PDA

View Full Version : Should we keep our save games for DLC?

AdorableMachineOfDarkness
28th Aug 2011, 01:34
Hi all!

First post! I loved DEHR and just finished up my first game earlier. Can't wait to start a second play through.

I know DLC is inevitable... but has there been anything said about keeping save games for post-story DLC? Or will the DLC all come mid-story? Has anything been said at all?

I admit, I haven't seen or been able to Google up anything, but I figured you all might have some inkling. :)

Thanks!

cachx
28th Aug 2011, 01:58
There is supposed to be an announcement on monday, but we don't know what it is yet.

Some people are hoping for an SDK, others for DLC

AlexOfSpades
28th Aug 2011, 02:02
I'm hoping for an SDK, but i'm expecting a DLC.

Black-Xero
28th Aug 2011, 02:26
Can anyone explain to me as to what SDK is? I don't think I remember it.

As to your question, it clearly depends on if where the DLC takes place. Since there is no clear answer then we don't really know but keep any of your game files just in case.

strayfe
28th Aug 2011, 02:39
Can anyone explain to me as to what SDK is? I don't think I remember it.

As to your question, it clearly depends on if where the DLC takes place. Since there is no clear answer then we don't really know but keep any of your game files just in case.

Software development kit. If people want a SDK, they basically want Eidos to release a developer tool kit to the community.

28th Aug 2011, 02:47
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I have to say I'd rather have a DLC than SDK. :-P

It looks like there's no way to back our saves up, since they're saved on a Steam server, so looks like the post-story save won't be needed. At least, I'm hoping that's true, otherwise there must be a way to save saves...

jtr7
28th Aug 2011, 02:51
An SDK would make it more possible to give you the changes you are asking for.

28th Aug 2011, 02:55
I guess modding would be fine... but no point modding something if SqEnix doesn't have plans for them.

Still, some community modded jackets for Adam would be nice. :-)

goku_696
28th Aug 2011, 06:02
i would like to know what is this pre-paid redemption code is for the 360 ?

Daedatheus
28th Aug 2011, 07:17
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I have to say I'd rather have a DLC than SDK. :-P

DLC = new missions, new items/weapons, stuff like that from the retailer for $$$

SDK = fans create entirely new games using the engine, as well as simple mission/item/weapon packs, almost all of it will be available for free.

Hoping for SDK. Praying for Deus Ex HD remake team to pop up. Will volunteer to work with them if they do. :D

Nitrius
28th Aug 2011, 07:52
Yea, would rather have the SDK being released than DLC, the SDK opens up a lot more possibilities for the game.

Modding really expands the lifetime of a game in my eyes.

GARrus
28th Aug 2011, 12:49
Honestly I'd like to see an expansion pack. Make Montreal an entire hub, flesh out more characters especially Sarif and Megan. More special locations to go to for missions. More weapons. More sidequests. More augmentations.

NKD
28th Aug 2011, 12:52
Honestly I'd like to see an expansion pack. Make Montreal an entire hub, flesh out more characters especially Sarif and Megan. More special locations to go to for missions. More weapons. More sidequests. More augmentations.

Yeah I'm not really interested in an SDK. In all honesty most of what people make is utter crap, and none of it would be up to the level of polish that actual official content does. What few good projects there would be would take years to actually get released. I'd take a 2 hour DLC over 10 hours of what amounts to poorly made fanfic. An expansion would be amazing.

Boradam
28th Aug 2011, 13:28
Yeah I'm not really interested in an SDK. In all honesty most of what people make is utter crap, and none of it would be up to the level of polish that actual official content does. What few good projects there would be would take years to actually get released. I'd take a 2 hour DLC over 10 hours of what amounts to poorly made fanfic. An expansion would be amazing.

I beg to differ, The Nameless Mod and The Malkavian Mod for DX were amazingly funny and a wonderful source of entertainment for Deus Ex fans, not to mention that TNM was in making longer than DX:HR.

FuzzyPuffin
28th Aug 2011, 16:11
I'd like to see them pull a CDProjekt tomorrow, and release the preorder DLC for free, along with an announcement that all future DLC will be free, and any paid release will come in the form of a full-fledged expansion.

Not really interested in paying $7 for a few hours of content, but I know it's the norm these days.

Dragynfyre
28th Aug 2011, 16:15

It looks like there's no way to back our saves up, since they're saved on a Steam server, so looks like the post-story save won't be needed. At least, I'm hoping that's true, otherwise there must be a way to save saves...

You can back up the saves. They're located on your computer as well. Steam cloud just stores a copy of your saves online so you can sync them to other PCs.

Amitush
28th Aug 2011, 16:15
So we will know what it is tommorrow? dunno what I would prefer, got a console but hate dlcs..

Lirezh
28th Aug 2011, 16:18
Post-storyline DLC would be interesting, if it's more than another sidemission.
DLC for mid-story content wouldn't be interesting at all imho, I remember the "save tong" mission as mostly boring and extremely short.

Btw:
Every fan of Deus Ex hopes for an SDK, even those who don't know what it is. An SDK would be an entry door to more DX awesomeness and to fix the current issues some might find in DX:HR.

badmonk
28th Aug 2011, 16:22
dont think it will be an SDK as the announcement is on consoles menu screen as well so i doubt they would put the message on consoles IF it was SDK!