PDA

View Full Version : Highering the FOV seriously screws up the weapon view models

ZakKa89
28th Aug 2011, 03:15
Not really an issue for me because the default FOV is fine, but I wanted to bring to attention that a higher FOV screws up the viewmodel (from first person) of guns significantly. The vertical FOV change causes the camera angle on to change, and the guns look weird as a result...

75 is the only option for me (1920x1200 16:10 24") if I want the guns to show as the developers intended.

So if you are one of those players who immideately upped their FOV I suggest you lower it again so you can see the difference for yourself. It might be different on your screen though.

CHT
28th Aug 2011, 05:42
You are correct. With 100 you can only see the tip of the guns and on 75 you can even see your arms...What is that? xD

motsm
28th Aug 2011, 07:59
That really sounds odd. Higher FOV should do the opposite of that and show more to the player, not less. Wonder if that has something to do with the messed up iron sights in a few other threads.

Anyway, I don't want to be forced into using a 75 degree FOV, yuck.

ZakKa89
28th Aug 2011, 11:29
the 75 fov is fine, it's best to play that way imo. I feel sorry for people who don't know about this issue and immediately set a higher FOV. They miss the eye candy of the weapons.

Not everyone cares as much about that as I do though