publisher that thank god did not push the devs into a direction that would totally destroy they game (like they did with some other of their titles)

Well on second thought: Thank you Square Enix, for not utterly destroying an amazing release for a change.
Thanks to Eidos for a great franchise and thanks to Nixxes Software for a quality PC release.

Nealus
28th Aug 2011, 15:59
Yeah, that was incredible! I NEVER felt anything like that before! It's Deus Ex for sure, but with its own original atmosphere. Amount of details is incredible! I can't imagine how much you tried to satisfy us fans and how hard you studied the first game.
Also, it's music, atmosphere and desighn inspired me to make some work:
http://i082.radikal.ru/1107/0f/1067a111421e.bmp
http://s58.radikal.ru/i159/1107/41/04d8a3cbee3c.bmp

THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEVS!

Just one thing -- I didn't like Zhao beause mad evil character is cliche unsuitable for game like DX. And that last boss is really stupid, dosn't fit the game absolutely - like it's been taken from Quake 4. Last thing - in first DX you have to actually DO something to receive ending, and there you have three buttons just in front of you and one to left.

Aquineas
28th Aug 2011, 16:02
Ah, I didn't realize the role Nixxes software played. Many thanks to you folks for all the countless 18-20 (or more!!) hour days it took to get this out.

flipperflopper
28th Aug 2011, 16:13
Although the game could have done with a few improvements in certain areas, i agree it was awesome!!, absolutely loved the art design in the game. had its own unique feel, loved it!!!

Vasarto
28th Aug 2011, 21:12
Eidos..You still screwed up on many things. No real melee. Take downs need more work and recharging of the battery needs to be redone because only recharge of a single battery and takedowns taking a battery is stupid.

Fire from Cover needs work and Enemies need FAR Superior A.I and Tactics. Like how they do in F.E.A.R would be great!

HOWEVER...its an amazing game and I thank you!