PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop cheated me out of my explosive mission pack DLC!

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 01:18
UPDATE: I called up Gamestop and they said they returned all copies of the regular edition and were offering a 50$ gift card (but no Deus Ex) as repayment. Since my copy was a physical regular edition, I have no way of getting my preorder bonuses at all. Someone from Eidos needs to see this, this is utterly unacceptable.

Earlier today Gamestop refused to honor my preorder and give me DLC that worked on the Steam version of the game, or even a physical CD, instead saying that I would have to get it from their propietary download service! They gave me a refund though, and now I'm gameless and have no way of getting the pre-order bonuses I had paid for!

I'm incredibly frustrated by the situation and wondering if there will be an alternative method of acquiring the DLC now that I've been robbed of it.

GreyTemplar
28th Aug 2011, 01:39
Earlier today Gamestop refused to honor my preorder and give me DLC that worked on the Steam version of the game, or even a physical CD, instead saying that I would have to get it from their propietary download service! They gave me a refund though, and now I'm gameless and have no way of getting the pre-order bonuses I had paid for!

I'm incredibly frustrated by the situation and wondering if there will be an alternative method of acquiring the DLC now that I've been robbed of it.

You actually pre-ordered a non MMO PC game from gamestop? Sorry... but yeah I believe those codes are handed out through their proprietary distribution service (Impulse). Can't say you were cheated out of it as you have a way to get the DLC. It is your choice on to go through with it or not.

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 01:45
They refused to give me a copy of the preorder codes that would work with the Steam version of the game. That's cheating me out of a purchase.

GreyTemplar
28th Aug 2011, 01:53
They refused to give me a copy of the preorder codes that would work with the Steam version of the game. That's cheating me out of a purchase.

How did you think you bought the steam version of the game from Gamestop?

sea
28th Aug 2011, 01:59
Call up their customer support or ask to speak to the manager. This is clearly a violation of the terms of sale and you should at the very least be compensated for their poor service.

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 02:01
How did you think you bought the steam version of the game from Gamestop?
The packaged game uses Steamworks, which is integrated with Steam.

GreyTemplar
28th Aug 2011, 02:05
The packaged game uses Steamworks, which is integrated with Steam.

Ok. That makes sense. If the packaged game uses steam works, you should be provided a code for it.

****ty that Steam only offered a 10% discount :(

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 02:07
Call up their customer support or ask to speak to the manager. This is clearly a violation of the terms of sale and you should at the very least be compensated for their poor service.

Apparently they returned all the copies of the regular edition and preorder material and will not be restocking it (those who shelled out extra for the augmented edition got the game). They offered me a 50 dollar gift card, but no copy of the game. I'm never doing business with Gamestop again.

sea
28th Aug 2011, 02:11
Apparently they returned all the copies of the regular edition and preorder material and will not be restocking it (those who shelled out extra for the augmented edition got the game). They offered me a 50 dollar gift card, but no copy of the game. I'm never doing business with Gamestop again.
Doesn't matter. Unless they literally ran out of codes, they should honour their agreement. I mean, if they're willing to give you a $50 gift card, then take it, but don't let it stop there is what I'm saying. :P

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 02:15
Doesn't matter. Unless they literally ran out of codes, they should honour their agreement. I mean, if they're willing to give you a $50 gift card, then take it, but don't let it stop there is what I'm saying. :P

I tried! They said that they will not be stocking the physical edition or honoring my preorder bonuses.

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 02:30
The good thing is that I'm not alone in this, as a simple search for this reveals a lot of angry regular edition customers like myself.

Vasarto
28th Aug 2011, 02:36
The Explosive mission pack preorder was SUPPOSE to come with a granade launcher and a Sniper rifle AND The Rescue Tracer Tong mission and I have not seen hide nor hair of Either of those in my game.

Sartorius
28th Aug 2011, 02:38
Tried once more; they deny they even sell it, say that it's downloadable-only.
That's it, I'm sending an email to Eidos Montreal.

Driber
28th Aug 2011, 07:21
Gamestop has pulled all PC versions of DX:HR from their shelves. There is another thread about this containing the official announcement. Please continue there instead.

closed.

Fellow mods, feel free to merge this thread with the other one and delete my post ;)