PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Equip/Use Mods Like Silencers, Damage Upgrades, etc.?

ricardosamuel1961
28th Aug 2011, 00:47
I bought a silencer for my pistol and have a damage upgrade. How do I equip those with the pistol?

Blackbird SR-71C
28th Aug 2011, 00:50
I bought a silencer for my pistol and have a damage upgrade. How do I equip those with the pistol?

You select the mod you want to apply, then the option "combine with" and then choose the weapon you want to upgrade. Incompatible weapons won't be selectable/grayed out.

MaxxQ1
28th Aug 2011, 00:55

In the inventory screen (this is assuming you're playing the PC version, as I am), click on the mod you want to install. You may have to click twice, but a window should open with a list of things like Examine, Combine, Drop, and so on. Click on Combine, and everything from you inventory disappears except for weapons the mods are compatible with. Click the weapon you want to add the mod to, and you're done, everything shows back up in your inventory and you now have a modded weapon.

Shralla
28th Aug 2011, 01:04
The system in the first game was much better, where you could just drag it over the weapon you wanted and apply it.

I also think that the inventory screen should have been kept more or less the same, because there's no reason I should have to click "examine" on all of my items just so I can get the description that the writers worked hard to make believable and entertaining to read. I should just be able to click a weapon or item, and the description should pop up on the side of the screen.

MaxxQ1
28th Aug 2011, 01:58
The system in the first game was much better, where you could just drag it over the weapon you wanted and apply it.

I also think that the inventory screen should have been kept more or less the same, because there's no reason I should have to click "examine" on all of my items just so I can get the description that the writers worked hard to make believable and entertaining to read. I should just be able to click a weapon or item, and the description should pop up on the side of the screen.

True, and there's no excuse for not doing that nowadays with widescreen monitors so ubiquitous - there's plenty of room.

P4NCH0theD0G
28th Aug 2011, 04:14
As a follow-up: Once I install, say a Damage Upgrade, will it apply to all weapons of that type (like picked-up weapons of the same type) or just the one weapon I installed it in?

And yes, I know how it would logically be, but this being a game and all... I'm just wondering if I, for example, leave a hub but left my upgraded combat rifle there, if I bought or picked up a new one in the next hub, would the upgrade still apply?

Thanks.

MaxxQ1
28th Aug 2011, 05:02
As a follow-up: Once I install, say a Damage Upgrade, will it apply to all weapons of that type (like picked-up weapons of the same type) or just the one weapon I installed it in?

And yes, I know how it would logically be, but this being a game and all... I'm just wondering if I, for example, leave a hub but left my upgraded combat rifle there, if I bought or picked up a new one in the next hub, would the upgrade still apply?

Thanks.

Only to the weapon you first applied it to.