PDA

View Full Version : Federova (spoiler)

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 07:26
Why the hell can I not choose to save her after defeating her? Friggin' Eliza even asks "Do you wish to save her?" but instead of being given any sort of option to say yes or no Jensen says "I'll think about it." and that's that. I even tried dragging her to the chopper, no luck.

Friggin' ridiculous.

Daedatheus
28th Aug 2011, 07:36
Unfortunately, none of the "boss fights" can be ended without killing your opponent. Don't bother wasting your time trying to save them. It's a flaw in an otherwise awesomely realized completeness of choices.

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 07:42
Unfortunately, none of the "boss fights" can be ended without killing your opponent. Don't bother wasting your time trying to save them. It's a flaw in an otherwise awesomely realized completeness of choices.

Well, it wouldn't bother me except they gave me the choice but then took it away without explanation. And Federova would have been a perfect candidate for "redemption", as we are given none of her real background outside of generalities even in the book. Unlike the other "bosses", we aren't given a real reason to hate her other than she kills people for a living and hell, so do we.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 07:43
Why the hell can I not choose to save her after defeating her? Friggin' Eliza even asks "Do you wish to save her?" but instead of being given any sort of option to say yes or no Jensen says "I'll think about it." and that's that. I even tried dragging her to the chopper, no luck.

Friggin' ridiculous.

I got the impression Jensen was being sarcastic. That chick was bleeding out all over the floor from her skull, she was already done for.

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 07:54
I got the impression Jensen was being sarcastic. That chick was bleeding out all over the floor from her skull, she was already done for.

Jensen was broken, pouring blood, and had a bullet in his brain. I'd say he was done for before Sarif put him back together, wouldn't you?

Enemy242
28th Aug 2011, 08:13
hahaha, i love that someone actually dragged her to the chopper thinking it would save her. yeah, as someone else stated, it was pretty obviously sarcastic considering eliza is a machine and obviously doesn't understand the fact that he probably doesn't care that she's dead considering he saw her murder all his colleagues and kidnap his friends/ex girlfriend whom he still cared about and was searching to find. it wasn't a lead up to an actual choice, and i doubt sarif would go and augment the hell out of her to save her life like he did adam considering the situation.

TheYouthCounselor
28th Aug 2011, 09:13
No need for spoiler tags right?

I thought it was out of character and an unusually sadistic act by Adam, I played him in a non-lethal or near-non-lethal play and his backstory detailed him as someone who has a high sense of justice and thought outside the box and when given the option to kill, first exhausted every other method.

With the other bosses, he killed when faced with no other option to defend himself. Federova however, was immobilized and defenseless. She was slowly bleeding to death and still making noise. ELIZA said herself, that she could still be saved, and by the game logic she could've even made a full recovery. Yet Adam chose to make quips and watch her slowly die.

The bosses were indeed the most mishandled portions of the game. They forced combat and restricted options. Their deaths were also premature and a waste of interesting characters who were given a pitiful amount of exposition and development in the story. Barrett, Fedorova, and Namir had been featured in most of the media since the very beginning and are excellently designed and we know from The Icarus Effect that they all have extensive backstories. Yet in the game they're merely played off as mere goons that have little effect into the story and we find out next to nothing about them.

In 1940, Batman staff members planned on killing the Joker on his second appearance before an attentive editor saved him before the art hit the presses. He realized that the character was far too interesting and that the hero needed a nemesis to continually challenge him. So an extra panel was added where an ambulance crew discovered that the Joker was still alive. I watched the credits roll, hoping to see one of the three augmented baddies stand up from their supposed death, but I was outta luck.

Zorvan
28th Aug 2011, 09:30
No need for spoiler tags right?

I thought it was out of character and an unusually sadistic act by Adam, I played him in a non-lethal or near-non-lethal play and his backstory detailed him as someone who has a high sense of justice and thought outside the box and when given the option to kill, first exhausted every other method.

With the other bosses, he killed when faced with no other option to defend himself. Federova however, was immobilized and defenseless. She was slowly bleeding to death and still making noise. ELIZA said herself, that she could still be saved, and by the game logic she could've even made a full recovery. Yet Adam chose to make quips and watch her slowly die.

The bosses were indeed the most mishandled portions of the game. They forced combat and restricted options. Their deaths were also premature and a waste of interesting characters who were given a pitiful amount of exposition and development in the story. Barrett, Fedorova, and Namir had been featured in most of the media since the very beginning and are excellently designed and we know from The Icarus Effect that they all have extensive backstories. Yet in the game they're merely played off as mere goons that have little effect into the story and we find out next to nothing about them.

In 1940, Batman staff members planned on killing the Joker on his second appearance before an attentive editor saved him before the art hit the presses. He realized that the character was far too interesting and that the hero needed a nemesis to continually challenge him. So an extra panel was added where an ambulance crew discovered that the Joker was still alive. I watched the credits roll, hoping to see one of the three augmented baddies stand up from their supposed death, but I was outta luck.

Exactly! Thank you!

Random
28th Aug 2011, 09:35
Did Federova have a single line of dialogue in the game? I can't think of any. This is taking 'one-dimensional villain' to a whole new level.

TheYouthCounselor
28th Aug 2011, 09:44
Did Federova have a single line of dialogue in the game? I can't think of any. This is taking 'one-dimensional villain' to a whole new level.

She is a mute character who was given absolutely no development, but that doesn't mean it had to stop there.

Part of my incentive for wanting to save her was to hear her speak. When I was in high school I knew a girl who along with her twin sister were voluntary mutes, after a year of having never head her voice I received a phone call from her and I felt very honored to be privy to that secret voice and know them better, and likewise I wanted to know Federova.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 10:00

Nope, she didn't say anything, and I never found a computer or email relating to her either. I don't even think anyone even mentions her name, unlike the other two.

The city you fight her in was originally supposed to be a hub, so maybe some development got cut. But I doubt it. The other two barely got names, let alone character development.