PDA

View Full Version : Non-Lethal Bug

Dheuster
27th Aug 2011, 22:59
Using the stun gun, if I shoot someone in the head while they are on a couch, it counts as a kill (I dont see the "Zzzz" icon over them, but rather a skull).

I did this for a while to take care of thugs sitting on couches since I couldn't take them down with melee while they were sitting. (DRB Gang infiltration). I imagine other players who like to stun or knock all enemies out probably do the same thing, thinking they will still get the non-lethal perk... There will probably be a lot of angry users when they find out they have been stalking around for hours trying to get that feat only to find out they killed someone by accident when they weren't looking.

Maybe in addition to a patch, you could change the perk from being 100% no kills to 95% no kills. 1 in 20 is an acceptable accident rate.

While I am at it, it would be REAL NICE, if there was a stat screen we could go to see things like: Number of human kills, non-lethal take downs, etc... so we would know before we have spent 50 hours on the game that we accidently killed someone.

I have no idea how many "accidents" I have had, so now I just have to start over.

MaxxQ1
27th Aug 2011, 23:04
Using the stun gun, if I shoot someone in the head while they are on a couch, it counts as a kill (I dont see the "Zzzz" icon over them, but rather a skull).

I did this for a while to take care of thugs sitting on couches since I couldn't take them down with melee while they were sitting. (DRB Gang infiltration). I imagine other players who like to stun or knock all enemies out probably do the same thing, thinking they will still get the non-lethal perk... There will probably be a lot of angry users when they find out they have been stalking around for hours trying to get that feat only to find out they killed someone by accident when they weren't looking.

Maybe in addition to a patch, you could change the perk from being 100% no kills to 95% no kills. 1 in 20 is an acceptable accident rate.

While I am at it, it would be REAL NICE, if there was a stat screen we could go to see things like: Number of human kills, non-lethal take downs, etc... so we would know before we have spent 50 hours on the game that we accidently killed someone.

I have no idea how many "accidents" I have had, so now I just have to start over.

Odd. I was able to do a non-lethal takedown to the same guy(s) while they were sitting down. Did the same thing to a cop in the police station that was sleeping in his chair in his office.

I've also headshot plenty of folks using the tranq rifle and not had them die, so maybe switching to that instead of using the stun gun might help.

Reven
27th Aug 2011, 23:22
I had it happen as well with the guard with the shotgun outside T-bones apartment, everytime a tranc him he falls down dead without fail. Also some of the purity first guards in the hostage mission just seem to die while been dragged or just up and die after being KO'ed.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
28th Aug 2011, 00:11
Has anyone finished the game without killing anyone?

dimljajvbu
28th Aug 2011, 01:15
I had it happen as well with the guard with the shotgun outside T-bones apartment, everytime a tranc him he falls down dead without fail.

You mean "Double T"'s apartment? Same here, so eventually I just walked in front of him and did takedown instead. All those guys are especially stupid.

AdorableMachineOfDarkness
28th Aug 2011, 03:01
I've never seen an icon for Zzz on the PC and I put everyone to sleep... Except ten very select so-and-sos.

I wonder if the icon just isn't showing up? I'm guessing this is a console you're on...

Also! Signed for a stat screen!

Brockxz
28th Aug 2011, 04:30
I've never seen an icon for Zzz on the PC and I put everyone to sleep... Except ten very select so-and-sos.

I wonder if the icon just isn't showing up? I'm guessing this is a console you're on...

Also! Signed for a stat screen!

You see Zzz icon when you want to loot enemy. There is icon showing if enemy has loot and if enemy is dead or sleeping.