PDA

View Full Version : Zero Takedown Ghost - Full Stealth Video Tutorial

GreasedScotsman
28th Aug 2011, 04:36
After watching the so-called "stealth" walkthroughs of Deus Ex Human Revolution on YouTube over the last few days, I was puzzled why these gamers thought shooting everything that moved with a tranq dart and pummeling everyone in the face (and not hiding their bodies) was considered stealthy. I've decided to respond with a stealth challenge I call "Zero Takedown Ghost."

Video 1: Game Prologue / Attack on Sarif HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94TuvveHexI

Video 2: Sarif Manufacturing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-UGIPkeHI

Video 3: Detroit Police Station - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UgOcx4QkU

Video 4: DRB Transmission - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qJ0DbRQxi4

Video 5: FEMA Factory / Detention Center - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8_GjXia74

Video 6: Hengsha - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXNYIO6gA5I

Video 7: Tai Yong Medical - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WgI79KzFRw

Video 8: Picus Communications - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvOkRtRNz2Q
*If you only watch one of these... this is the one. :)

Video 9: Detroit Revisited - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGjn7_t3kY

Video 10: Hengsha Revisited & Stow Away - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZhkxdPyYU

Video 11: Singapore / Omega Facility - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtF9GFxgMo

Video 12: Panchaea - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJWEbnPCB8

Video A1: Detroit Police Station Stealth Alternatives - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCn1dI9pCF4

For those of us who are Splinter Cell veterans (I was known as goliathvt back in the day, ran SC-SpyWorld, made the SCDA full stealth video series for those curious), one of the favorite community challenges was to "ghost" a level, meaning to complete a mission not only by remaining undetected, but also getting through without disturbing anything.

For Deus Ex HR, that means no takedowns, no stuns/bolts/bullets/shells fired, and, if you're hardcore, you might even try to close vents, doors and such behind you whenever possible so that you leave absolutely no trace.

While stealth in DXHR is not quite as robust as SC, it's pretty close, so I've begun an attempt to complete the game as a Zero Takedown Ghost. The only exceptions I'm allowing myself will be if something like a dialog cutscene or a boss fight pulls me out of the game loop and requires me to become detected.

Eidos has given us a gorgeous, lengthy and challenging game... a rare gem in today's game market.

Edit: The video series is complete!

coldenhas
28th Aug 2011, 05:22
oh cool.

Quillan
28th Aug 2011, 05:35
My first stealth game was Thief: The Dark Project. In that community, playing as a ghost was exactly that: you left absolutely zero sign that you were even there, other than the things you stole. Any lights you put out had to be relit. Any doors you unlocked had to be locked again. You didn't KO anyone, and you didn't let a guard even catch so much as a glimpse of you.

Obviously with this game that would be impossible, because there are some scripted situations where you have to fight, and where there will be alarms. If you can pull it off for the rest of it, then my hat is off to you, because that's about as difficult as it gets.

Random
28th Aug 2011, 05:39
Yeah HR has a strange definition of ghosting. You can't leave a pile of unconscious bodies behind you and say you ghosted.

TheYouthCounselor
28th Aug 2011, 05:42
In future patches, it'll be nice to see this play style added as an achievement.

It was a nice challenge in the Thief series.

GreasedScotsman
1st Sep 2011, 20:42
I'll be rendering and uploading the main Detroit missions and a few side missions (that don't force a takedown of some kind) that complete the first Detroit chapter later tonight. Will update the first post once they're online.

Cerebelum
1st Sep 2011, 22:56
Having always been a 'body count with the least effort' kind of player since I started AD&D back in '80 (pnp). I like to use stealth to get into the best position to mangle as many bad guys as possible with as few bullets/'nades (arrows/ fire in none-gun related games). Having watched the 2nd video I applaude your style of play, very neat.

Kaylord
2nd Sep 2011, 12:04
I find full stealth as you describe even easier that "take down everybody without raising an alarm" (no tranq shots allowed). Either way, you just need cloaking and some patience. The risk comes when you want to take down each guard one-by-one without alarming anybody. Try this with the zombies, that´s the only place where I ran out of patience and just sneaked by.

Brockxz
2nd Sep 2011, 14:01
Nice guides but there is one thing that bothers me - you almost never take the obvious safest and fastest route but make really complicated things that are really unnecessary to do. For example prologue video you took wrong side to manoeuvre around the second and third room with enemies. Same thing with manufacturing plant, you try to put box so that enemies don't see you but it is really not needed. Just put box and hop on the top of those containers and after that enemies won't see you even if they look to that direction. The only way they will be suspicious there is if you make make too much noise. Also it doesn't matter in what difficulty you play, even on hardest they don't see and hear you unless you act stupid there. Also the first hall inside the building, you can go on your right side all the way, take ladder and then take ventilation shaft that will bring you past every enemy till your first door hacking. All i say is, explore more easier options and then record the guide :) It's good to cover different routes but guide purpose is to help people in the easiest way to get things done.

Here is my version of Ghost run on prologue level i just made a few sec ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUZ2Bhp7H0
There is a few sec I cut out - cutscenes and some parts where I just run through corridors to make the video more shorter and without story spoilers.

GreasedScotsman
2nd Sep 2011, 15:41
"you took wrong side"

There is no such thing in a Deus Ex game.

"Just put box and hop on the top of those containers and after that enemies won't see you even if they look to that direction. ...The only way they will be suspicious there is if you make make too much noise. Also it doesn't matter in what difficulty you play, even on hardest they don't see and hear you unless...."

Somewhat correct. I tested this a bit more. You can get up to the roof if you hug the rightmost edge of the pallet piece that acts as a ramp leaning on the boxes atop the container. If you're even the slightest bit too far to the left, you will be spotted by the guy closest to you on Hard. He's less likely to notice you on easier levels.

"explore more easier options and then record the guide"

My tutorial isn't necessarily a guide for the "easiest stealth route," it's more a "full stealth with zero takedowns can be done" guide. It's up to the gamer to decide which path is the most fun for them.

However, you'll be pleased that I likely took the easiest of paths in the Police Station, DRB and FEMA Factory missions, in part because I saw these missions as pretty simple and wanted to get to the more challenging and interesting ones, from a stealth perspective.

MissStabby
2nd Sep 2011, 17:36
Nice videos, i have my hands full with just a stealth+takedown run.
Also i noticed that you completely ignored a airvent section during the FEMA part.
If you are in the room where the boxguard stomps around, you can enter the rear most raised platform (right rear corner) and move a box there to reveal a hidden airvent that leads you all the way through to the part with the "cubicles".

(i commented on your video 11:50 is the time when you are at that platform)

Brockxz
2nd Sep 2011, 17:55
I understand that it is no kill zero takedown and not even tranq shot or stun shot ghost run but even then there is easier routes to do exactly that. It's just my way to find the easiest way to do things so that i can help people to get achievements or just complete game and enjoy the story. I have wrote a lot of guides for games :)
For example now i play no aug (even those who you have from the start) ghost run :) Too bad there is one thing that a little bit ruins that - there is some parts where you have to hack level 1 doors to proceed further (for example Sarif Manufacturing Plant has 2 doors you are forced to hack because there is no other option to proceed).

And of course there is no wrong ways to play DX. That's the beauty of DX.

GreasedScotsman
3rd Sep 2011, 17:09
Hengsha video online. This installment covers missions up to TYM. You can find the YT link in the first post.

GreasedScotsman
3rd Sep 2011, 23:46
Just got through the first half of Picus Communications, onto the Funicular with zero takedowns, 1 disturbance... a single jump.

Good times.

Uglzorp
4th Sep 2011, 12:27
If you want to go real hardcore stealth, you should do the following:

1) Unbind the cover key.
2) Don't buy the Cloak aug.
3) Sneak your way through the game while hacking every computer.
4) Pretend the radar doesn't exist (or cover it with a PostIt if necessary).

Sneaking past enemies is pretty easy in DX:HR but it's significantly harder under those conditions. Trying to ghost your way through the game while hacking everything is very, very difficult because NPC patrol routes and vision cones often overlap terminals and the game doesn't pause while you're hacking.

GreasedScotsman
4th Sep 2011, 17:21
The Tai Yong Medical portion of the walkthrough is now online! First post updated.

STTXREDNEK
5th Sep 2011, 08:50
Nice. i really enjoyed your videos.

GreasedScotsman
5th Sep 2011, 14:22
Picus communications is now online! 1st post updated.

My favorite level so far. Fantastic stuff.

GreasedScotsman
8th Sep 2011, 14:41
Videos 9 and 10 are online, covering your second visits to Detroit and Hengsha, capped off with the Stow Away mission. First post updated.

MissStabby
8th Sep 2011, 18:24
hey GreasedScotsman,

i dont know if you have met up with Mr Tong (or the bossfight that takes place on a "ranch")
But be sure to take your lasergun with you! (theres one on the ranch and one behind tong)

it enables you to do the final bossfight without having to takedown 3 of the subbosses and all the enemies that spawn while you do that!
You can use lasers to shoot through transparent windows... hint hint hint

frudi
8th Sep 2011, 20:39
Nah, the final boss fight can be done without being spotted at all and without killing/disabling any enemies (living or robotic), except the boss itself. And it can be done without any augments as well.

That was actually the finale of my latest playthrough that was originally inspired by this thread, I just took things to a further extreme :). No augments (using or upgrading), no combat (except for boss fights and the construction yard fight) and no picking up anything (I only used gear Adam starts with (including stuff at his apartment), stuff I bought at merchants and any items I received as rewards for completing missions).
Also, no hacking except when there is absolutely no other way to progress and no disabling mines. I did have to disable three mines in the last section, but I made sure to re-place them after I passed. I also tried to close all the doors/vents behind myself and re-place any objects I might have temporarily moved. I even re-enabled the security measures in Tracer's cell after I rescued him :).

I did have to resort to using AUDs three times, thanks to only having level 1 hacking. I suppose I could have just used codes for those three particular panels, since I did discover them in the previous normal playthrough, but that would just feel like cheating :).

Anyway, nice job with the videos GreasedScotsman and thanks for the inspiration for my own super stealth playthrough. I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle the final level. I know I had some very interesting spots there :)

GreasedScotsman
10th Sep 2011, 05:04
Holy ****balls, what an amazing game! Finally completed it, completely ghosted, ZERO takedowns. The game never went into hostile status unless it was game-forced. I never had cloak or put any points into stealth augmentations. Got Pacifist, Foxiest of Hounds, Legend all in 1 run. Great stuff. Glad to see that I can clean up the remaining achievements with my shoot first, ask questions later run through. Well, except for knocking out 100 people. No problem there. :)

ZTG videos of the remainder of the game coming soon.

GreasedScotsman
11th Sep 2011, 05:13
Video 11, covering Singapore, the Omega Facility and the Namir boss fight is now online. First post updated.

Bawheidbob
11th Sep 2011, 06:54
Just wanted to register on these forums and thank you for the great work with these videos.

I was myself trying to do a stealthy non lethal run through although i do believe now i have missed those both (wish i knew for sure) but i will continue on and see what happens. At least i know i have some videos to fall back on for ideas.

GreasedScotsman
11th Sep 2011, 23:41
The Panchaea mission is now online, bringing the series to completion. I'll be adding a Police Station stealth alternative video soon. First post updated.

Magnivore
12th Sep 2011, 12:11
When going for Pacifist, can you have robots/turrets you hack kill people or does that make you lose the achievement? I just started my second play-through, with Pacifist is my sights, and I don't want to mess it up.

Also, in an unrelated note, I assume you have an old 'director' channel from YouTube, being allowed to put videos longer than 15 minutes up?

GreasedScotsman
12th Sep 2011, 14:43
I believe hacked turrets and robots will count against you for Pacifist. Not entirely sure on that, though.

If your channel has been around long enough (not necessarily a "Director" channel, though) and you haven't broken any of YT's rules, when you try to upload something, it'll say whether you're allowed to upload videos longer than 15 mins.

Magnivore
12th Sep 2011, 19:43
I believe hacked turrets and robots will count against you for Pacifist. Not entirely sure on that, though.

Damn. I would really like to get that cleared up if I can help it asap before I start hacking everything to be my friend. Unless I use these video guides, which are great btw! ^.^

Locutus of BORG
12th Sep 2011, 23:02

Hacked turrets and robots WILL count against your Pacifist achievement. Just deactivate them, rather than set them against enemies.

Killed Robots / Turrets WILL NOT count though.

However, enemies killed by collateral damage such as explosions or fires (eg: from those robots / turrets you just killed) WILL count against you, so don't destroy any machinery near any living bodies. Also, don't pile unconscious bodies on fires or throw them off tall buildings/water/electric fields, etc.

Bosses and suicides DO NOT count. Not sure about fratricides, but they probably don't count either.

unbeatableDX
12th Sep 2011, 23:51
if im even gonna attempt this im gonna ghost through the whole game. not worth risking knocking people out it seems

Locutus of BORG
13th Sep 2011, 15:08
For just the Pacifist achievement it's mostly only a problem if you're careless as to where you dump their bodies - but yes, there are certain parts where it's better to totally avoid enemies than to try knocking any of them out.

The saving Malik is the only part where it's truly tricky to avoid collateral imo, just because you have to stop that robot and there are ppl all around it... Of course, for the sake of the achievement it's always possible just to abandon her to avoid everyone.

Bawheidbob
13th Sep 2011, 16:51
I am annoyed i think one of my old guards has died in his sleep, no idea how he has died - going to continue on but sure my pacifist and ghost achievements are gone this run through.

I am not too down however as i am sure this is a game i will actually want to play through again.

Jibbajabba
13th Sep 2011, 17:00
I haven't watched all the videos yet, but can I assume you haven't played the bonus mission ? I doubt you can finish that without actually stun at least one or two guards (one stting at a computer you need to hack in order to open a door)...

Jibbajabba
13th Sep 2011, 17:17
I haven't watched all the videos yet, but can I assume you haven't played the bonus mission ? I doubt you can finish that without actually stun at least one or two guards (one stting at a computer you need to hack in order to open a door)...

Found that video - so no bonus mission :)

KenTWOu
14th Sep 2011, 08:49
However, enemies killed by collateral damage such as explosions or fires (eg: from those robots / turrets you just killed) WILL count against you, so don't destroy any machinery near any living bodies.
Disagree. I killed box guard near three enemies while saving Malikthey were dead, and I still got "Pacifist" achievment.

Jibbajabba
14th Sep 2011, 09:42
Disagree. I killed box guard near three enemies while saving Malikthey were dead, and I still got "Pacifist" achievment.

Bear in mind, it can only just knock them out too .. same with punching through walls ...
if you punch through it kills them behind the wall, exploding the wall (i.e. using a typhoon like you can do before you meet Tong in the Harvester hideout), it knocks them out cold rather than killing them ..

I don't know .. personally I get mixed answers here, some seem to have missed Pacifist because of it and some didn't .. I wanted to make sure so I saved just before I got onto the chopper, did a stealth run (killing Malik), re-loaded, changed difficulty to easy, and stunned the hell out of everyone, picking up guns, shooting everything, saving Malik, getting trophy, reload save game (which was on Deus Ex difficulty) and so on .... Same with an achievement where you have to throw someone from the roof - save / throw / reload and so on ...

KenTWOu
14th Sep 2011, 10:37
Bear in mind, it can only just knock them out too .. same with punching through walls ...
I have savegame there, I double check it, three dead bodies with skull icons instead of 'Z-z-z...'! :)

if you punch through it kills them behind the wall, exploding the wall... it knocks them out cold rather than killing them ..
I know:
you can also wait when guard begin to lean against the wall and punch it, and you knock him out too, or you can shoot at the wall or throw metal crates in it.
It's an example of great game mechanics! :)

Jibbajabba
14th Sep 2011, 10:41
I have savegame here, I double check it, three dead bodies with skull icons instead of 'Z-z-z...'! :)

Interesting .... I think one problem here is that a lot of people just assume what does and doesn't count against your Pacifist achievement ... A lot of people make assumptions based on the fact they didn't get it, but there might be other issues those people haven't noticed.

Having said that

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights don't count.)

So a guard dying by an exploding mech is probably not dying by your hand .. but again .. turning a robot / mech against enemies - wouldn't that be considered the same thing ? So in theory you should still get Pacifist.

I guess unless we get a definite answer from a developer - we'll never really know :)

frudi
14th Sep 2011, 19:18
Actually, you can avoid stunning that particular guard. You have to lure him out by causing a disturbance, sneak past him into the room, quickly hack/AUD the security hub, disable the camera and open the cell door, then hide by the door before the guard returns. It's tricky but doable.
After I freed Tong Jr. I even went back, lured the guard out again and re-enabled the camera and closed the cell door :)

Jibbajabba
14th Sep 2011, 19:21
Actually, you can avoid stunning that particular guard. You have to lure him out by causing a disturbance, sneak past him into the room, quickly hack/AUD the security hub, disable the camera and open the cell door, then hide by the door before the guard returns. It's tricky but doable.
After I freed Tong Jr. I even went back, lured the guard out again and re-enabled the camera and closed the cell door :)

Haha, funnily enough it occurred to me too and already tried that earlier (but failed) ;)

frudi
14th Sep 2011, 19:30
Haha, funnily enough it occurred to me too and already tried that earlier (but failed) ;)
To make things easier, you can lure him out twice - first time just to hack the security hub, the second time to actually disable the camera and open the cell door. To do it all in one attempt, you might try to use an AUD (are they part of the same bonus pack as the mission?).

Jibbajabba
14th Sep 2011, 19:35
To make things easier, you can lure him out twice - first time just to hack the security hub, the second time to actually disable the camera and open the cell door. To do it all in one attempt, you might try to use an AUD (are they part of the same bonus pack as the mission?).

I came through the vent above him so I am not sure how to lure him out lol .... Tried another way but failed too - would love to see a video of that :)

GreasedScotsman
15th Sep 2011, 06:19
An addendum video of the Detroit Police Station showing 2 Stealth Alternatives has now been added to the first post.

Bawheidbob
17th Sep 2011, 09:32
Finally finished and got my pacifist even though one of my guards seemed to of died in his sleep.

I missed Foxiest but i know why - I thought i had gotten away with a bit in the police station but i obviously did not.

Oh well stealthy assassin it is next time through and i will need to try do the books as well must of missed some.

Jibbajabba
17th Sep 2011, 09:47
Finally finished and got my pacifist even though one of my guards seemed to of died in his sleep.

I missed Foxiest but i know why - I thought i had gotten away with a bit in the police station but i obviously did not.

Oh well stealthy assassin it is next time through and i will need to try do the books as well must of missed some.

That is a bug (dying in his sleep), as soon as you get the Merciful award you are save.

cmaker
18th Sep 2011, 06:43
I am a huge Splinter Cell fan and has been my favorite series since the original.

On Chaos Theory, I did a 100% on every level - no knockouts, kills, alarms, etc...

Have played hundreds of hours of Hunter in Conviction.

Now there is Deus Ex: Human Revolution - never played the original or sequel but I love this game as much as Splinter Cell and that is a very tall order to fill.

The first run through, I did only non-lethal take downs (no stun gun, tranquilizers, bullets, etc..) and some how didn't get the Pacifist achievement or Foxiest of the Hounds - needless to say, I was gutted but trying again.

This is my second play through and I have got all the way through the end of Picus with no take downs - complete old school stealth. It is cool seeing other people love this type of play style.

The ONLY thing I absolutely hate about this game is no stat screen - with me being a perfectionist I want to know at any time if an alarm was accidently set off or someone was some how killed...argh...

If it wasn't for the Achievements I wouldn't care as much but 200 points are riding on 1 Kill and 1 Alarm.

Total avoidance this time better do it.

P.S. Looking forward to the HD Splinter Cell classics in 2 weeks - any idea when Jade Raymond (Ubisoft Toronto) is going to release information about SC6 - dying to know, but until then - spending a ton of time with DX:HR and actually bought the original for PS2 (which plays on my PS3).

Jibbajabba
18th Sep 2011, 08:23
I am a huge Splinter Cell fan and has been my favorite series since the original.

On Chaos Theory, I did a 100% on every level - no knockouts, kills, alarms, etc...

Have played hundreds of hours of Hunter in Conviction.

Now there is Deus Ex: Human Revolution - never played the original or sequel but I love this game as much as Splinter Cell and that is a very tall order to fill.

The first run through, I did only non-lethal take downs (no stun gun, tranquilizers, bullets, etc..) and some how didn't get the Pacifist achievement or Foxiest of the Hounds - needless to say, I was gutted but trying again.

This is my second play through and I have got all the way through the end of Picus with no take downs - complete old school stealth. It is cool seeing other people love this type of play style.

The ONLY thing I absolutely hate about this game is no stat screen - with me being a perfectionist I want to know at any time if an alarm was accidently set off or someone was some how killed...argh...

If it wasn't for the Achievements I wouldn't care as much but 200 points are riding on 1 Kill and 1 Alarm.

P.S. Looking forward to the HD Splinter Cell classics in 2 weeks - any idea when Jade Raymond (Ubisoft Toronto) is going to release information about SC6 - dying to know, but until then - spending a ton of time with DX:HR and actually bought the original for PS2 (which plays on my PS3).

The missing stats is what annoys me too .... When I went for Foxiest of Hounds on my second attempt I also went for no take downs, bear in mind that knocked out people can be found by others and might set off alarms without you noticing. On my secon attempt I made sure I got always 'Ghost' and 'Smooth Operator' (where applicable) to make sure I am on the right track.

GreasedScotsman
19th Sep 2011, 13:05
Yeah, in my more lethal runs now that ZTG is complete, I've noticed a lot of knocked out guards tend to die as they sleep. This seems more prevalent when you stack bodies on top of each other because the physics can "freak out" sometimes, causing bodies to fly into the air and crash to the floor at such a rate that the sleeping beauty bites the dust.

GreasedScotsman
19th Sep 2011, 13:09

It will. It's the best way, in my view, especially given what I've experienced in my previous post.

P.S. Looking forward to the HD Splinter Cell classics in 2 weeks...

Is this a PS3 exclusive? I played all of the SC games except Conviction on the PC and still prefer that setup... but the PS3 has a ton of exclusives that really make me want to trade in my 360 these days. I never use the thing.

Jewseph
20th Sep 2011, 07:46
So just a curious ploy man, What are your system specs???

Whenever I try to make videos with fraps... Lag ensues. BAD.

Jibbajabba
20th Sep 2011, 08:22

Same here ... still playing with the settings. The new patch brings Window'ed mode so it might make things better. Having said that - I am running on Dual 30" Dell screens with silly resolution which is probably one reason it all runs like :mad2:

Lv4
20th Sep 2011, 08:23
The important part is that you record the videos on another HDD than the one used to play.

Jibbajabba
20th Sep 2011, 08:24
The important part is that you record the videos on another HDD than the one used to play.

Common sense :rasp:

for IT geeks anyway :whistle:

jtr7
20th Sep 2011, 08:55
And if that isn't the problem, what then?

Jibbajabba
20th Sep 2011, 10:18
And if that isn't the problem, what then?

I just tried again and I had a lot better performance (fluent movement) by setting the video to half-size (Movies>Video Capture Settings).

On my PC anyway (which is my work PC so it is far from a proper gaming PC).

cmaker
21st Sep 2011, 01:08
Is this a PS3 exclusive? I played all of the SC games except Conviction on the PC and still prefer that setup... but the PS3 has a ton of exclusives that really make me want to trade in my 360 these days. I never use the thing.

At this time it is PS3 exclusive - not sure if 360 is going to get it since the originals can play on the 360.

GreasedScotsman
21st Sep 2011, 21:48

i7 920 @ 2.7GHz, 6GB RAM, Win64, NVidia GTX 260 896MB

I record my FRAPS footage to a 1TB external USB drive.

I play in 1280x720 for HD quality and set recording framerate in FRAPS to 45 FPS.

Hope that helps.

Egg90
27th Sep 2011, 13:07

I tried this but when he went alarmed he shouted out "who's there?", went into an alarmed pose but didn't move. After a few seconds he lit another cigerette and leant back up against the wall. I tried a couple more times before chucking a gas mine in with him, tucking him up in Tongs bed and resecuring the cell. :)

4n7
12th Oct 2011, 17:50
i just looked the FEMA factory mission... (héhé)

@OP: guess u loved it like i loved sneaking VS human intelligence ina REAL "massive warfare"... :cool:

-4n7-

drunkrussian9
12th Oct 2011, 18:38
If you want to go real hardcore stealth, you should do the following:

1) Unbind the cover key.
2) Don't buy the Cloak aug.
3) Sneak your way through the game while hacking every computer.
4) Pretend the radar doesn't exist (or cover it with a PostIt if necessary).

Sneaking past enemies is pretty easy in DX:HR but it's significantly harder under those conditions. Trying to ghost your way through the game while hacking everything is very, very difficult because NPC patrol routes and vision cones often overlap terminals and the game doesn't pause while you're hacking.
Then try killing everybody without a silencer :nut:

Seriously though, would be cool to use a mod that turns adam back into his human self, with no augs(including health regen and radar), as well as full time 1st person. That would be quite challenging in any level, with any kind of playthough.

4n7
12th Oct 2011, 21:00
Then try killing everybody without a silencer :nut:

Seriously though, would be cool to use a mod that turns adam back into his human self, with no augs(including health regen and radar), as well as full time 1st person. That would be quite challenging in any level, with any kind of playthough.

last time i bought a radar i also paint a MMO "Old Repuyblic"... maybe u have heard of DAT.

will play iun china again next :

(have a look, strange streets...NO RADAR)

@russian : i passed 2 hours totally drunken last nite on AUG screen.... saving/loading/saving again... soliding.... eviling..... deziping..........

i found that i could use my eyez..

-there mofo, there radar... there PS wxarfare.......
-?????

-AH I SPEAK ENGLISH 2......

-ye see yopu soin........

& go......

4n7
12th Oct 2011, 21:03
the message went not ...... i RESTART :

LAST NIGHT I PASSED TWENTY HOURS ON THE AUG SCREEN AND SO I DECIDED TO USE MY EYEZ......
(without or without biomods........)

4n7
12th Oct 2011, 21:11
after DAT, i saw THER WALLS CLOSING BEHIND ME !!!!!!!! (was totally drunk ofc...)

u must know i've mapped elite maps on unreal tournament too...

and so i thinked :

DID I GET MATRICED ??????????????????

fu**in paranoia............

FOR THE SECOND MAP, io decided (there was not dungeon masters.. no wizard... nocheat...walktrough)

i better listen him : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2i-eY2D1U ........

4n7
12th Oct 2011, 21:13
after DAT, i saw THER WALLS CLOSING BEHIND ME !!!!!!!! (was totally drunk ofc...)

u must know i've mapped elite maps on unreal tournament too...

and so i thinked :

DID I GET MATRICED ??????????????????

fu**in paranoia............

FOR THE SECOND MAP, io decided (there was not dungeon masters.. no wizard... nocheat...walktrough)

i better listen him : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2i-eY2D1U ........

"this post" relate my 1st though China.......

GreasedScotsman
24th Oct 2011, 13:27
So I started a Factory Zero^2 Takedown Ghost video but then I ran across prenatual's run and he pretty much played it through the way I did with a few minor differences, so let me just point you to his excellent gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErH1ulv4zjU

If anyone really wants me to make my own run, I may do so, but for a lot of it, you'll see almost identical strategies used by prenatual.